flat rent termination

Hi, I just want to ask if anyone has advice re walking out on flat before paying month ahead. 7 days ago really noisy neigbours moved in. I am not on any formla lease, but I gave 2 months deposit to the landlord 8 months ago. My worry is if I inform them I want out, they will request payment of all of May's rent when due to new neigbours arriving, I can't get much sleep and am really reluctant to pay May's rent and be stuck here. If I walk, and the landlord has my passport bio page, what are the usual consequences. I am not leaving the country. Would landlord be able to get cops officials/cops involved or would they accept they keep 2 months deposit so didn't lose out. I don't really want to walk and be sneaky but don't trust them much either and worry I get stuck with a sleepless May here.. What would you do? Thanks for any info

If you do not have a written contract then it is very uncertain what will happen next. A "standard" contract is for 6 months, so you have passed that hurdle. A "standard" contract also states that you have to give 1 months notice to the Landlord. If you don't, you are likely to lose your deposit.

If you leave the room in good condition then I seriously doubt the landlord will take any further action. After all, without a contract they have nothing to enforce.

If you do not have a written contract then it is very uncertain what will happen next. A "standard" contract is for 6 months, so you have passed that hurdle. A "standard" contract also states that you have to give 1 months notice to the Landlord. If you don't, you are likely to lose your deposit.

If you leave the room in good condition then I seriously doubt the landlord will take any further action. After all, without a contract they have nothing to enforce.

thanks for your reply. I am still deciding on it

Archived