How to get rid of Tokays

TheCruncher

Today I cleaned up the garden shed, which actually functions as a storage room, and was amazed as how many Tokay eggs and shit I had to clean out.

I knew there was a Tokay housing there, as I had met it a few years ago, but today I noticed at least 2 large ones that had made it their home.

I know they aren't dangerous if you don't try to catch them, but the amount of Tokay excrement that was piled up behind my stuff was astonishing.

So I want them to move. Please don't tell me how useful they are for this and that, I want them out of my garden shed.

How do I accomplish that?

Mothballs are apparently effective against jinjoks, possibly they would work with their bigger brothers.

But, in reality, they move out, something else will move in, it's just a fact of living in a tropical location with loads of wild creatures.

Mothballs are apparently effective against jinjoks, possibly they would work with their bigger brothers.

But, in reality, they move out, something else will move in, it's just a fact of living in a tropical location with loads of wild creatures.

I was aware of the Tokay being in there for a few years already, now it are 2 pretty large ones, and going by the amount of excrement and eggs I had to remove it is clear that they don't move out but made it a breeding place

Edited by TheCruncher

Best solution I've found is to catch the big ones using a fine mesh fishing net (the little ones can be caught in a shoe box if you're quick and have a clean run). Then take them for a long walk down the road and rehouse them in a tree.

Best to also figure out how they were getting in, otherwise their cousins will be back...