Victory ! Taxis Will Stand At Airport !

cclub75

It's not a rip off.

It's only the price we have to pay for them to change their minds.

:o

Just to remind that the master plan was : you take a bus to go to the public taxi station, so we can sell on site our limousines at 1500 THB per trip. That was the plan of AOT.

But, of course, normal people can argue that an increase of 100 % of the fee for the same "service" (same system than Don Muang)... well it's a little bit too high.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A standard line would be that a new poster with a nick "Why not?", asking sensible questions is in for a rough life in Thailand.

That's a great idea, btw, pity it's too logical.

From today's BP

To accommodate passengers going to the new airport by taxi, 12 taxi centre operators have agreed to mobilise up to 10,000 taxis to serve them on a daily basis, Gen Chainant said.

But the taxi drivers must undergo training and register with the airport first or they will not be allowed to pick up passengers at the airport.

Isn't it a bit too late to talk about "agreed to mobilise" and "must undergo training"?

What a bunch of whingers.

If anyone can show me a cheaper airport to city regular taxi fare than that which we enjoy in Bangkok, with the route being relatively the same distance, I will be greatly impressed. And we are whinging over a few baht?

Some that I know of and go to regularly:

Sydney - no change from 1000 baht

Melbourne - no change from 1400 baht

London heathrow - dont even think about it

Tokyo - the price of a house in Buriram

Jakarta - about 600 baht if you want to take the risk with those thieves

Manila - 300-400 baht for a trip a third of the distance in non-meter cars

Singapore - 400-500 baht for a trip a third of the distance

Chicago - no change from 1800 baht

New York - no change from 2200 baht

Hong Kong - forget it

Shanghai - same same

Taipei - the price of two houses in Buriram

Ho Chi Minh City - 200-250 baht for a trip shorter than a topped 3 wood

Stop moaning. We have it pretty good, and the quality of cars is getting better, and rip-offs are getting scarcer.

I just want to add Stockholm, Sweden. Last time I was there, 3 years ago, it costed 2600 bath one way to airport with taxi!!!

The mafiosis are everywhere! :o:D:D

And what about Taxis / buses to Pattaya which is now alot closer by?

Not read anything yet about all that or the Fares that will be charged?

The new Airport is further away from Bangkok than Don Muang was and

I can't believe it will only be metered taxis only and with out all those'extra'

tollway fares?

Also from Pattaya to Don Muang a taxi is usually BT.800 - BT.1100 depending

what route you take. From Don Muang to Pattaya the quoted price was BT.1500.

So I am curious what the new charges will be. Also that of the shared minibuses etc

Most of my taxi journeys in central Bangkok come to about 80B (these are not short trips). Thus a 100B surcharge in Thai terms is expensive. Thus if I was an auditor, I would want to know why its so much and where does this money go? Remember the airport is also for Domestic traffic, and most people flying domestic are Thais. Thus they won't be hapy with a 100B surcharge (unless its business expenseable). 100B is too much. The taxi drivers get a long trip anyway, and if they are registered a guarenteed return trip. Long trip plus 100B is expensive for Thais. It makes a domestic flight much more expensive, especially if you compare taking a bus rather than flying?

Could not edit my last entry.

Here is a cheap idea, assuming you have no luggage (domestic trip?): shuttle bus to transportation centre (free), bus to victory monument (35B; should be quick cause you go by expressway to din dang), BTS or taxi (<100B). Assuming BTS, 40B+35B=75B?

Reason I am hunting round in this area of the forum is that my return flight from Sydney has been changed from the 22 Sep to the 29 Sep, so I now get to go through the new airport :o Girlfriend lives near Future Park (Ransit) and there is a bus from there to the new airport, so she wants to come and meet me now she knows I am going to the new airport (she is so enthusiastic being young, and she is too kee neow to take a taxi!).