English Speaking Live in Nurse/Home help needed in Hua Hin

carlybond

Hi All,

My Englsih ex pat father who lives in Hua Hin recently fell down the stairs at home and suffered a brain hemorage. As a result of this he has also had to have a tracheostomy which means he cannot speak at the moment. He is recovering in hospital but is going to need 24 hour care until he gets back on his feet when he comes out of hospital in (hopefully) a couple of weeks. We have hired one full time live in nurse who is currently shadowing the nurses in the hospital to learn what do when he is home, However this nurse only speaks Thai. Dad is responding much better to English speaking people so we are looking for a second nurse to come and live in Hua Hin at Dads place to help him recover mentally and also get him back on his feet. The doctors have said his brain will get back to normal within a year. Think he currently has short term memory loss although hard to assess as hen cant talk and has trouble pointing to yes/no when written. Main duties would be washing and changing, light physio, helping him stand and eventually walk, feeding and general rehab stuff.

I seem to be struggling to find any nursing agencies in Thailand that deal with this sort of thing.

Would anyone have any info? Or any nurses out there looking to move to Thailand that would be willing to take on this role? Flights/expenses/visa and luxury live in accommodation all paid for as well as a wage.

If anyone can help or could give any advice on the best people to contact please let me know.

Thanks,

Carly

Actually you don't need a full R.N. for this type of work and if you employed one she would soon get bored. Yes, someone who is a caregiver, but not necessarily a someone with a college degree. As colin said, ask at the hospital not just for nurses, but also nursing aids.

Maybe not what you're looking for but there is a full time care home in Ratchaburi if all else fails

A friend of mine took his Dad there to stay and the last time I spoke to him he was very happy with how well his Dad was and the care etc