Photoshopped Images of Thailand

Ok I cave , so what is this limage thread all about ?

Is there rules , subjects , complexities , formats , settings , parameters ?

Just asking ....

It was a spelling error, in the subject box..... which only a mod can change once posted .... I am sure it was supposed to say Photo shopped Images...

Good idea for a thread.... although I've tried PS a few times over the years and never mastered it...wacko.png so I won't be able to contribute sad.png

Shaggy will be on correction .... I'm sure! whistling.gif

Thanks for sorting that Tywais.

Am assuming that the idea of this thread is to show your own Photoshop editing work!

This could be a really interesting topic,but please make the edited photos your own and maybe share with us your techniques.

yes . . . interesting idea for a thread. Most photographers employ to some degree elements of PhotoShop (or similar programs) with virtually every image they take . . . i know i do.

So for those members that 'are lost', i think the OP is referring to more stylized artistic creations made up of images he/her has shot.

17337088339_ae54bff327_z.jpg

This is the Big Buddha beside the Mekong at the Golden Triangle, the sky is a reflection in

the rippled waters of Huay Tung Tao Chiang Mai, which has then been inverted. Both images

then merged & a few effects added to create a type of poster. Did this one a few years ago.

Hi AoP,

The simple answer to your question is, it depends. What I mean is, it depends on the purpose and intent of the images creator. If the intent is documentary then manipulating the image would be considered inappropriate. However, if the intent of the creator is to present an image that expressed a mood, an idea, a concept, an emotion then the creator of that image should have the freedom to present it in a way that best conveys his/her message. Is it 'wrong' to use photographic tools to help in conveying this message? In my mind it is not. If the creator then suggests that the image is an accurate depiction of reality then I would be not be so accepting. But many photographers are artists and not purely documentarians. Shouldn't they be given the latitude to portray their 'work' with the freedom that painters and sculptors do? Why not! If I look at a painting, I do not believe that the image I see is a 100% accurate representation of some scene or object that the artist was observing. I believe that the artist used his artistic talents to portray the essence of what he/she felt or wanted others to feel and that this expression included what we call 'artistic license'. I think we also need to have this same expectation when we view photographs that are not narrative or documentary images. Keep in mind that images you see in National Geo for instance are considered documentary and as such Nat Geo does not permit its photographers to manipulate images. But 'fine art' photographers often process (some would read 'manipulate') their images to achieve their vision for any particular image.

So, all I can suggest is that you understand what the purpose of the image is (documentary or art or whatever) and then, in that context, commend or condemn.

Good Morning All

The purpose of creating a Forum: "Photoshoped Images" was to allow people to display their talents and images that have been altered with the use of Photoshop or similar software without the negative or suspecting comments from viewers who feel that for some reason its not a real photograph.
I hope this forum will be used by people who have a creative imagination while using the theme of Thailand as a common thread for their images. I believe that altering a photograph sets an individual apart from the so called photographer by opening their inner vision of the world in a surreal fashion found only in the mind of the artist.
The only condition I stipulate is that the original pic before enhancing is yours and of a Thailand theme.
As a final note the word Photoshoped was misspelled but I think most people get what it means.
If we have enough interest and submissions I would be willing to offer the most like image a special prize!post-195586-0-25686900-1431390952_thumb.

A rather quick, ok not that quick as I forgot how to use masks. biggrin.png Top image consists of 3 photos I took in Thailand. The bottom image is the original scan from a slide taken in Phuket in 1989. As you can see it is pretty dirty from dust.

Blue Moon

17530305200_dfde9c55fe_c.jpg

17531530789_d922746739_c.jpg

What version Photoshop are you folk using?

I took some double exposure shots a couple of weeks ago and would like to have a go blending them together.

Have searched on the net for some good tutorial videos but only could find ones with the newest PS,I'm only

have PS7 and very rarely use it,any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I took some double exposure shots a couple of weeks ago and would like to have a go blending them together.

Have searched on the net for some good tutorial videos but only could find ones with the newest PS,I'm only

have PS7 and very rarely use it,any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Do you mean PS Elements 7? I thought PS6 was the last release before they came out with CC.

Import both layers into Photoshop, select layer mask , change your foreground color to black and paint in the exposure with a soft brush with the opacity to around 30%.

Or use the section tool or luminosity masks to refine the selection for a more precise balanced image.

It is just a manipulation of the original image IMO , there is an artistic license to the owner where they want to take the image to , and how far.

Without photoshop or manipulation there would be a lot of very dull advertising out there , some images are edited very sedately , some more adventurous .

Sure not everyone has to like it , but we all live with adversities , a photo edit surely cannot make life that bad !

Why do you think Yingluck looked so good in her shots ? .... well just my opinion again .

Jpeg edit

DSCF4254%2Bcopy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived