Prayut will stay on if draft charter rejected

webfact

If Suthep took the role of John the Baptist, then the general is the true messiah, bringing a new testament of hope and happiness, how could anything not turn out wonderfully? And just like new testament, besides promise of eternal salvation, there is that stick of eternal fire for unbelievers. And the elite so loved Thailand that they gave them their general to lead them from the wilderness and off a cliff...

"He's not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy..."

Sorry, apologies to Monty Python.

duh...no sh1t...that was hus plan all along...

wake up thailand!!!!

do you think he staged "this" coup just to twiddle hus thumbs for a few months...

you sorry saps are looking at years with this "retired military man turned one man government"...how funny us that?????

and what is worse us that although the rest of the world is laughing as they see through all his bullsh1t....they are laughing even harder at the rest of thailand

how much face can you possibly lose??

ROCK ON!!!

wake up thailand!!!!

do you think he staged "this" coup just to twiddle hus thumbs for a few months...

you sorry saps are looking at years with this "retired military man turned one man government"...how funny us that?????

and what is worse us that although the rest of the world is laughing as they see through all his bullsh1t....they are laughing even harder at the rest of thailand

ROCK ON!!!

No no no, it isn't like that. This coup is different. He is a democratic soldier, he said so himself!

I for one would be glad to see the General stay on for another 2 years. He has done more, for Thailand, since May 2014 than any other PM. IMO Thailand's main problem is corruption and he is tackling it more than it has been before. To change a country takes time and we are beginning to see changes. I hope they continue.

Can anyone name a better PM and list their achievements?

I also hope at the next general election he stands for office then we will really know how popular he is with the Thai people. If I had a vote I would vote for him.

So for you the army is not corrupted?

You know that he staged this coup with Suthep, who is far from being innocent.

TYou also know that the army corruption is one of the biggest, just we don t see it oftenly surfaces as it s the militray.

better PM? you mean one who has worked for the country instead of the elite and the traditional rulers, as well as...above...?

Worse would be difficult to find for sure...

All things take time but it has started

Maybe you could start with listing the achievements, other than removing beach chairs, but I'm afraid it gonna be a very short list.

1. Corruption is the first thing that the general is tackling.The ex head of CBI in prison now and a few others. 3 ex MPs were impeached last week with criminal proceedings to follow.

2. Reclaiming land from forest encroachment is underway.

3. Jet skies from some beaches in Phuket.

4. Overpricing of lottery tickets.

5. A serious effort to stop Human trafficking started this month.

6. Overpricing by private hospitals is being dealt with

That is a short list but I think these efforts are worthy of note there are many more.

Now can you or anyone name a PM that has done more.

So from your list only point 1 was achieved, and we all know that there are other reasons behind that ( which should not be discussed), while all other 5 points are "underway" or have failed so far.

So no achievements so far.

NEXT

But you still can't name a better PM?

By any objective measure Thaksin was a better PM. Elected by the people, 30 baht health scheme (a model for health care reformers worldwide), rapid economic growth in rural areas, etc

Maybe you could start with listing the achievements, other than removing beach chairs, but I'm afraid it gonna be a very short list.

All things take time but it has started

1. Corruption is the first thing that the general is tackling.The ex head of CBI in prison now and a few others. 3 ex MPs were impeached last week with criminal proceedings to follow.

2. Reclaiming land from forest encroachment is underway.

3. Jet skies from some beaches in Phuket.

4. Overpricing of lottery tickets.

5. A serious effort to stop Human trafficking started this month.

6. Overpricing by private hospitals is being dealt with

That is a short list but I think these efforts are worthy of note there are many more.

Now can you or anyone name a PM that has done more.

So from your list only point 1 was achieved, and we all know that there are other reasons behind that ( which should not be discussed), while all other 5 points are "underway" or have failed so far.

So no achievements so far.

NEXT

But you still can't name a better PM?

when a general misappropriates the titles of a democratic structure, then he is not a PM. wink.png

others already pointed out your mistake on point 1 which begs the question if you understand the reality of Thai politics at the moment.

As for reclaiming land, one could point out the military supporting corporations exploiting land like in the case of the Loei ore mines where the military just plain used martial law to stop local opposition to an environmental disaster for the local people.... but hey, that could be called an accomplishment, eh?

wake up thailand!!!!

ROCK ON!!!

No no no, it isn't like that. This coup is different. He is a democratic soldier, he said so himself!

indeed he did... thumbsup.gif

By any objective measure Thaksin was a better PM. Elected by the people, 30 baht health scheme (a model for health care reformers worldwide), rapid economic growth in rural areas, etc

Thaksin was certainly a healthcare pioneer. Even before euthanasia services were being established in Europe, Thaksin was offering his own brand of euthanasia to lots of people, including the lottery-winning couple who were killed just because their sudden wealth made them "seem like drug dealers" during Thaksin's drug war. A war which was and still is a Crime Against Humanity. You would have to lower the bar a long, long way to overlook the human-rights abuses seen under this fellow.

On the current situation, I like the current regime a whole lot more than the last ones, I like the current peace and security, and the efforts being made to tackle important issues. I feel more optimistic than I've felt in years.

Obviously like most people, I also want to see free, fair and peaceful elections at some point in the future. And I hope to see new political leaders emerging, young and intelligent leaders, who want to move beyond factional strife, and who view the cult of political celebrities with the disdain it rightly deserves.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla