Hot water kettle with pump lid stopped pumping water out - arrggh!

mattk1

Hey guys,

My hot water making kettle thing (what do you call 'em?) has suddenly stopped dispensing water when I press the lid pump.

I can hear it trying to pump but it's just not happening, and yes there is water in it biggrin.png

4jx6ja.jpg

Any ideas how I can fix it? I'm broke at the moment so buying new one is last on my list facepalm.gif

Cheers for any tips!

Dry Mama noodles laced with the oily chilli paste it comes with, makes a nice, crispy snack.

Edit: Do not eat more than 3 packs in one sitting; noodles will macerate/swell up and can cause stomach rupture.

Edited by Chonburiram

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Seal between lid and kettle probably worn/dirty. Try cleaning it gently.

Temp. hold the lid down with other hand while you press the pump.

Then buy a new one smile.png

Hi dogleg, good shout just tried that but no joy, holding down the lid at the same time didn't help either unfortunately facepalm.gif

Dry Mama noodles laced with the oily chilli paste it comes with, makes a nice, crispy snack.
Edit: Do not eat more than 3 packs in one sitting; noodles will macerate/swell up and can cause stomach rupture.

Btw, mama bought at 7 are the mercedes under the instant noodles, you aren't really broke, aren't you?

Ha ha love that one Chonburiram! laugh.png

I live off those mama noodles, however if I cut back on them I might be able to afford a new hot water making kettle thing thumbsup.gif

Any ideas how I can fix it? I'm broke at the moment---OP

Seriously , I am not trying to make light of your situation, but an upmarket multi purpose one at Lazada is just over $6

how about a whip around.........wub.png

• kando-sc-100-electric-kettle-1145-319258 kando-sc-100-electric-kettle-1146-319258 kando-sc-100-electric-kettle-1147-319258 kando-sc-100-electric-kettle-1148-319258 kando-sc-100-electric-kettle-1149-319258
kando-sc-100-electric-kettle-1145-319258

If cleaning the seal round the lid did not work try dismantling the lid and clean the flappy plastic valve thing that acts as a non return air valve inside the lid.

When ours failed it was the large rubber pump membrane that had ruptured. Not much chance of repair if that is it.

You still could use the boiling feature of your kettle, after reaching boiling point carefully open the lid avoid contact with hot steam, then take a small cup and carefully scoop hot water in your bowl. But I think you figured that out already...

You still could use the boiling feature of your kettle, after reaching boiling point carefully open the lid avoid contact with hot steam, then take a small cup and carefully scoop hot water in your bowl. But I think you figured that out already...

....or put your teabag in the kettle and use a straw!