1 dead 2 injured in early morning drink-related road crash in Central Pattaya

webfact

1 dead 2 injured in early morning drink-related road crash in Central Pattaya

crash-71.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Just before 6am on Tuesday a fatal road crash occurred on Pattaya Third Road, involving a Toyota Vigo pick-up truck and a motorbike, which left one of the motorbike passengers dead and the driver and second passenger with serious injuries.

The crash occurred in front of Soi 9 and led to the arrest of Khun Wisoot aged 35, who works for a well-known drinks company. Police tell us they had a strong suspicion he was intoxicated although no formal tests were performed to confirm this.

He told investigators that he was driving to South Pattaya and admitted to driving at a high rate of speed, which was confirmed by a Motorbike Taxi Driver stationed nearby who witnessed the deadly crash.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/193158/1-dead-2-injured-in-early-morning-drink-related-road-crash-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-05-13

"Police tell us they had a strong suspicion he was intoxicated although no formal tests were performed to confirm this."

What reason can they give that they obviously did not breathalyze or drug test him at the scene accident?

"Police tell us they had a strong suspicion he was intoxicated although no formal tests were performed to confirm this."

What reason can they give that they obviously did not breathalyze or drug test him at the scene accident?

Like the article says, he works for a well known drinks company...

I would suggest the only reason for not giving him a breath test is his medical condition made it impossible or inadvisable however as we all know so many other factors come into play in LoS.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I would suggest the only reason for not giving him a breath test is his medical condition made it impossible or inadvisable however as we all know so many other factors come into play in LoS.

IYeah I know what you mean but n the actual newspaper link there is a picture of a bloke with glasses and I immediately thought it was the car driver , other pictures show the 3 injured being treated , so I cannot think who this other bloke can be. If it him he's standing up.Reports says he was arrested , he didn't go to hospital apparently. So if they though he was intoxicated why not test him. They test people just minding their own business on Motorbikes at road blocks so they should be testing someone who has Just killed and injured 3 people

Edited by ExPratt

On one hand you have a drunk driver speeding and on the other hand you have three people on a bike driving down the road and Perhaps not wearing helmets. The car driver looks to be the main cause but maybe the people on the bike were also drinking and bike running very slow and in the middle of the road and not the side for slower traffic and the death partly caused due to lack of helmet. Everywhere you look at some of these accidents you see things that were not correct and have added to the death of one or more people, drinking, speeding, no helmets, too many on a bike, etc etc .....

But the car was the main fault it appears.

Guess many have missed one of the five ethics in Buddhism, no intoxicants. Reading a book to enlighten myself to better understand Buddhism, in it the author cites an old text describing drunkenness as the delight of fools. Carl Olson is the author of Different Paths to Buddhism: A Narrative-Historical Discussion. Back to reality, I'm sure I'll another story tomorrow, and the next day and on to the next concerning a drunk driving related accident. Be careful out there!