18 injured in Japanese Tour Bus road accident in East Pattaya

webfact

18 injured in Japanese Tour Bus road accident in East Pattaya

h36-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Sunday afternoon, Police and medics were called to Highway 36 in East Pattaya to deal with a single-vehicle road accident involving a tour bus carrying foreign tourists.

The scene of the accident was on the Pattaya-bound carriageway of Highway 36 in the Pong area. The bus was being driven by Khun Kajonsuk aged 43, who was transporting a group of Japanese tourists from Koh Samet in Rayong Province to Nong Nooch Gardens.

Police interviewed the slightly-injured driver who claimed that he attempted to apply his brakes in a normal manner but due to the poor road conditions caused by a heavy period of rainfall, he slid off the road into a ditch which caused the bus to flip onto its side.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/192394/18-injured-in-japanese-tour-bus-road-accident-in-east-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-05-11

And another public service driver over-estimating his driving ability.

For the coach to slide off the road while applying the brakes, the driver must have been driving through a curve or bend. Not very sensible.

No injuries to the 18 Japanese with the coach overturning ? Unlikely.

Who might take responsibility for this accident ?

I read 5 or 6 incidents a week with coaches or mini-buses overturning. Surely this is not good for tourism. Yet is not addressed in a meaningful way. Why ?

Something doesn't make sense. If coming from Samet, I'm not sure I'd use 36 for their destination. And definitely wouldn't be near Pong. Anyway, 36 is a very straight highway. Probably going too fast, trying to pass, etc. Just lost control. It's very crowded with lots of crazy drivers. I hate that highway.

For the coach to slide off the road while applying the brakes, the driver must have been driving through a curve or bend. Not very sensible.

I read 5 or 6 incidents a week with coaches or mini-buses overturning. Surely this is not good for tourism. Yet is not addressed in a meaningful way. Why ?

the driver didnt over-estimate his driving ability, he overestimated the ability of the bus

I would have to guess that "applying the brakes in a normal manner" does not work well when " poor road conditions" exist. What the driver was really saying was that he was going way too fast for the conditions and lost control, it just sounds way better to him to say he was just driving normally and the road was at fault.

quite every day have accident with bus , minivan with injured and die peoples . but never the fault of the drivers . and everybody find that normal . but when a video is post on internet where you can see 2 super sport cars friving quick ( but take the toll higway late in the night to be sure that it ll be quite no cars ) peoples post very agressive comments and said that the drivers must go to jail with the confiscation of the cars ( but they injured or kill nobody ) . funny to see so many redresser of wrong , who never do something wrong of course and always respect the laws at 100% ....

the driver didnt over-estimate his driving ability, he overestimated the ability of the bus

Which imbecile gave the bus the job of being a bus then?

'' a bad workman blames his tools''

Thai drivers expand on that and blame the weather conditions, the state of the road, the sun going down unexpectedly..... anything but themselves.

All the usual words - brakes, road conditions and heavy rain.

Any chance, or no chance, he was driving to suit the conditions ?

Not exactly usual words.

Usually there is no statement as the bus driver has run away.

Something doesn't make sense. If coming from Samet, I'm not sure I'd use 36 for their destination. And definitely wouldn't be near Pong. Anyway, 36 is a very straight highway. Probably going too fast, trying to pass, etc. Just lost control. It's very crowded with lots of crazy drivers. I hate that highway.

That surprises me..... if you take HWY 36, you can't avoid Pong district as it straddles it. Wat Pong is about 400m from the Rt36/3240 junction!

Although if he really was heading to Nong Nooch, he missed the turnoff!

Aha, perhaps it was Huai Pong??

Edited by jacko45k

17 Chinese tourists injured in bus crash

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- A chartered bus taking 17 Chinese tourists from Koh Samet to Nongnuch Garden in Pattaya overturned injuring them Sunday afternoon, police said.

Pol Lt Nawapol Benchamas, an officer on duty of Pattaya police station, was informed of the accident at 2 pm Sunday. He was told that a bus overturned and crashed into a roadside of the Pattaya-bound Krathing Lai-Rayong Road in Moo 10 village in Tambon Pong of Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district.

