Transfer of motorbike ..

joeuk1

I am buying a motorbike secondhand in Bkk it has bkk number plate green book transfer paperwork . I am bringing the bike back to isaan , do i have to make the transfer in Bkk or can i do it in isaan ?

The bike has a Bkk number plate will the bike always keep a bkk plate or will that change to my province when i do the transfer .

Thanx in advance for replys .

I do not want to keep bkk number plate .

If i do the transfer in isaan will they give new plate for the bike ?

Any idea of cost or how long it takes from start to finish ?

Thanx in advance .

my wife changed a south registered bike at Rayong office to local plate, less than 1000baht, we did two visits one to change name etc, and then another a few days later to check bike and get new number. you will need two forms completed and signed, with copies of last owners id card, or I believe if non Thai, passport, address certificate, work permit and visa,

I transferred an Issan reg'd bike to the south, just last week.

Cost me around 1300B, and you can't do an inter-provincial transfer in every DLT, only the one in the regional capital.

An example of the costs involved

100B - Change your name

1000B - Bike check ( mines a 650cc, maybe extra charge ) - the charge was just to check the VIN and frame number.

100B - new plate

20B - to transfer the tax disc ( and issue a new one to go with your new plate )

25B - English translation to enter Malaysia.

There is also some times when you need to buy stamps for 30B and some other 15-20B charges that receipts weren't issued for.

There is also a possibility that if its approaching a time when the por-a-bor insurance and road tax is up for renewal, the DLT have the right to insist you do everything in one hit before changing the book, the cost is calculated pro-rata, so you don't lose anything, but its just another un-expected cost that jumps out at you - I forget how much now - around 500B for tax and compulsary insurance.

I was confused. I went in the morning with my papers from immigration and begun the process, and they sent me away after lunch, to come back a week later - a week later I returned, they checked the bike, printed my page in the book while I waited, made the plate in an hour - I'm unsure why it couldn't have been done in one day. I will also add, I did it all on my own without the wife, ( so its pretty easy ) its just a matter of standing in a queue, standing at a counter, moving between counters when directed, signing different pages.

To move bike within the province took a morning.

Edited by recom273