"dog friendly apartments"in north Pattaya or Naklua

toenail

My sister plans to visit me for a couple months next year, January- March. (She ususally goes to Florida, USA). She wants to bring her little house dog with her. My apartment building does not allow pets....so, does anyone know of an apartment (studio or one bedroom) she could rent (not more than 18,000 baht) that allows pets? Has to be around the "Dolpin area of Naklua or North Pattaya. Thanks.

Not sure on the accommodation, but I do know all the paperwork and costs involved bringing my dog here permanently. Not sure if I would advise for a couple of months. You might want to check the rules on taking the dog back too, allot of western countries make you put the dog in quarantine for a few months after being in Asia.

If she plans on carrying the dog with her in the cabin, she better check on which airlines flying into Bangkok allow animals in the cabin and/or which have pressurized & heated cargo holds.

She and the dog would probably be better off if she left the dog in a nice pet motel or with relatives, especially for such a short stay.

Think you are going to find it almost impossible to find a decent apartment building that allows dogs.

The only option is probably to find a house- , but for a short term holiday let that would be expensive, especially in Naklus.

I have heard of an airline that would allow pets in the cabin- so the poor dog is going to spend a long time in a cage in the hold.

Is the dog microchipped? I would imagine the rules bringing the dog into Thailand are not so strict- but as pointed out going back home maybe problematic- due to rabies etc.

I would not subject my little dog to all that travel. Even if your sister did find an apartment, dogs need to go out for exercise and a pee.

I am lucky my development has stunning lawns and gardens for the hound to run about in- there are so few open green spaces to excercise a dog. You also have to consider the heat, Soi dogs, ticks etc.

She perhaps needs to find a dog sitter- the idea of whizzing a dog around the world for just a couple of months seems a bit bonkers.

Thanks for the info. I think a "dog friendly" hotel will be the route. She has worked in Asia and the Middle East and has taken her dog to these places. She knows all about the paperwork (permits, stamps, shots...reserving ahead of time space on the place...) and has already contacted a dog owner in Bangkok about the paperwork.

I am looking for a place where she could stay with her dog. She is use to taking long morning walks and evenings walks with her dog so the Beach Road promenade would be perfect for this (except the "ting-tong" smiling motorbike drivers using the promenade as a roadway going the north....)

I think it's very difficult to find a resort place that accept pets , especially dogs.

I would instead be looking for short term rental of a house in one of the villages here. You can rent for under 15000 easily as long as the owner accept short term . The pet owners I know all live in houses.

Edited by balo

Even if you find accommodation what happens when your sister goes out. E.G. no shopping mall in Pattaya allows dogs. That means the dog will have to be left alone in a new home. That could be very traumatic for the mutt.

leave the dog at home. If she pines to have company there are hundreds of ' soi dogs ' that are available and would love her companionship.

she can still take the soi dog for a walk in the morning and evening, feed it, groom it and enjoy.