Tourism Ministry Plans Nationwide Toilet-Cleaning Day

Lite Beer

Tourism Ministry Plans Nationwide Toilet-Cleaning Day

By Khaosod Eng.

BANGKOK — Thailand’s Minister of Sports and Tourism says that cleaning public restrooms in major transport hubs across the country is a top priority for the agency this year.

Officials will hold a nationwide cleaning of restrooms in bus terminals, train stations, and ferry ports on 4 July, said Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul. The ceremony, titled "Big Cleaning Day," will be jointly overseen by the Ministry of Sports and Tourism and Ministry of Public Health.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1431172892

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only in Thailand!!

Cleaning toilets becomes an official campaign.................clap2.gif

Overseen by no less than the honorable Minister of Tourism Mrs "wristband" Kobkarn!!

Walt Disney would be proud!!

They should take a leaf out of bowling alley toilet management plans.

The bowling alley in Central Plaza in Khon Kaen has a check sheet that the cleaners have to sign every hour to say they have cleaned the toilets and this system works.

The toilets are spotless. I would feel more comfortable eating in there than the food court at Central Plaza.

The bowling alley in Central Plaza in Khon Kaen has a check sheet that the cleaners have to sign every hour to say they have cleaned the toilets and this system works.

The toilets are spotless. I would feel more comfortable eating in there than the food court at Central Plaza.

This particular cleaner signed the sheet but forgot...............................

post-218648-0-48448100-1431184889_thumb.

So does every Tesco Lotus and Homepro and every large mall toilet in Thailand. I'm old so I use a lot of toilets. biggrin.png

So does every Tesco Lotus and Homepro and every large mall toilet in Thailand. I'm old so I use a lot of toilets. biggrin.png

I'm young so don't use a lot of toilets!

I only use them when bowling as with me and my wife being avid bowlers may spend 4 or 5 hours there and in that time I may drink 12 to 15 Singha's.

So if anyone wants to stalk me then they know where to find me!! Eating in the toilets at the bowling alley!! 555

I begin to love General Prayut and his Army comrades. They are tackling the real ploblems, are set to improve the image of Thailand. A national cleaning day will leave an educational impact with most folks. A step into the right direction. All the green, yellow, blue and red clowns of the former governments have never come up with any of these necessities. Now a Fuehrer tells them on how to behave in a proper manner, and does not even try to hide evidence in the mass murder graves found in the south . . . it's a first, and it's the right way to act.

Last thing is I want to whitewash a coup, but for the sake of this country, it feels good some of the old look-away politics get flushed down the toilets.

More of this Mr General, well aimed. I salute with a loaded bum gun. No pun intended and no joking. Welcome in the Land of the happy orderly

Edited by crazygreg44

how about 'a get thais to use a toilet and not urinate and cr*p in the street day'?

(yes, there is a TOT box near my place that thais squat behind to take a cr*p. bizarrely there is a public toilet 100 meters away and another one 300 meters away...)

how about 'a get thais to use a toilet and not urinate and cr*p in the street day'?

(yes, there is a TOT box near my place that thais squat behind to take a cr*p. bizarrely there is a public toilet 100 meters away and another one 300 meters away...)

maybe we should send the high school brigades out for a survey on this matter

No.1 multi choice: Have you ever preffered a public toilet against fertilizing trees and bushes?

A) the public crapper was a mess

B) the farmer paid me 3 Baht for peeing in his orchard

C) i paid 3 Baht for using a shithole and didn't find any soap for washing my hands

Calendar check. Nope April 1st is long gone...... I think it is time for bring back

the famous happy toilet boy, Chalerm's son. Have not hear a peep from Chalerm,

his family is probably in hiding overseas in Denmark his favorite place to

ride out corruption storms in Thailand.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Unfortunately asking a Thai to walk a 100 meters more than they need to is a big ask and as for 300 !

Only in Thailand!!

Cleaning toilets becomes an official campaign.................clap2.gif

Overseen by no less than the honorable Minister of Tourism Mrs "wristband" Kobkarn!!

Walt Disney would be proud!!

Will this go on the small list of things to be considered once a year as with New Year and Songkran road ' safety ' ?

Wife went to use the toilet last night at Royal Garden Mall by Sizzler (after dinner). Large contingent of Chinese milling about and she exited said it was too disgusting and would wait until we got home.

Part of me thinks the toilets in the tourists area are nastier* because of the recent demographic visiting in large numbers and therefore it's needed because Thais are more hygienic than Chinese.

However, part of me thinks this isn't ridiculous because there are so many other things that resources could be used for like getting people to recycle or teaching people to wash their hands to prevent the spread of Hepatitis A.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So does every Tesco Lotus and Homepro and every large mall toilet in Thailand. I'm old so I use a lot of toilets. alt=biggrin.png>

I only use them when bowling as with me and my wife being avid bowlers may spend 4 or 5 hours there and in that time I may drink 12 to 15 Singha's.

So if anyone wants to stalk me then they know where to find me!! Eating in the toilets at the bowling alley!! 555

UP the Dockers,cheesy.gif

Talk about giving someone the shits , that's the type of thinking that will hold Thailand in good stead with ASEAN , although in some ASEAN countries you can clean the dunny all day and still it wouldn't meet the hygiene standards of New York, however those who work in this industry will have their ar!l!e hangin out to keep up with TAT's hygiene requirements.cheesy.gif

Edited by chainarong

Introduce a building code while you're at it. For the 99.999% of the population who don't have contortionist skills, the 10cm between your arse and the wall when trying to use the ancient method of cleaning with a water cup ain't enough.

I've purposefully kept my request simple, I know sit-down toilets and bum guns are the stuff of sci-fi in here.

I would say your stalkers are so worn out stalking you on the forum they would not have the energy to follow you around a KK bowling alley. whistling.gif

They have had something like this in the past and I do not see a difference. Most Thai style toilets are simply dirty . I have seen some clean western style toilets at some shopping malls and other hi traffic areas a little cleaner.

Most Thais don't get it . If they have a clean toilet in their business this is something people remember and its leaves a positive impression with them. Does not matter if they are Thai or Farang.

A national holiday is what is needed here special Shi* house cleansing day. Make merit in the morning then straight into the public convenience with the bleach and scrubbing brush and help honourable Minister of Tourism Mrs "wristband" Kobkarn!! Get things cleaned up in Thailand.