Thaivisa good but could be better

I have been following Thaivisa for many months and have made a few posts. There is a lot of very helpful and useful information on this site, posted by people who obviously know what they are talking about and genuinely want to help others. But I feel the site is spoiled by a large number of people who feel that they have to post an opinion for every topic, even when they don't have one, or if they do it is either vapid or offensive. There is an undertone of intolerance and even racism in a lot of posts. Indeed, after reading some posts it is hard to believe that some of these people actually live here. I have, over the years lived in Thailand for 8 years, not as long as many other members, but I love living here (Chiang Mai) and I totally accept Thai culture and the way of life. If I didn't I wouldn't indulge in negative remarks and condescending criticism. I would just leave!!!

Quite a few of them don't live here,but may have done in the past,before it got too much for them,or something went wrong,but i agree with some of your sentiment,however one must expect a certain amount of criticism as there are many things here that can infuriate one as much as delight.

The choice is yours to be selective about which posts and posters that you choose to read. But I do see your point in so much as some posts topics tend to become forgotten as posters sometimes lose the plot with each other. Anyway keep posting your opinions because without the posts the forums die a slow death. I enjoy TV and try not to take sledging too personal, though I do occasionally feel the hackles rise, as I'm sure all posters do.