Is it possible to actually recoup monies in civil court from a Thai?

tbearthai

Lies & people trying to save face.

Friends telling friends they've won at court is rubbish

To the OP, how much have you lost?

Let's go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So basing it on bar stool banter in other words

DW... The OP asked if there where success stories and it's value in going through this process ! Now the OP knows there is ... I do agree with you on a couple of points it could be and I'm sure has been a quagmire for many and probably, definitely we are in the minority but that wasn't the question... I was told too forget it also but decided to take my chance and that's all I'm saying in my reply my friend.. I'm personally not an American and hadn't had any experience in court proceedings prior but don't know about the other members on this thread.

In honesty there are no success stories so other posters are just making things up for bravado as they've lost money too and saying they've got it back is like the million + baht being in their bank account again rather then that house in Issan on that plot of land that was theirs but never really theirs.

I really don't understand your quote regarding my own personal experience.... I was being totally honest with my replies and see absolutely no need to lie... If I had indeed lost I would definitely told the OP not too waste time and money but as I said earlier I did I won... It's yours to believe or not obviously but to discredit my post is just disrespectful..

Let's go from there.

No

It's based on experience & all lies people tell to make themselves look bigger.

So, how much are we talking? Come on, divulge

I just say it as I see it.

Yes, I'm sure somewhere in Thailand a farang has won a court case against a thai person.

But I'd bet a pound to a penny getting the verdict paid is impossible without the family of the Thai person putting a bullet in said farang

Sorry if you don't like hearing about reality but as they say the truth sometimes hurts.

Let's go from there.

No

So...... bar stools

DW... The OP asked if there where success stories and it's value in going through this process ! Now the OP knows there is ... I do agree with you on a couple of points it could be and I'm sure has been a quagmire for many and probably, definitely we are in the minority but that wasn't the question... I was told too forget it also but decided to take my chance and that's all I'm saying in my reply my friend.. I'm personally not an American and hadn't had any experience in court proceedings prior but don't know about the other members on this thread.

In honesty there are no success stories so other posters are just making things up for bravado as they've lost money too and saying they've got it back is like the million + baht being in their bank account again rather then that house in Issan on that plot of land that was theirs but never really theirs.

It's a bit like scratching around for a drink,and finding a dry Oasis! it's never going to be what you wanted!

Let's go from there.

No

Ah! the losers in Thailand ? we all talk about it, but some will never accept the reality! the the result is: massage the precious Ego and bend the truth,the crap never happened!

Edited by MAJIC

The house is in the wifes name or at best on a 30 year lease,in her name. While some dreamers will tell you I have it in my company name,@ 49% which has never been total control by any stretch of the imagination,and with at least 3 (possibly 6) sleeping Directors having paid sod all into your company,I don't know how you all sleep at night?

I would advise the doubters to never go into business if you have this attitude with what would be your investments.... Regarding Issan, girls, houses and generally putting so called assets in other people's names and expecting returns if it goes wrong ok i agree BUT having commercial property contracts registered at the Land Office, usufruct agreements and mortgages registered against them in my case a Singaporean Company with myself as Director it's not only possible to win a dispute it happens it did and i received monies owed in full... I really can't add anymore....

Edited by Sharp

There have been some reliable stories on Thaivisa of people recouping money through the courts. My advice to all the doubters is stay on your bar stool its the best place for you.

However even in my home country you cant squeeze blood from a stone.. so its best to check first if the person in question has any money. I was awarded money in my home country.. I am still waiting as there is no money at the debtor.

If you are able to have them charged with fraud or trickery in a criminal court first that will put a huge amount of pressure on them to pay up or go to jail. However this will not work in many cases. If you can get a lawyer to take the case, just having the court documents being sent to the guy might help. They might find it better to pay the debt and be done with it rather than pay a lawyer and roll the dice.

If you are able to have them charged with fraud or trickery in a criminal court first that will put a huge amount of pressure on them to pay up or go to jail. However this will not work in many cases. If you can get a lawyer to take the case, just having the court documents being sent to the guy might help. They might find it better to pay the debt and be done with it rather than pay a lawyer and roll the dice.

If there is no money then of course its no use.. but if they have wealth they will either have to put it all under an other ones name (that really sucks and is far to easy to do here). However some keep cars or houses in their names and they don't like to put it in an others name. Then if you really have a case.. you can get your money back.

But you really need to have a case often its hard to have a good case because almost nothing is always 100% right or wrong. Anyone who has any experience with the law will know that. Even in most traffic accidents both parties are partial to blame.