Vatican recognizes state of Palestine in new treaty

webfact

This is the current racist obsession of the Israel demonizers to suggest Ashkenazim are "white" European colonialists and not really Jewish people.

Dude ... check out my Ashkenazim Jewfro and Hebronic schnozola.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many apparently intractable international issues in the world. Israel Palestine is not one of them. The framework for a peaceful solution has been established for at least 30 years and is broadly accepted by most members of the international community of nations, except for two radical and increasingly diplomatically isolated outliers. Israel, and its facilitator and co-dependent, USA.

Unless your "peaceful solution" is code for pushing Israel into the sea, it is very illuminating that you left out Hamas. rolleyes.gif

Is there no difference between a Ethiopian jew and a Ashkenazi jew? Cut the "generic" card you are trying to play.

cheesy.gif

1. Last time i checked Israel welcomes ALL jewsthumbsup.gif

2. Last time i checked Jews from all around the world supported Israel in one way or another.

3. Do tell the difference between an Arab and an Arab?whistling.gif

And lets try with facts now, not yet another drivel

Do Morrocan Arabs look like Palestinian Arabs? No.

Do Morrocan Arabs speak the same Arabic dialect as Palestinian Arabs? No.

Do Morrocan Arabs eat the same food as Palestinian Arabs? I dont think so, since Morrocans have a unique local cuisine.

Palestinian Arabs and Israeli jews fight over the ownership of land.

Thats what its all about.

Nothing else.

For starters, its yet again a drivel and utter nonsense.

Were you under some illusion that Palestinian arabs all look alike?blink.png

Does eating the same food or having same color skin clarify to be "the same"? You can not possibly be that (DELETED) can you?

This has very little to do with land and all to do with Israels existence, if you still can not comprehend that, not much else could be said.

There is a good reason why local terrorists support military wings over others, There is a good reason why Iran supplies weapons to Gaza instead helping to build schools , hospitals or economy.

There is a good reason, why other Arabs always fall short with their "donations" and expect everyone else to pick up the tab, while proclaiming undying support.

There is a good reason why Egypt closes all borders and why Israel supplies electricity and water.

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

NeverSure, if your post removed maybe I can do it before God sees it.

I really don't think there's ever been a God anywhere near that place. I think it's a creepy place run by people for their own benefit and I became more sure of it while I was there.

Many countries which are primarily Catholic are desperately poor. The church has a history of targeting the poor. Yet in many places where the people live in hovels there is a nice Catholic church in the middle of it all. Catholicism = poverty for the masses and wealth for the elite. The church has a knack for bleeding those people.

I wonder what these grandiose Catholic leaders will do when they wake up and realize they are probably the easiest targets as infidels in the world.

Do you have any link indicating 1.2 billion dont seem to mind?

Thought not.

Not only off topic but not even in the same universe.

DO you have any link indicating 1.2 billion do?

Thought you did not

Not linky's universe? i guess as long as the blinkers are on, then its all ok

It is incumbent upon the accuser to prove the facts.

If you believe 1.2 billion do not seem to mind then I am afraid you need to seek professional help.

Maybe you'd explain why 1.2 billion people haven't left that evil place due to pedophilia, the amassing of great wealth while many of its people are in abject poverty, and exploitation of the poor to get money out of them.

The Catholic church is a man made money and power machine which is one of the great scourges in history.

By the way, the His Holiness has been invited to speak before the US Congress later this year. I don't imagine he will broach the subject of the repeated Israeli atrocities against the Palestinians, but it would be great if he did.

Maybe he will condemn Palestinian terrorism while he's at it, but he still has the issue of rampant child abuse by paedophile priests to clear up before he starts in on everyone else.

Good to see youve stopped denying the Israeli atrocities and pointing out the Vatican has serious abuse issues too... congratulations you just went up a level in humanities.

Keep up the good work Ulysses. thumbsup.gif

Is there no difference between a Ethiopian jew and a Ashkenazi jew? Cut the "generic" card you are trying to play.

cheesy.gif

1. Last time i checked Israel welcomes ALL jewsthumbsup.gif

2. Last time i checked Jews from all around the world supported Israel in one way or another.

3. Do tell the difference between an Arab and an Arab?whistling.gif

And lets try with facts now, not yet another drivel

About your point 1). Ask some Ethiopian women. The only Jewish women in the history of Aliyah to Israel forced to take "Depo-Provera" birth control shots as a condition of immigration. There is a " "pigmentocracy" issue in Israel and a rash of social inequities and economic problems. Recently there was unrest triggered by the shameful beating on video of a black IDF soldier by Police.

LOL, already discussed in another thread. I guess lucky for the Ethiopian he is not kept in camps or back in Africa starving. huh?

Thank you for proving the point my brother. In utmost benevolence we allow a few blacks from a distant (original) branch of our tribe to immigrate to prove a point. Then sterilize the women and suffer black Jews to be beaten in the street like dogs for no reason.

Edited by arunsakda

"Vatican recognizes state of Palestine in new treaty."

The (shudder) Vatican seems to have forgotten this, and eventually they will be the prime target of terrorists. Perhaps they blindly think they can pacify terrorists and if so they have a lot to learn.

"...Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me." - Niemöller (Christian pastor)

Do you have any link indicating 1.2 billion dont seem to mind?

Thought not.

Not only off topic but not even in the same universe.

