Non Immigrant 'o' Visa Query

Dear all,

A friend of mine is going over to Thailand shortly on a single entry Non Immigrant 'O' visa, with the intention of extending to a year visa based on marriage to a Thai. This is all ok as far as I know, but when I looked at that very same visa I got 8 years ago, down the bottom of the stamp it says "Extension of stay not permitted" This was ok in my case then, as it was only a holiday, but I'm thinking if the visa's issued today have the same declaration, how will my friend go when he arrives in Thailand and tries to get the extension based on marriage? My non-imm O visa was from Melbourne (Oz) as will my friends. Can anyone shed any light on this? Will he have to specify that he will be wanting to do the extension thing upon application?

Cheers and sorry for being so long winded!

Fossil

Dear all,

A friend of mine is going over to Thailand shortly on a single entry Non Immigrant 'O' visa, with the intention of extending to a year visa based on marriage to a Thai. This is all ok as far as I know, but when I looked at that very same visa I got 8 years ago, down the bottom of the stamp it says "Extension of stay not permitted" This was ok in my case then, as it was only a holiday, but I'm thinking if the visa's issued today have the same declaration, how will my friend go when he arrives in Thailand and tries to get the extension based on marriage? My non-imm O visa was from Melbourne (Oz) as will my friends. Can anyone shed any light on this? Will he have to specify that he will be wanting to do the extension thing upon application?

Cheers and sorry for being so long winded!

Fossil

It does not matter. Immigration will still do the extension of stay here in Thailand.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com