Accommodation advice

dageshi

Hello Ladies and Gents, I'm hoping to find some phuket locals to give me some advice. I backpacked through Thailand and surrounding countries in 2008 but I never visited phuket or the west coast of Thailand at the time, this time I'll be visiting for a month and a couple of friends who're in the region are going to be joining me for about a week in Phuket. Previously I'd have just turned up and found somewhere to stay, but with three of us I'm wondering about booking in advance for just that week.

I was potentially looking for something with 2 bedrooms, I've been checking out airbnb and there look like plenty of options, what I'd like to know is how easy is it to just turn up and find somewhere like that (2 bedrooms apartment/villa/beach hut type deal) in the second week of July. Any advice welcome, preferably under £40 per night if that's feasible.

IMHO this low season is looking to be lower than usual (with possible exception of Chinese market), so it should be no problem to find decent accommodation in various places around the island either before or after arriving (though keep in mind Phuket isn't super cheap nowadays, even for so-so places). Have fun!

Thanks for your replies, I need to discuss with my friends but it seems likely somewhere down on the south/south west coast? I guess Kamala/Kata that area? This is partly why I'm thinking of waiting till I get there until I book, want to check these places out first. Sounds as if that shouldn't be too difficult if things are quiet.

Right at the end of Karon Beach is a place called Kata Villas. Low season rates 600thb, but it's real low this year so I'll bet turning up with three you can get them down to 500thb a night. Great location, walking distance to Kata and right across from Karon beach.

If not great swimmers do be careful of Karon beach surf that time of year.

Thanks for your replies, I need to discuss with my friends but it seems likely somewhere down on the south/south west coast? I guess Kamala/Kata that area? This is partly why I'm thinking of waiting till I get there until I book, want to check these places out first. Sounds as if that shouldn't be too difficult if things are quiet.

Kamala/Kata area would be good. They both have a beach with bars/restaurants/shops as part of the resort. If you are going to sort out your accommodation while you are there then the Kata area might be better as it is quite close to Karon..So if you don't see anything you like in Kata only a short distance to Karon. Both have nice beaches.