New Motorbike registered in my name, how?

New Motorbike registered in my name, how?

Sure that question was answered multiple times, but is it true, that I need a Non Immigrant -O- Visa to have the registering possibility?

I qualify for a Non Immigrant -O- and have in some days the choice of a 60 day extension

(on a 30 day Visa exempt entry) - for having children with Thai lady and staying with them

and providing for them - that would be the easy way.

But than probably no Regstering - no Non Immigrant -O-. ?

Or, making a Non Immi -O- in Vientiane or in Phnom Penh, if there is also a not to difficult Non Immigrant -O- possibility. (Will also have a look now at the -pinned informations, regarding, getting a Visa in the area.)

I am registered in the local Amphoe for living in my Gf house since years.

Thank you for any helpful information.

You can buy a vehicle on any type of visa.

The buying is easy, yes, special in cash, but to register the bought vehicle in your own name and that the number plate is running, registered on your name is the more difficult part.

Important condition also, to have the possibility to drive with the vehicle across international borders.

Yes, if you can get sertificate of residence. Some immigrations give it on tourist visa and some are not.

They will not give it on a extensions of stay, for having family in Thailand,

staying with the children, providing for them?

I am registered on/in my Gf's house in the local Amphoe. Not good enough?

Need also the Non Immigrant -O-? OK - depends on the Immigration - with me, Udon Thani, that would be.

If the green book is already in your name you do not need anything. I am always on the regular tourist visa and I have had my bike for 5 years. Every February I go to the Chonburi office. I go to the window and pay my insurance. I go across the street to get my bike inspected. Then I go back across to the office and hand the green book and inspection paper to the guy in the window and pay the fee. He gives me the thing for my bike. Then I go upstairs to get my driver's license. THAT is what you need the residence certificate for. If you bought it from a shop then they are the ones responsible for transferring the book into your name. I bought mine at the auction and they took care of the green book and initial registration.

Correct! It's been asked a million times.

There are also various different combinations of factors - but the first thing you need to sort is a certificate of residence.

You didn't tell us where you live so no one can offer advice.

Step one. Go to immigration, and ask what they require to issue a certificate of residence ?

Step two. Go buy a bike

However, to say you are registered with the Ampoer, then if your name is on a book, then just take that.

If your immigration refuses to issue a certificate try the Amphoe, tessaban, police, poo Yai baan

It really isn't hard.

Edited by recom273

You can get a Residency Certificate from Immigration with a 30 day (Visa Exemption) stamp (assuming your local Immigration office issues them). I've done it a dozen(+) times at Jomtien. (However, dear old departed Dad was denied once, but only because he had less than a week remaining on the 30 day stamp).

I've registered (in my name) 4 motorcycles (so far) and 3 of those were while I only had a 30 day stamp in my passport.

For a new bike:

1) Your passport. Type of visa doesn't matter (just don't be on overstay)

2) Proof of residence. This can be either a work permit, a yellow house book, or a letter from immigration. Any one of the three.

3) Cash.

That's it. Take that to the dealer and they'll sort it out for you.

Maybe there should be a pinned topic on this one too?

Some friends of mine recently bought two bikes and registered them in their names on a tourist exemption.

Just needed a Certificate of Residence and a translator.

They had great service and support from someone in Bangkok, who organised all of the documents and organised at the shop, via (DELETED)

PM for info

Edited by seedy
link to website

2) Proof of residence. This can be either a work permit, a yellow house book, or a letter from immigration. Any one of the three.

Or a certificate of residence from your embassy.

Sophon

If you are registered at your Gf's address than you can have or apply for a "yellow housebook" on your name. With this book you can buy a vehicle and have it registered on your name.wai2.gif

That's true but is different in practice,some Amphurs say you must be married,even though you don't.

Udon Thani, in the countryside. wai.gif

How you getting on there ? No one has come forward to advise you on the procedure at Udon Immigration or DLT.

The IO's in Udon must be used to dealing with ex-pats, I always have an easy time dealing with Issan IO's.

Did you pop in and ask for a certificate of residence ?

I just bought a bike in Roi-Et ( Thai reg'd ) and registered it in my name on a non-O with a certificate of res from my local immigration. It was quite complicated fustrating as the bike came from out of the province, but not so hard to do on my own. It took 3 days ( 2 visits to immigration and 3 to DLT )

Edited by recom273

• 2 weeks later...

Udon Thani, in the countryside. wai.gif

How you getting on there ? No one has come forward to advise you on the procedure at Udon Immigration or DLT.

The IO's in Udon must be used to dealing with ex-pats, I always have an easy time dealing with Issan IO's.

Did you pop in and ask for a certificate of residence ?

I just bought a bike in Roi-Et ( Thai reg'd ) and registered it in my name on a non-O with a certificate of res from my local immigration. It was quite complicated fustrating as the bike came from out of the province, but not so hard to do on my own. It took 3 days ( 2 visits to immigration and 3 to DLT )

First, I have to choose a motorbike.

If I buy from a dealer, will ask there to. I am registered on my Gfs and my childrens house in the Udon countryside.

Was never at DLT, - registration office for vehicles? I will see soon, I think. wink.png

• 5 months later...

Some years ago I registered a new bike and several cars showing a condo rental contract, is that not enough anymore? (Chiang Mai city)

For a new bike:

3) Cash.

Edited by flyDelight

Some years ago I registered a new bike and several cars showing a condo rental contract, is that not enough anymore? (Chiang Mai city)

For a new bike:

3) Cash.

No, it's not usually enough but you never know .. Work permit is also acceptable.