Family resort near Ubon Ratchathani

Frozen

Anyone knows any resort around Ubon Ratchathani suitable for a weekend trip with the family (kids 2-4 years old)?

I found a recommendation in another thread http://www.castle-howchow.com but it is not that near and probably the kids will not like the salt water there.

For the kids we would need any kind of pool and at least a garden, preferably a sandbox or even a playground.

Is there anything around in the region?

I've not seen anything that extensive in Ubon province (or any of the neighbouring provinces). Not a resort but a relaxing hotel by a pool with interesting stuff to do for a family break? My choice would be Tohsang Hotel at Kong Jiam on the banks of the Mekong. Nice infinity pool but I don't recall whether it has a very shallow end or separate paddling pool, you would need to call. The river to the south has some scope for supervised paddling and there are boat-trips on the river. A riverside walk in the village of Kong Jiam has restaurants overlooking the river from a height withy a view and childrens enclosed play areas across the walkway from where you eat. The large reservoir nearby ar Srindhorn has a 'resort beach' of sorts and is worth half a day to eat/relax, splash about and peddle boat in too. There is also the world class National park, Pha Tem, within half an hour's drive, with strange rock formations to clamber about and walkways down to view cave paintings.

A car is essential for this region

2-4 might be a bit young for some of this. Would definitely recommend Khong JIam and surrounds for 5 and up as my 5 year old loves all of it.

2-4? I'd be looking to take them to a genuine beach/seaside to be honest. Chantaburi is still a long 500km, away though (Vietnam beaches are nearer, but more involved with two borders to cross).

While it's certainly not a hotel with gardens, Sunee's waterpark is really fun for small children. I've taken my 4yo there since he was 1. If I didn't live so close to it, I'd take my family to stay at the hotel, go to the waterpark and time it so a kids movie is in the theatre.