israelis rejected at khao san dorms/backpacker places

Howitzer

Heard they were being rejected back in the late 30s and 40s buy the German business owners.. not sure if it was on Khaosan.

My mates misses works in a Hotel in Sathorn they don't like Israelis as they always argue over the bill...never tip and leave the room in a mess.. just gossip though.. asked her if they were carrying any gold around their neck? She didn't see any... so maybe they were not really Israelis.

Edited by wow64

Heard they were being rejected back in the late 30s and 40s buy the German business owners.. not sure if it was on Khaosan.

My mates misses works in a Hotel in Sathorn they don't like Israelis as they always argue over the bill...never tip and leave the room in a mess.. just gossip though.. asked her if they were carrying any gold around their neck? She didn't see any... so maybe they were not really Israelis.

israelis are jews obviously how different are they from say an american jew?

Can Israelis learn to have better manners? - Israel News ...

I can't stand any sort of "Generalization" and/or "Discrimination".

If ANY establishment discriminates on the basis of Race, Color or Creed; then such an establishment needs to be boycotted by all thinking people ! ! !

1zgarz5.gif

not all Israelis are Jews!

According to Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics, the Arab population in 2013 was estimated at 1,658,000, representing 20.7% of the country's population.The majority of these identify themselves as Arab or Palestinian by nationality and Israeli by citizenship.

No surprise at all.

By my own experience, in Israel, and with tourist here and abroad, YOUNG Israelis behave very bad. Last experience was in the tourist night bus BK-Chiang Mai with 4 guys drinking just behind my seat, yelling and messing with young girls inside the bus. I am an old guy, big, but I do not like trouble. That time my only choice, after complaining many times, was to get one of the guys by the throat. Risky move, what works....with the approval of everybody inside the bus.

I have to recognize...Felt good!

Edited by umbanda

I can't stand any sort of "Generalization" and/or "Discrimination".

If ANY establishment discriminates on the basis of Race, Color or Creed; then such an establishment needs to be boycotted by all thinking people ! ! !

1zgarz5.gif

Where do you think you are?

If you ask anybody working in hospitality businesses all over Asia, which countries' people are the least pleasant to deal with, Israeli citizens will appear in the top-3 of the ranking.

And no, it does not have to do with politics, and no, it does not have to do with being of Jewish origin, as many US nationals have Jewish roots but are able to behave well and civilized....

If you ask anybody working in hospitality businesses all over Asia, which countries' people are the least pleasant to deal with, Israeli citizens will appear in the top-3 of the ranking.

And no, it does not have to do with politics, and no, it does not have to do with being of Jewish origin, as many US nationals have Jewish roots but are able to behave well and civilized....

If you say so.

I think you'd actually have to ask the owners of such establishments for their specific reasons and also whether their bigoted policies are based on personal experience, or because they've heard trash talk from others.

Many people believe stupid stuff they hear from others.

I knew a Jewish lady from the U.S. midwest and was often the first Jew people ever met ... people asked her is she had horns and often wanted to feel her head just in case.

How can you know there is never political motivation?

How can you know some of these businesses are not owned by either Thai Muslims or European Israel demonizer types who are taking an extremist position of not doing business with Israelis.

It's no secret that many of the younger backpacker type Israelis are former soldiers taking a post service holiday. People could have political reasons for not wanting to host them.

Interestingly George Galloway, the notoriously obsessed Israeli demonizer from Bradford famous for declaring Bradford a "No Israeli Zone" has just lost in the UK election. That was purely a political motivation.

Malaysia bans Israelis entirely That is purely a political motivation and also Malaysia "enjoys" a high rate of antisemitic feeling among it's population ... interesting when that happens in places with almost no Jews. Yes non-Israeli Jews are allowed to travel there.

So you can't say all over Asia because Malaysia owners wouldn't know, but they'd probably have opinions anyway based on no personal experience. That's people for you.

Edited by Jingthing

Maybe it has to do with muslim roots and bad habits that they share ?

Maybe it has to do with muslim roots and bad habits that they share ?

The majority of Israeli Jews (as opposed to American Jews) actually do have cultural roots to the Arab and Muslim world. Israel is in the middle east.

My gf who has worked hotel for years told me they were the worst customers. Her words " they always make problems".

And she likes everyone ... Well almost everyone.

So no Thai smiles for the Israelis from here, eh?

Maybe the Israelis can feel that they are being prejudged.

So they always make problems.

