Man stomps lover to death after not getting his drinks

Thaivisa News

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are uneducated poor imbeciles who have nothing better to do than worship their religion and drink. Roi Et is not exactly brimming with sophistication. Here you've got a wrinkly old Somchai screwing a family member and everyone looks the other way. Then he beats her to death. Nice rural living. No wonder Bangkokians don't want any of these <deleted> pushing their wares up and down streets.

"Roi Et is not exactly brimming with sophistication.."

Thousands of farangs making their homes there, for obvious reasons, might say otherwise I suggest.

"Here you've got a wrinkly old Somchai redneck screwing a family member and everyone looks the other way."

Sounds like happy Appalachia to me. https://www.google.com/search?q=appalachian+inbreeding&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=xyxIVYu1L6OimQWt84HgAw&ved=0CB0QsAQ&biw=1012&bih=607

A dozen witnesses and no one did anything

Such a sad statement about Thailand and its people

"not my problem"

Now someone is dead and no one cared enough to help her

I hope ding-dong gets what is due to him

In the meanwhile, another story du jour. As reported in one of the two Thai English tabloids. A dog sniffed a trash bin. Quite instinctually, based on smell, he lifted, out of the bin, a fellow four limbed mammal, still alive. News story? Why yes, it is. And a very popular story apparently as well. But the storyline ..... dog 'savior'.... dog 'hero'.... dog 'rescuer'. Because there is a dog that can smell? No. The rescued mammal, a minor detail to the titillating storyline of Dog Savior, is that the mammal (you already guessed, didn't you? already know) was human.

Edited by maewang99

Onlookers didn't intervene. What kind of sick society is this?

here we go Thai bashing again and claim some onlookers are representative for a society! it's you who is sick! w00t.gif

It isn't Thai bashing...it's the Thai norm to look the other way while someone is getting the s^#t beat out of them...if it doesn't concern me then it's not my problem. In a civilized country, this would be called accessory to the fact.

To be fair there was a video a few weeks ago where a Thai guy was beating the sh1t out of a policeman who he had king hit from behind. Two women who worked at the gas station intervened and saved his life.

here we go Thai bashing again and claim some onlookers are representative for a society! it's you who is sick! w00t.gif

You are saying there is nothing wrong that the culture thinks not intervening

in a murder in front of your face is OK, because it is 'Domestic Violence'?

It was IN CHURCH, they were there making merit for their faith,

yet they did NOTHING to stop a defenseless women being beaten senseless.

That goes to the root of a cultural problem.

Edited by animatic

domestic violence is always the same whether it is in Thailand or Europe and people don't like to interfere in case they are dragged into a situation not of their choosing .

This makes no sense whatsoever. The family members were present, filmed it, and did nothing until the poor woman was dead. Do you see this situation happening in a civilized nation? If there is a family dispute happening in front of you, when a life is in danger, you don't just sit on your arse like these creeps did.

1. "Roi Et: - Police are tracking down a 79-year-old man on suspicion of killing his 43-year-old in-law and lover in a rage."

2. "To the horror of merit makers, he punched and kicked her until she fell down."

3. "...a brutally-beaten woman had died..."

He beats the crap out of her in front of many witnesses, she's taken to hospital and dies later.

Suspicions are raised?

I don't think Sheerluck Holmes could sort this one.

When the cops find this elusive, dangerous 79 year old lunatic, I hope he receives the treatment ,in jail, that he is due.

Simply amazing.

Thai culture demands they respect their elders. /sarc

It breaks my heart to think that this was a community gathering, and children were likely present. So, Somchai stands there with his little son and daughter watching this and doing nothing about it, sending a strong message that the cruel bashing to death of another human is okay. I really can't believe that a group of people would stand there and let this happen where I come from.

(BTW, don't judge my experience and knowledge of Thailand by the newbie status. I know this place very well.)

It's not just Thailand

On March 13, 1964, a 28-year-old woman named Catherine “Kitty” Genovese was raped and killed in two separate late-night attacks near her home in Kew Gardens, Queens. Police found that at least 38 people had seen the attacks or heard Genovese scream, but no one intervened and just one woman called the police.

In April 2010, a homeless man named Hugo Alfredo Tale-Yax died on a street in Queens after being stabbed while intervening in an argument. A number of people walked by him as he lay dying on the street. The New York Times reported, “One man bent down to the sidewalk to shake the man, lifting him to reveal a pool of blood before walking away. Two men appeared to have a conversation about the situation, one pausing to take a photo of the body before departing. But the rest merely turned their heads toward the body, revealing some curiosity as they hurried along.” The article also noted that, “in New York, as in most other states, there is no legal obligation for a bystander to help someone in distress.” http://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/13/march-13-1964-new-york-woman-killed-while-witnesses-do-nothing/?_r=0

I see why some posters on this forum like dogs better than they like people.

A dozen witnesses said they watched the entire incident and were reluctant to intervene in what they said was domestic violence.

It is almost a change from the 10 on 1 jumping on people heads....... I wonder how many of these are all related. All should be charged as well. Sicko's

I'm shocked the friends/family didn't step in and take her money for their selves, bunch of scum.

Shock takes many forms.

I could sort of understand it if the onlookers were just frozen in terror at what they were witnessing, and I'm sure that some of them were.

But to have the presence of mind to grab a mobile and start filming without taking any other action, they are accessories to murder.

Domestic Affair -> don't interfere

Next

They're of a higher class -> don't interfere

Next

They're rich -> don't interfere

A bit of education would help. Shouldn't take more than two generations.

What wonderful relatives and friends to just sit and watch this woman getting beaten to death in front of their very eyes.

It was only domestic violence which is quite ok in this sick society.

You are correct, it was a Thai doing the bashing and it is shameful that people just sit and let it happen saying "it's only domestic violence". If that is representative of Thai society, both it and therefore you, Naam, for seemingly condoning it are sick. It is NEVER okay for a man to hit a woman, much less stomp her to death.

Edited by rethaier

Hmmm. Merit making. I am not Buddhist. But I figure that that good Lord Budha would bestow more merit upon someone who intervened to prevent a murder, rather than someone who paid some monks to chant at their house.

Oh and another thought, if family members can watch one of their own be tortured and then murdered without intervening, what hope does the lone farang being attacked by Thai youths have of any help from the Thai public. Chew on that today before you head out for your Changs tonight.