I want to extend my stay

Apologies if this has been covered many times already.

I have an Aussie passport and of retirement age.

I have a 30 day entry stamp due to expire on 31st May.

I want to extend my stay for another 30 days.

What would be the easiest way to achieve this?

I'm prepared to fly out and back again if needed.

I will be in Udon Thani around this time if that helps ..

You can apply for a 30 day extension of your 30 day entry at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

If in Udon Thani you can apply for it there if you have a local address to put on the application form. The address of a hotel would be accepted.

As Joe said the cost is correct you get the 30days but it may take half a day if they are busy

When the OP is in Udon Thani uses that Immigration, I advise him to go there afternoon at 2 or 2:30 PM waited never long there, at these times.

Anyway, waited there never longer than an hour since that office exists.

BUT, I try to avoid a visit after a long holiday period, same some days ago and I never go early morning, when all go there. rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Like 1

as stated..............just present yourself , your passport, a photo, and the money ( 1900B) at Udon immigration office. You will need to fill in a form ( not sue of form #) but it can be found in plastic file trays on right after you enter the building. REMEMBER to get a queue number ( green tag I think from memory ) also on this table.

Also as stated , early afternoon is a good time as many go " first thing " which just makes that time busy. Be aware of any public holidays and avoid the first day after it.

I have NEVER taken more than 90 mins at udon immigration office and that includes my recent extension of "permission to stay".

BUT BE AWARE .................... Udon Immigration is notorious for "asking" for "donations" for "extra" services.

Can someone who's recently done it comment on getting the 30day extension (on a 30d Visa Exempt entry) at Chaeng Wattana? Best way to get there (do taxi drivers know it)? (What I've seen so far suggests taking the BTS to Mo Chit, and then a taxi from there, hopefully all the way to the end of CW Rd where the Imm. Office is actually located. Or just a taxi from Sukhumvit for about 200B.) Best time of day/day of week? Regarding photos - I understand they have to have been taken within the past x months - if you present photos, how in the world do they know how old they might be?? (IOW - is there something else besides the photos themselves you have to present to prove their "recentness"?). I also know about the lunch hour from 12:00-13:00. Any other tips/gotchas ?

'Expect to be doing this the 2nd week of June. Am not aware of any other holidays in that timeframe except Visakha Bucha on the 1st, but are there?

Edited by hawker9000

Can someone who's recently done it comment on getting the 30day extension (on a 30d Visa Exempt entry) at Chaeng Wattana? Best way to get there (do taxi drivers know it)? (What I've seen so far suggests taking the BTS to Mo Chit, and then a taxi from there, hopefully all the way to the end of CW Rd where the Imm. Office is actually located. Or just a taxi from Sukhumvit for about 200B.) Best time of day/day of week? Regarding photos - I understand they have to have been taken within the past x months - if you present photos, how in the world do they know how old they might be?? (IOW - is there something else besides the photos themselves you have to present to prove their "recentness"?). I also know about the lunch hour from 12:00-13:00. Any other tips/gotchas ?

'Expect to be doing this the 2nd week of June. Am not aware of any other holidays in that timeframe except Visakha Bucha on the 1st, but are there?

This gives a map and several option, including mini vans: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

Map for location and info on getting there is here: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

Best to go Tuesday to Thursday. Some people say going there late afternoon is best. But not later than 3PM.

You will need one 4cm X 6cm photo to attach to the TM7 application form. Download and print 2 sided. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

They are not that picky on the photos age. I have used them that were about a year old without any questions.

Only the 1st of June is a holiday. See: Public Holidays 2015

Map for location and info on getting there is here: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

Best to go Tuesday to Thursday. Some people say going there late afternoon is best. But not later than 3PM.

You will need one 4cm X 6cm photo to attach to the TM7 application form. Download and print 2 sided. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

They are not that picky on the photos age. I have used them that were about a year old without any questions.

Thanks! (To you, too, Mario!) But I'm guessing that form needs to be printed on A7, right? Hmmm. Maybe I can print it on legal and then trim it down.

Thanks! (To you, too, Mario!) But I'm guessing that form needs to be printed on A7, right? Hmmm. Maybe I can print it on legal and then trim it down.

...or maybe it doesn't matter ... tongue.png

You print it on standard A4 paper.

...which, unfortunately, is pretty hard to find in the States and slightly longer and narrower than standard Letter-size that is found here. Oh well, I'll try, and see if they make me do it over. ('Noticed my passport photos are 5x5 - easily trimmed to 4x5 - instead of 4x6, so I may need to get photos anyway.)