Every single Israeli, of all ages, all the time?

Do you actually believe that?

How big a sample?

10 Israelis?

1000?

Anyway, in all practicality this discrimination issue isn't much of a problem for Israelis traveling in Thailand. There are plenty of places that cater to them specifically, and like many nationalities in Thailand, probably most of them are happy to give their money to those places that DO welcome them. They kind of remind me of young Iranians in Thailand. I wonder which group does the most drugs? gigglem.gif

Edited by Jingthing

The reason in KSR and on Koh Phangan (and 2 places I know in CEI has always been cited as drinking and fighting

(2 places onKPG also said that they'd rent a room to 1 and 4 would share it without paying for the extra people

The reason in KSR and on Koh Phangan (and 2 places I know in CEI has always been cited as drinking and fighting

(2 places onKPG also said that they'd rent a room to 1 and 4 would share it without paying for the extra people

We're all wrong...they are only fighting, pennypinching and behaving like arrogant clowns because they are discriminated against by all of us.

We're all bullying them.

Apparently.

I'm personally of the opinion that they are ex-squaddies on the rampage....but there you go again....stereotyping.....I'll go throw a bucket of cold water over my head.

OK. after that predictable "penny pinching" slur I'm gonna go there.

Why does this thread even exist?

Isn't it really designed as a troll thread from the start?

A thread to attract people who want to dump on Israelis who <cough cough> are for the most part Jewish people, especially the ones you see in Thailand.

Edited by Jingthing

Israelis take pride in their rude, aggressive, confrontational nature. Their manners are appalling, ridiculous, scandalous. Scandalous to the point of being a national disgrace. I read an article regarding the issue a couple of years ago - and it made sense. I have met many Israeli ex-soldiers on my travels, and although they tend to be as rude as hell, I've always had some empathy with them - thinking it was just part of the stress of their jobs.

No - it appears to be a deep cultural issue -

http://www.haaretz.com/news/israel/can-israelis-learn-to-have-better-manners-1.291171

I witnessed an incident where an Israeli went ballistic at a Thai hotel receptionist because the elevator was being serviced - meaning he would have to walk up three flights of stairs. The level of OTT vitriol got to the point the young receptionist burst into tears, and the police were called. The guy and his wife were removed from the premises.

The guys behaviour was totally uncalled for.

That link was already posted before in this very thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/823175-israelis-rejected-at-khao-san-dormsbackpacker-places/?p=9382699

I witnessed an incident with a drunk Estonian on the baht bus the other day. Now I think all Estonians are always drunk when on buses. Go figure.

If the police are called so often because of complaining Israelis at hotels, how come I don't recall reading a press story about such a thing in Pattaya ... EVER.

I'm not saying that in general Israelis don't have a distinctive national character like any nationality. They do. But the levels people are taking this to accuse ALL Israelis of all ages and classes and backgrounds (considering the geographical DIVERSITY of origin of Israelis) of being guaranteed trouble makers is TOTAL GARBAGE.

Edited by Jingthing

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/823175-israelis-rejected-at-khao-san-dormsbackpacker-places/?p=9382699

I witnessed an incident with a drunk Estonian on the baht bus the other day. Now I think all Estonians are always drunk when on buses. Go figure.

If the police are called so often because of complaining Israelis at hotels, how come I don't recall reading a press story about such a thing in Pattaya ... EVER.

I was unaware that link had been posted before. Unlike you, I have a life outside of Thaivisa.

Unlike you, I can see good and bad in every nationality.

I don't feel the need to creep around Internet forums waiting for reason to take offence.

I was unaware that link had been posted before. Unlike you, I have a life outside of Thaivisa.

Unlike you, I can see good and bad in every nationality.

I don't feel the need to creep around Internet forums waiting for reason to take offence.

I think you failed to see any good in Israelis so I don't believe what you just posted. Basically it seems like you saw one nutcase at a hotel and suggested that represents an entire nation of people.

Edited by Jingthing

I'm not saying that in general Israelis don't have a distinctive national character like any nationality. They do. But the levels people are taking this to accuse ALL Israelis of all ages and classes and backgrounds (considering the geographical DIVERSITY of origin of Israelis) of being guaranteed trouble makers is TOTAL GARBAGE.

Oh look - yet another edit by the guy that blurts first and corrects later.

Why would the press be interested in covering a story about a guy being kicked out of a hotel for being rude to a receptionist? talk sense, man.