Angkor Beer, availability in Pattaya?

dannywla

I, for one, would report it's presence straight away if I ever saw it anywhere in Thailand; so far I've not, even in Pattaya - it's the best (non imported) beer I've tasted in S.E. Asia.

I think there must be a ban on the importation of it in the interests of the Thai beer producers. When last in Cambodia some eight years ago I mistakenly thought, 'I must get a case of this when I get back to Thailand'!

Edited by piersbeckett

Why is it then that Beer Laos is readily available?

Really? Where? This was about the only good memory I had of Laos!! Best beer I tasted in my time in SE Asia

Try Katesiree House in Soi Bukhao and also Villa Market.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Really? Where? This was about the only good memory I had of Laos!! Best beer I tasted in my time in SE Asia

7-11 at Pottisarn Market has light and dark Beer Lao

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

7-11 at Pottisarn Market has light and dark Beer Lao

Nearly all 7/11s (even the smaller ones)seem to have it - 56 baht a bottle last time I purchased.

Its not difficult to get if you really want it. On the the Thai side of the boarder they sell it for around 450baht per case. I have bought it many times on return trips from there. Each person is allowed one case as it was explained to me. So what I would do is find a visa run driver to buy it for you as he goes there everyday. I'm sure 100 to 200baht would be enough incentive. My friend has done this for years with a driver getting him cigarettes.

Even better I would take someone who speaks thai to the mini van drivers that go to Poi Pet everyhour from Suk./S. pattaya road.

Edited by marinediscoking

Beer Lao is sold at a few bars: At All and Witherspoon's on Soi Buakhao and at Triangle Bar on Soi Chaiyaphum.

I would love to have Angkor beer. My guess is Cambrew (a Carlsberg company) might not have enough capacity to export Angkor. More likely, Thailand (i.e., the 2 most powerful breweries) doesn't want it.

Beer Lao is sold at a few bars: At All and Witherspoon's on Soi Buakhao and at Triangle Bar on Soi Chaiyaphum.

I would love to have Angkor beer. My guess is Cambrew (a Carlsberg company) might not have enough capacity to export Angkor. More likely, Thailand (i.e., the 2 most powerful breweries) doesn't want it.

Ironically, supermarkets in Cambodia sell trays of LEO cheaper than Angkor!

Beer Lao is the best beer in SE Asia, you will forget about Angkor soon. Makro sell them cheap for 43 baht if you buy a case.

Is that in the big Makro on Suk - and is that 24 bottles? If yes that is just over 1000baht a case.

Edit - is that for the dark as well?

Edited by topt

Yes, I only buy the dark one at Makro. 24 bottles .

yes just seen both types in the smaller Makro in Pattaya Nua.

Dark - 47.3 baht per bottle equiv. 1,135 baht per case

Light 1,080 baht per case.