Xarelto

roger101

I am taking Xarelto (20mg) for Atrial Fibrillation. It costs just under 6,000 Baht for a months supply (from Fascino). Does any body know of a cheaper supplier. I looked online but the cheapest suppliers dont deliver to Thailand (or at least the ones I found). By the way I'm in Pattaya.

Xareltoban is the only brand of this available (it is a new drug still under patent) and it is a very expensive import. You are not likely to get it for much less than Fascino charges anywhere.

Most patients with AF still take warfarin, which is dirt cheap and available in many locally made brands, but does require regular blood testing. Even with the testing, will still be vastly less expensive. Suggest you talk to your doctor and tell him this is simply too expensive for you and ask about switching to warfarin or other less expensive anticoagulant.

• 2 years later...

A friend who's boyfriend is taking Xeralto asked me to check around Bangkok for it a few months ago.  The cheapest I could find was B5600 at a pharmacy in Klong Tan (near Rhamkhamheng Airport Rail Link station)

That particular pharmacy is known as being among the cheapest in Bangkok.

Archived