Thaivisa.com google.com possibly others connection issues

smedly

working again, something weird going on, now TV is ok and google redirect to co.th,

I suspect people are messing around with content filters

connected now without vpn

also had to change some bookmarks on my phone to get a google search to work changing it to co.uk

Edited by smedly

working again, something weird going on, now TV is ok and google redirect to co.th,

I suspect people are messing around with content filters

connected now without vpn

also had to change some bookmarks on my phone to get a google search to work changing it to co.uk

Thaivisa.com down again - now using vpn again

Smed,

Turn off you VPN connection.

And if it doesn't let you connect to google.

Run CMD and ping 74.125.68.105

That should always get a reply.

Then ping www.google.com

If that doesn't get four clean replies, it's a DNS problem.

For a few days now, TV has been hanging on my iPad - it just sits not moving until I get a notice teling me there's no conection. Doesn't happen with any other website, nor on my PC. (iPad is clean). It's like there's not enough power in the 3BB signal, or something to get it up and over the hill. :)

Smed,

Then ping www.google.com

yes I know all that (network savvy) I use google dns 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4, Thaivisa not responding again without vpn, it works sometimes and so does google, they have an issue

I also have the same problem, 3BB in Chiang Mai. Started last night. Switched from 3BB DNS servers to Google DNS servers and same problem. My Singapore VPN, no issues with incomplete loads or timeouts, quite fast actually. Would appear to be a routing change or maintenance on routers or more redirects to MICT filters.

Then it's not just me! Phew!

This morning, Chiang Mai, 3BB, often get "This page can't be displayed" for Google and then low definition display for Thai Visa when it eventually made a connection.

Tested with other websites, BBC News, Asus, etc., no problems.

Was back to normal until 10 minutes ago, now Google no longer there (!) and Thai Visa taking an age to load a page.

Smed,

Then ping www.google.com

yes I know all that (network savvy) I use google dns 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4, Thaivisa not responding again without vpn, it works sometimes and so does google, they have an issue

Apologies, didn't know you were network savvy, many people aren't.

If your DNS is set to that and TVF still doesn't load then it must be a problem with the 3BB routers that your VPN manages to tunnel through but your direct connection can't, not much you can do about that except leave the VPN on.

TVF has been quite slow for me for the last few days as well, so I suspect that the 3BB routers are experiencing timing out issues with some sites trying to be accessed from inside Thailand, as I expect your VPN goes outside the country, wherever that network is, is not experiencing the same problems, so it will have no problem gathering all the data it needs which it can then pass directly to you.