bottled water in thailand?

ghworker2010

Just clarifying an earlier post to say that Mont Fleur IS a mineral water.

Mont Fleur 100% Natural Mineral Water as certified by CARSO-Laboratoire Santé Environnement Hygiène de Lyon, France. Mont Fleur, mineral water from natural hot springs, is found near the top of a pristine mountain in Phop Phra. Mont Fleur water rises from deep within the earth, traveling up mineral rich capillaries. The higher elevation of the source ensures a gradual and complete infusion of vital minerals. This gives Mont Fleur its superior mineral content and unique quality, recommended for daily drinking.

We drink it every day.

Edited by Class C

Just clarifying an earlier post to say that Mont Fleur IS a mineral water.

Mont Fleur 100% Natural Mineral Water as certified by CARSO-Laboratoire Santé Environnement Hygiène de Lyon, France. Mont Fleur, mineral water from natural hot springs, is found near the top of a pristine mountain in Phop Phra. Mont Fleur water rises from deep within the earth, traveling up mineral rich capillaries. The higher elevation of the source ensures a gradual and complete infusion of vital minerals. This gives Mont Fleur its superior mineral content and unique quality, recommended for daily drinking.

We drink it every day.

the incredible power of marketing eh

I drink filtered rain water and have for almost 20 years. Of course only feasible for those of us living in the countryside.

Tap water can easily be filtered either through on attached device orr pouring it into a countertop filter. What type of filter would depend on the water quality and what you were seeking to remove.

Just want to add the obvious....the filter must be changed sometimes. the filter should not be complete rotten......fungus and bacteria living in the filter may make things worse.

Common sense, but considering the recent horror story from these water machines that stay everywhere it should be mentioned.

There is Spring water product in the States called Natural Calm. It’s a dissolvable powder which is good for magnesium deficiency. Can you tell me if a similar product is available in Thailand. If not, do you know if I can find Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate on the market

The reason to drink mineral water isnt for minerals but to avoid the chemicals in filtered water.

It's easy, find someone with irritable bowel syndrom and give them Natural source water for one week and filtered water for an other. Ask him to log his daily feelings and don't let him know which is which. You'll see. (have done it)

Who knows, maybe in 50years we'll discover that all those chemicals we put to remove poop from water is actually really bad for you. Tap water is safe according to most western governement, why? because we have no choice as we cant have 100% of people drinking water from hot springs/canadian mountains.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the opportunity to visit a small water treatment/bottling plant up in Isan some years ago. Having a background in water treatment,I was more than curious to see how the process compared to Western practice. The plant was set up much the same as any developed country with two sources,(a drilled well and rain catchment) Treatment consisted of pressure filters and ultraviolet light for disinfection(the system's equipment was correctly sized for the designed flow) The bottling equipment was semi-automated and up to the task. So far, so good until I began to follow the flow through the plant. The filers were in two banks of 3 filters each allowing one bank to be by-passed for back washing. Somewhere along the way,all the filers had been by-passed with the UV light out of order(it gets better). The owner of the plant was my gf uncle and we stayed with her mother near the plant. There was a path leading from an outside toilet past the catchment tank for the bottling plant. The path had a lot traffic and I began to notice some people dipping their fingers into the catchment tank as they passed after leaving the horng nam. This was 20 years ago so I sure the UV light has been replaced by now...Bottoms UP!

• 1 month later...

I buy my water at the RO/ozone stations. 4 baht for 2.5 litres. It then gets boiled and decanted when cool into a separate container, which I use for drinking water and ice. No chance of anything surviving the double whammy.

Mineral water is a fairly expensive way of getting the same result. The salts in mineral water are also found in the majority of foods.

• 1 year later...

We use the Berkey gravity water filter for our home drinking water, but were stocking Aura Mineral Water (1.5:L & .5L) in our store. We like the idea of selling a local high quality product which Aura seemed to be. My last trip to Macro they did not stock any 1.5L Aura but had 1.5L Aro brand which I had never seen before. It was much cheaper than Aura (B10 vs B16 / 1.5L) and since both come from Mae Rim I picked up several 6pks.

I did quite a bit of online research on Aura  http://www.aura.co.th/  a couple years back  http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/life/living_health/30176474  but cannot find any info online at all about Aro, and their label is mostly in Thai. All it says in English is "bottled at source" & "Mae Rim Natural Mineral Water".

Anyone?

Doug

i drilled  2  wells, both tested in BKK (5000baht)  Excellent  quality but  both different even though within 100 metres of each other, drink it straight out of the taps or direct from well head.

• 2 months later...

Here in our new house in Ubon I drink the city water filtered through my ceramic candle filter. A unit I was using in my studio in Pattaya and brought here.x

TGF drinks only bottled water ...  :smile: