Photoshopped Images of Thailand

To me it's just computer enhanced nothing.Photography is as Dance,S.J.and most of us post here.WHAT WE SEE ,not dreams.

Photoshop is not just a tool making dreams or playing around with images as below. Its a tool that no serious Photographer would be without, from making corrections to WB, blending exposures, removing distractions from compositions.

To me it's just computer enhanced nothing.Photography is as Dance,S.J.and most of us post here.WHAT WE SEE ,not dreams.

The title is "PHOTOSHOPPED" images of Thailand. (23 skidoo, and don't like none of that new fangled "BOOGIE WOOGIE)

Apologies for my post not being a Thai elated one,but it is a nice story and thought I would share it with you.

I have been a member of a Facebook amateur photography group for sometime now,and every now and then people post images

that they need some help in editing or salvaging.A couple of months back I was looking through that group to see what had been posted,

when I came across a post from someone asking for help.The help they needed was for someone to try and edit a photo of an old photo

taken by all things a mobile phone,the posting member said that it was very important and need help quickly because she wanted to use

that photo to make a print on some material.

I thought to myself,that will be a tough one to bring back to respectability but figured someone would come along with the right skills and

help this lady out.I did make a post saying that I would give it a go if no one else offered......didn't think anymore of it,just took it for granted

that someone would help.A couple of hours later I received a PM from that lady asking me if my offer still stood...to which I replied,of course!

So,I downloaded it and tried everything I could think of to bring the old image back to some sought of life again,and then sent it on to the lady.

She sent me a message saying how wonderful it was and that she was ever so thankful that I had come to her aid. I was pleased that I could of

been some kind of help to someone and didn't think anymore of it.That was until last night when I received another PM from the same lady.

"Hi Shaggy, sorry! It all got too hectic & I didn't find time to take a photo ... but it looked just like the photo you edited for me! It was amazing!

like printing on paper. & the bride showed it to everyone so happy to have a photo of her mum in her pocket for her wedding day. Thank you

again for your help editing it & making it look so fantastic! We did have a tearful moment when I gave it to her. There just weren't any words!

HUGE HUGE Thank you to you! xxx "

I had a quick chat with her and said how happy I was to be of some help to them,more so now that I knew it was a photo of the Brides Mother,

who had passed away some years previously,put a lump in my throat,just reading her message,and realizing how important my effort had

been.

11295562_10153313929888711_5564338452055

Isn't it wonderful, the small things that we do in this world can sometimes mean so much to some people.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived