australian embassy next visit to c/mai is 20.5.2015

evenstevens

Thanks Saan and evenstevens .......Please God its not one of the Oz Foreign Police Liaison. I notice they have taken down there profiles a while back after some were linked to Loi Kroh bars, "entertainment", questionable web sites, questionable people etc etc. Nothing wrong with the activities themselves but somewhat inconsistent with policing as it is known and certainly not a good image for Hon Consul. I know some that do some very good work but surely they must be held to a higher standard. A few bad apples have really coloured my view of the Foreign Police Liaison. Sometimes I wonder how much the Embassy actually knows for sure as opposed to the promoted selective histories presented by hopeful nominees themselves.

I will flick an email off to the embassy and post any update about the next scheduled visit (if there is one).

My best wishes to Michael in retirement, he must have hit 80 or so by now and I really hope he has a long deserved and pleasant break from business and consulate duties.

Nope, a real dinky dye former AFP wolloper who is now actually employed by the Thai police, as in paid.

Saan, sure not the same bloke (please)? ...2O plus years in Police and then a hire car firm as I recall, late 50s, from Sydney runs a guest house in old city, coming up for ten years, contributing author to a book on how to make money in business in Thailand (along with a former CM financial advisor who suddenly departed for the UK).

Edited by mamborobert