Cinco De Mayo

Me Yank

Actually Mexicans tend to use fresh sauces and not the bottled crap you referred to....

http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/824053/pico-salsa-hot-sauce-mole-enchilada-and-more-a-guide-to-mexican-salsas-and-sauces

Maybe if you asked at any resto you go to, they might prepare some...failing that I would rather have the Tabasco brands and I am not alone, as all of my Mexican friends agree and shy away from the junky bottled stuff you crave

Tabasco is really wrong for Mexican food. That's disgusting.

OK though for Americanized chili.

I didn't see any bottles of anything there.

Not on any tables.

Not in the back either.

Did you really think I meant Tabasco sauce?

Egads!

I did not mean American bottled salsas either.

Egads!
I meant actual Mexican bottled NOT SWEET hot sauce, the type of sauce actual Mexicans would put in dishes like shrimp cocktail and tostadas. Dude, that is NOTHING like ketchup.

To add, Sams does offer that ... but I'm not saying I love the food there ... but credit is deserved for at least offering that flavor basic.

Now actual restaurant cooked real Mexican salsa, using the real ingredients, that's too much to ask right ... so I'm not asking.

I'm supposed to bring my own salsa or hot sauce to a restaurant?

Yes I admit I've done stuff like that sometimes, but I'd rather not, I'd rather a restaurant that sells itself as a Mexican restaurant offer basic flavor options on the table to fulfill that claim. Unreasonable, you think?

Also you think "MOST" people bring their own food to restaurants to fix the food at restaurants?

That's obviously not true.

It's quite an oddball thing to do.

Yes I have done it but you almost never see people doing that.

Actually Mexicans tend to use fresh sauces and not the bottled crap you referred to....

http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/824053/pico-salsa-hot-sauce-mole-enchilada-and-more-a-guide-to-mexican-salsas-and-sauces

Maybe if you asked at any resto you go to, they might prepare some...failing that I would rather have the Tabasco brands and I am not alone, as all of my Mexican friends agree and shy away from the junky bottled stuff you crave

Not on any tables.

Not in the back either.

Egads!

Egads!

I meant actual Mexican bottled NOT SWEET hot sauce, the type of sauce actual Mexicans would put in dishes like shrimp cocktail and tostadas. Dude, that is NOTHING like ketchup.

To add, Sams does offer that ... but I'm not saying I love the food there ... but credit is deserved for at least offering that flavor basic.

Now actual restaurant cooked real Mexican salsa, using the real ingredients, that's too much to ask right ... so I'm not asking.

Yes I admit I've done stuff like that sometimes, but I'd rather not, I'd rather a restaurant that sells itself as a Mexican restaurant offer basic flavor options on the table to fulfill that claim. Unreasonable, you think?

Also you think "MOST" people bring their own food to restaurants to fix the food at restaurants?

Dude, stop insulting me.

I already explained how Mexicans use those kinds of bottled sauces.

In specific dishes ... like on tostadas, shrimp cocktails, seafood soups, etc.

Of course they've got fresh cooked salsas as well for most other dishes that call for them.

But this is Thailand and those bottled sauces that Mexicans use for tostadas are better than nothing.

You don't seem to know what kinds of bottled sauces I'm referring to.

Stuff like this :

salsa-la-valentina-etiqueta-negra-370-ml

No, not talking about bottled American salsa. I already said that ... facepalm.gif

As far as authentic tasting fresh Mexican salsas, I don't believe there is even one "Mexican" restaurant in Pattaya that achieves that flavor, not even close. Certainly asking them to do that as a special request when they don't have it is absurd. Get a clue, it's not as if there are Mexicans in the kitchens here! Sunrise had a salsa bar when they were open and they didn't have the right flavor either ... but for Thailand acceptable perhaps.

Edited by Jingthing

... like the better really hot one that you are 'probably jokingly' presented with a Certificate on purchase, that you sign awayyour Rights to Sue them for burning your guts out with xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6xvrrWe

Have you tried asking? Maybe if you use polite language, you might get what you are looking for....

Anyhow, back to the facts,

I believe this is the sauce you are referring to,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentina_(hot_sauce)

According to the link,

"Valentina's ingredients are water, chili peppers, vinegar, salt, spices and sodium benzoate (as a preservative).[2]

The taste can be described as a citrus flavor,............"

Sorry but I do not like sauces with preservatives, and if I want a citrus flavor I use fresh limes as do most Latinos....

But maybe you also like the Taco bell sauce packs....if so, maybe you can order some online from amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Taco-Bell-Restaurant-7-5-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B000E1FZJQ

I still recommend that you create your own sauce....quite easy if you do a bit of research and adjust to your tastes...

Not on any tables.

Not in the back either.

Egads!

Egads!

Dude, stop insulting me.

I already explained how Mexicans use those kinds of bottled sauces.

In specific dishes ... like on tostadas, shrimp cocktails, seafood soups, etc.

Of course they've got fresh cooked salsas as well for most other dishes that call for them.

But this is Thailand and those bottled sauces that Mexicans use for tostadas are better than nothing.

You don't seem to know what kinds of bottled sauces I'm referring to.

Stuff like this :

salsa-la-valentina-etiqueta-negra-370-ml

No, not talking about bottled American salsa. I already said that ... facepalm.gif

As far as authentic tasting fresh Mexican salsas, I don't believe there is even one "Mexican" restaurant in Pattaya that achieves that flavor, not even close. Certainly asking them to do that as a special request when they don't have it is absurd. Get a clue, it's not as if there are Mexicans in the kitchens here! Sunrise had a salsa bar when they were open and they didn't have the right flavor either ... but for Thailand acceptable perhaps.

Edited by blomarel

The lack of decent Mexican food in Pattaya can't be solved with requests, polite or otherwise.

We need some new restaurants started by people who actually care about offering the real deal ... dream on, I know. Why bother when people continue to pay for dreck?

I reckon you're new in town or something and don't realize how dreadful the situation is for people who actually love Mexican food.

This isn't Bangkok.

Anyway ... adios ... enough of this silliness. Cinco de Mayo is over.

Still half an hour left in American Samoa.....anyway your posts seem to have a lot of negativity...better to think positively and come up with creative solutions instead of moaning about this and that....although some people like to whinge

The lack of decent Mexican food in Pattaya can't be solved with requests, polite or otherwise.

We need some new restaurants started by people who actually care about offering the real deal ... dream on, I know. Why bother when people continue to pay for dreck?

I reckon you're new in town or something and don't realize how dreadful the situation is for people who actually love Mexican food.

This isn't Bangkok.

Still half an hour left in American Samoa.....anyway your posts seem to have a lot of negativity...better to think positively and come up with creative solutions instead of moaning about this and that....although some people like to whinge

This isn't Bangkok.

Regardless of your estimation of my negativity, doesn't change the reality on the ground in Pattaya with decent Mexican food. There is no there here. Just facing reality. If you don't wish to, be my guest.

In my defense against your personal attacks here, some ridiculously intentionally misreading my posts, with food I call things as I see them,

I have noted a vast improvement in the quality and offerings of INDIAN food in Pattaya over the years.

While I'm not Indian you can find happy Indian customers at many places and many positive comments from Indians on media sites confirming this reality.

No it is not as good as in Malaysia or in India or the best in the world, but there is at least DECENT Indian food on offer here and I always refute people who say there isn't and suspect they have long outdated impressions.

But Mexican food in Pattaya?

I can't imagine a Mexican person actually finding the "Mexican" food decent in Pattaya.

Who does it benefit to promote a delusion that there is decent Mexican food here?

I feel bad for people who have never had decent Mexican food thinking what they get in Pattaya is actually anything like the real deal, whether they "like" it or not.

Edited by Jingthing

there you go again.....

This isn't Bangkok.

Regardless of your estimation of my negativity, doesn't change the reality on the ground in Pattaya with decent Mexican food. There is no there here. Just facing reality. If you don't wish to, be my guest.

In my defense against your personal attacks here, some ridiculously intentionally misreading my posts, with food I call things as I see them,

I have noted a vast improvement in the quality and offerings of INDIAN food in Pattaya over the years.

While I'm not Indian you can find happy Indian customers at many places and many positive comments from Indians on media sites confirming this reality.

No it is not as good as in Malaysia or in India or the best in the world, but there is at least DECENT Indian food on offer here and I always refute people who say there isn't and suspect they have long outdated impressions.

But Mexican food in Pattaya?

I can't imagine a Mexican person actually finding the "Mexican" food decent in Pattaya.

Who does it benefit to promote a delusion that there is decent Mexican food here?

I feel bad for people who have never had decent Mexican food thinking what they get in Pattaya is actually anything like the real deal, whether they "like" it or not.