Looking for a cheap full cooking oven or large mini oven

HOAX

Hi guys.

Been thinking about making my own homemade pan pizza for too long. Somewhat similar to this: http://anka.sprayblogg.no/images/5_005_1178724867.jpg

But I need a oven or a large mini oven.

I have some questions:

How large are those 70 L/90 L mini ovens actually? Are they large enough to make a good size pizza?

Such as this one from HouseWorth (90 L): http://www.kitchenwaremarket.com/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=125_408_411&products_id=5804&language=En&osCsid=8748c04fc7838142d82cc43804ca7bed

and this one also from HouseWorth (70 L): http://www.kitchenwaremarket.com/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=125_408_411&products_id=3629&osCsid=8748c04fc7838142d82cc43804ca7bed

Is the quality of mini ovens good, or should I go for a full sized oven?

If so, can anyone recommend a good full sized oven for a good price?

Online shopping works fine for me, but if there`s a shop in Udon Thani or nearby you can recommend then I could go have a look.

Hey mate, I know a guy who had a pizza shop that he closed. He has all the gear at home and is wishing to sell and included in that is a Pizza oven.

Details of it I don't know.

The oven and other stuff is located in Chum Phae, Khon Kaen province.

If you interested let me know and I'll PM the guys phone number to you and leave to you to get all the details.

He is is an Australian mate of mine here.

Regards

His pizza was good thumbsup.gif Must be 2 years ago that I was there, Not sure.

But this will be a full size professional pizza oven?

Not a very inventive idea, but have you checked out the Champ shop which is on the sideline of every Makro chain store.

They have all kinds of (semi)professionell kitchen/cooking stuff.

Unfortunately lost the link to their site.

Hey mate, I know a guy who had a pizza shop that he closed. He has all the gear at home and is wishing to sell and included in that is a Pizza oven.

Details of it I don't know.

The oven and other stuff is located in Chum Phae, Khon Kaen province.

If you interested let me know and I'll PM the guys phone number to you and leave to you to get all the details.

He is is an Australian mate of mine here.

Regards

Hi mate, sounds promising, but what kind of pizza oven is it? Can you control the heat, is it ideal for pan pizzas and can you make something else than pizza with it? I`m not so much of a fan of thin Italian crispy styled pizzas.

His pizza was good thumbsup.gif Must be 2 years ago that I was there, Not sure.

But this will be a full size professional pizza oven?

Not a very inventive idea, but have you checked out the Champ shop which is on the sideline of every Makro chain store.

They have all kinds of (semi)professionell kitchen/cooking stuff.

Unfortunately lost the link to their site.

Hi there. No I haven`t been there, but if the price there is good then I will go over there and have a look. So far I`ve been looking around online, and I see prices vary a lot from one shop to another. A HomeWorth 70 L mini oven cost 4,700 at Raykitchenware.com, but cost 5500 baht at Lazada.co.th and kitchenwaremarket.com and as much as cost 7000 at Central Plaza (Robinson) and Central.co.th (online shop).

After I have done plenty of bad deals in Thailand in the past, I`m now more aware of the price variations. I feel it`s unnecessary to pay 1000 baht more than you have to. Can easily save 70,000 or more every year on making good deals.

I bought this last year for baking usage and is 16" x 13" inside and about 11" high inside and stated to be 50 liters. It has worked very well for DIL. http://www.lazada.co.th/ricco-50-332882.html

ricco-50-4226-993311-1-product.jpg

I like the fact it is 2000 W and 45% off on the price, but I think it`s a little to small. How is the overall quality? Is the temperature as it should be or is it leaking some heat?

Zanussi used to sell a free standing oven with three gas rings on top for about 7500 baht. Used ours for 8 years no problems. They used to be sold at most large Big C supermarkets. Failing that, Singer also make a cheap decent size oven for about the same price , also with three gas rings. Just need to find your nearest dealer.

I do not use it myself but seems to be much better made than I had expected and outside not nearly as hot as normal toaster type ovens. Very impressed myself and seems to hold temp well as confirmed by separate oven meter. Can confirm the cakes seem to be produced well with even heat.

In a previous life I used to be an oven engineer. I was approached once to design a pizza oven but I didn't follow it up as we had little experience in the food industry.

If I remember right, pizza ovens are bottom heat and quite a few of the cheap ovens on the market are only top heat. You should be looking for one with elements in both the top and bottom that are independently controlled.

I do not use it myself but seems to be much better made than I had expected and outside not nearly as hot as normal toaster type ovens. Very impressed myself and seems to hold temp well as confirmed by separate oven meter. Can confirm the cakes seem to be produced well with even heat.

That`s great info. I will have a look at this one and see if I find it a little larger. So far I`ve found this HouseWorth 90 L thing which is 2800 W at 7500 baht, but struggling with finding any reviews at all.

@Denim - I`ll have a look at Zanussi as well. I saw someone talking about HomePro having those.

In a previous life I used to be an oven engineer. I was approached once to design a pizza oven but I didn't follow it up as we had little experience in the food industry.

If I remember right, pizza ovens are bottom heat and quite a few of the cheap ovens on the market are only top heat. You should be looking for one with elements in both the top and bottom that are independently controlled.

Most definitely, but that`s good for many other things when cooking. Pan pizzas uses both bottom and top heat, at leased that`s how we do it with homemade pan pizzas in Norway.

- Top and bottom heating

- Temperature of 225 C

- The pizza is placed in the lower half in the oven when the inside dimension of the oven measures 50 cm or more in height (which is perfect)

This is why I`m looking at the HW 90 L mini oven. the inside volume measures 50x50x30 (w/h/d), which is surprisingly huge for a mini oven to be. It`s actually the size of a small full sized oven.

Anyone know if you can control the heat manually between 200 and 250, or does it pop directly from 200 to 250 on these mini ovens?

Anyone have any experience with House Worth products?

Look on the Facebook.... for Sale groups in your area. Frequently there are pizza ovens for sale. Most are Champ and are electric but can also be used to bake bread etc.... Hotels often use those as a GP oven. Bide your time as it seems at one of the most frequently appearing restaurant equipment sales seem to include pizza ovens! I wonder why?

Most definitely, but that`s good for many other things when cooking. Pan pizzas uses both bottom and top heat, at leased that`s how we do it with homemade pan pizzas in Norway.

- Top and bottom heating

- Temperature of 225 C

- The pizza is placed in the lower half in the oven when the inside dimension of the oven measures 50 cm or more in height (which is perfect)

This is why I`m looking at the HW 90 L mini oven. the inside volume measures 50x50x30 (w/h/d), which is surprisingly huge for a mini oven to be. It`s actually the size of a small full sized oven.

Anyone know if you can control the heat manually between 200 and 250, or does it pop directly from 200 to 250 on these mini ovens?

Anyone have any experience with House Worth products?

That depends if the oven is fitted with an energy regulator or a thermostat. The older energy regulators were incremental but they have become more sophisticated and the ones on my hob are fully variable.

The ovens that are shown are execelnt for cooking pizzas and all sorts as I bought one from robinsons about 4year ago and still works but! Beware the one fault that we had is that the thermostat control button melted so now we use pliers

Archived