Police and rescuers from the Sawang Buribun Thammasathan Pattaya Foundation rushed to the scene and they found a small white bus of TWB Co with Bangkok license plate overturned on the left roadside.

They found eight Chinese men and nine Chinese woman injured along with a Thai driver. Most of them suffered bruises while three women were severely injured at their back and neck.

The rescuers provided them first-aid treatment and rushed them to the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

The driver, Kachornsak Puangprakhone, 43, said he was driving the tourists from Koh Samet in Rayong to the Nongnuch Garden in Pattaya and when he arrived at the scene, it rained heavily, making it hard for him to see the road ahead.

As a result, he tried to step on the brake to slow down the bus but the road was slippery, causing the bus to spin before it overturned and fell to the roadside.

Kachornsak said he led all the tourists to leave the bus through broken windows and called police for help.

Police blamed the heavy rains and the slippery road for the accident.

tvn.png
-- 2015-05-11

17 Chinese tourists injured in bus crash

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- A chartered bus taking 17 Chinese tourists from Koh Samet to Nongnuch Garden in Pattaya overturned injuring them Sunday afternoon, police said.

Pol Lt Nawapol Benchamas, an officer on duty of Pattaya police station, was informed of the accident at 2 pm Sunday. He was told that a bus overturned and crashed into a roadside of the Pattaya-bound Krathing Lai-Rayong Road in Moo 10 village in Tambon Pong of Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district.

Police and rescuers from the Sawang Buribun Thammasathan Pattaya Foundation rushed to the scene and they found a small white bus of TWB Co with Bangkok license plate overturned on the left roadside.

They found eight Chinese men and nine Chinese woman injured along with a Thai driver. Most of them suffered bruises while three women were severely injured at their back and neck.

The rescuers provided them first-aid treatment and rushed them to the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

The driver, Kachornsak Puangprakhone, 43, said he was driving the tourists from Koh Samet in Rayong to the Nongnuch Garden in Pattaya and when he arrived at the scene, it rained heavily, making it hard for him to see the road ahead.

As a result, he tried to step on the brake to slow down the bus but the road was slippery, causing the bus to spin before it overturned and fell to the roadside.

Kachornsak said he led all the tourists to leave the bus through broken windows and called police for help.

Police blamed the heavy rains and the slippery road for the accident.

tvn.png

-- 2015-05-11

I Blame ,Stupid, ,Selfish idiotic, Thai drivers in charge of peoples lives.

We will see much more of this type of thing, due to the increase in busses around town now days.

So, were the tourists Japanese or Chinese?

........As a result, he tried to step on the brake........

So what stopped him from stepping on the brake?

Every newspaper report that we read is full of discrepancies either from sloppy reporting, editing or translation.

I would think the Van tour bus owners would get tired of having their vehicles wrecked. Obviously the one have have ridden in are also getting terrible gas mileage with the way they are driven, high speeds on and off the brakes, accelerating. I guess you have to wreck a few before insurance rates go up?

"Police blamed the heavy rains and the slippery road for the accident."

Of course they do! They wouldn't even dream of blaming a Thai driver who is under trained, under qualified, and probably "under the influence" It just had to be rain and roads, or evil spirits doing it.

I have read 2 versions of this particular case which one is the correct version Chinese or Japanese casualties ? driver states wet road conditions and poor visibility heavy rain causes adverse camber conditions or possibly bad driving?

"Police blamed the heavy rains and the slippery road for the accident."

Of course they do! They wouldn't even dream of blaming a Thai driver who is under trained, under qualified, and probably "under the influence" It just had to be rain and roads, or evil spirits doing it.

Top marks man, wai2.gif never thought of the evil sprits.

Maybe they could give there busses nick names to confuse the evil sprits and remain safe on the roads. smile.png

All the usual words - brakes, road conditions and heavy rain.

Any chance, or no chance, he was driving to suit the conditions ?

Not exactly usual words.

Usually there is no statement as the bus driver has run away.

Never read reports where the BIB say exactly the same yet the driver is long gone ?