Thailand 'more than ready for AEC'

Lite Beer

Thailand 'more than ready for AEC'
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday denied reports that the political and security situations in Thailand were a drag on the Kingdom's moves to join the Asean Economic Community.

In fact, Prayut said, each and every neighbouring country had confidence in Thailand, and the Kingdom was better prepared than other members of the grouping for the AEC.

"Other countries do not consider Thailand as lagging behind. They are pleased with all the progress that has been achieved and I believe Thailand is ready to enter the AEC. We are more ready than others," he said.

He added that he had received positive feedback from other countries' leaders in his visits overseas, on issues such as security. He said this was in contrast to some Thais being overly critical of his administration.

He said a lot of progress had been made in the country's preparation for the AEC, as he pointed to both long- and short-term strategies his government had come up with from now until 2025.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Thailand-more-than-ready-for-AEC-30259706.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-09

Thais are very ready for AEC. Thais are speaking English now very well, human trafficking and racketeering has been all but eliminated, transparency is pervasive, corruption has been eliminated as we can see by the number of Thai Mr. Big men busts and convictions.

Grand proclamations as per usual. The big dogs @ the top thought "sh*t we've done f*** all for this AEC malarkey so far, such a massive ball ache. We'd best just tell the masses what they want to hear. Everything will be absolutely fine anyway, we can always cite misunderstandings when it all goes tits up and fire (transfer/reshuffle) a scapegoat"...

Watch. This. Space. 31/12/2015 - panic, excuses, extension.

Saying something is so, doesn't make it so. Not one single Thai businessman I've spoken to thinks Thailand is even close to being ready for AEC.

But, all the school kids have memorised the other nations flags.

I thought only democratic elected Governments were only allowed in ASEAN , how silly of me, I forgot China , Vietnam, Lao, and Cambodia are all run by despots and Burma and Indon sort of elected governments, a mob of toss pots in Malaysia ( 45 years in Government say's something) Singapore being the only od man out and not one of these countries would be fluent in Thai, strange that. Prepared my arse. coffee1.gif

Dear leader has no clue whether Thailand is ready for AEC. Without AEC their rubber/rice isn't competitive. Labor costs are higher than its neighbors. Infrastructure is overstretched. Nothing has been done to prevent flooding of manufacturing in Rayon other than move new factories up country.,

Thais are very ready for AEC. Thais are speaking English now very well, human trafficking and racketeering has been all but eliminated, transparency is pervasive, corruption has been eliminated as we can see by the number of Thai Mr. Big men busts and convictions.

They even have their second junta govt in the space of 7 years. All shipshape and Bristol fashion just for the AEC. Coz when it comes to politics and business, everyone loves and army general.

Just look at Burma....

AEC doesn't officially start to 31 Dec 2015....Thailand has plenty of time left to get fully prepared. I'm trying to think like a Thai right now.

Generalissimo will order it so. Using article 44 and a couple of committees everything will be done in 37 days. (Jing jing)

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

There will also be elections in 2016.