DO you have any link indicating 1.2 billion do?

Thought you did not

Not linky's universe? i guess as long as the blinkers are on, then its all ok

It is incumbent upon the accuser to prove the facts.

If you believe 1.2 billion do not seem to mind then I am afraid you need to seek professional help.

Maybe you'd explain why 1.2 billion people haven't left that evil place due to pedophilia, the amassing of great wealth while many of its people are in abject poverty, and exploitation of the poor to get money out of them.

The Catholic church is a man made money and power machine which is one of the great scourges in history.

An ill considered statement was made with no proof and nothing to back it up. I could easily say all western men in Thailand are sexpats and rapists. It is a nonsence statement and deserves contempt.

Why should all catholics leave their faith because some priests are scum. Do you renounce your citizenship because some of your countrymen are scum? im sure you still love your country tegardless of the minority that make it look bad.

A simple question, do YOU believe all 1.2billion catholics are not bothered?

But again, that has nothing to do with this thread.

130 or so countries recognise Palestine, many more to come. Im sure the next country to do it will draw the wrath of the great unwashed until all countries recognise palestine then some will be left crying into their glass of milk wondering why the rest of the world are not as delusional as them.

"Vatican recognizes state of Palestine in new treaty."

The (shudder) Vatican seems to have forgotten this, and eventually they will be the prime target of terrorists. Perhaps they blindly think they can pacify terrorists and if so they have a lot to learn.

"...Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out

Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for meand there was no one left to speak for me." - Niemöller (Christian pastor)

Nope, just following what the rest of the world will soon do. Not the first and not the last. Sharpen the claws for the next acknowledgement but you will run out of countries soon.

No, not only Jews.

For example, Buddhist gay spouses of migrating gay Jews are welcome to become Israeli citizens, as well.

Presumably their "Jubu" children would be welcome as well.

Try that one in a Muslim country! cheesy.gif

My understanding is that there is also "merit" based immigration paths to Israel not related to Jewishness ... like many other countries such as Australia though I doubt that is very popular, even with the great beaches there.

No, there is no right of return for Arabs ... that would mean the end of Israel (nice try).

There is only the one (small) Jewish majority demographic country in the world. Israel, in the land where Jews are indigenous. Of course such a country is going to favor Jews in immigration laws. Deal with it.

Edited by Jingthing

Off-topic posts and replies removed. At least some, but not all. This topic is about Palestine. It is pretty obvious some posters are trolling for an argument. You likely won't get one because you will be on a suspension.

"Vatican recognizes state of Palestine"

What happened?

​Did the Pope finally buy some glasses?cheesy.gif

The Cardinals of the Vatican Council voted for recognition of the Palestinian state. The Pope didn't vote on his own.

I would be more afraid of a-Pope-without-glasses, but from what I know he never wears his glasses in public, but uses them often for reading.

Furthermore his theo-political decision is based on the bad treatment of Christians in Jerusalem and main Israel who makes the religious equality in The Holy Land very difficult.

I see the Vatican vote as a symbolic religious vote...but not less important !

Edited by Thorgal

No, not only Jews.

For example, Buddhist gay spouses of migrating gay Jews are welcome to become Israeli citizens, as well.

My understanding is that there is also "merit" based immigration paths to Israel not related to Jewishness ... like many other countries such as Australia though I doubt that is very popular, even with the great beaches there.

No, there is no right of return for Arabs ... that would mean the end of Israel (nice try).

There is only the one (small) Jewish majority demographic country in the world. Israel, in the land where Jews are indigenous. Of course such a country is going to favor Jews in immigration laws. Deal with it.

Not the best example. If anything that probably draws support for the Vatican position.

As a reminder, being gay in the PLA territories, especially Gaza is tantamount to a death sentence. There are no human rights for gay people in the PLA territory. The Vatican with its anti-gay positions may in some twisted fashion see the PLA as a kindred spirit. Just the sight of those gay people having fun at gay pride in Tel Aviv must cause conniptions in Vatican City.

Edited by geriatrickid

What happened?

The Cardinals of the Vatican Council voted for recognition of the Palestinian state. The Pope didn't vote on his own.

I would be more afraid of a-Pope-without-glasses, but from what I know he never wears his glasses in public, but uses them often for reading.

Furthermore his theo-political decision is based on the bad treatment of Christians in Jerusalem and main Israel who makes the religious equality in The Holy Land very difficult.

Were that true it is sailing away from the facts at 180 degrees. Since 1948 the Christian population of the lands governed (sic) by Palestinians has decreased by around 70%, which mirrors similar declines throughout the middle east. Israel is the only exception, where the Christian population has increased by 400% since 1948. It helps if you put glasses on the right way round.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/2838/palestinians-christians

Edited by Steely Dan

Thank you for proving the point my brother. In utmost benevolence we allow a few blacks from a distant (original) branch of our tribe to immigrate to prove a point. Then sterilize the women and suffer black Jews to be beaten in the street like dogs for no reason.

That is utter tripe. I appreciate that this thread is not about birth control, however, it does tie in to Vatican policy, which is anti birth control. There is no forced sterilization in Israel. Aside from the fact that it is illegal, it also contravenes religious beliefs. Although the holy rollers are not supporters of birth control, it is an accepted RESPONSIBLE practice to provide family planning to economically deprived people. The Ethiopian refugees were illiterate and from a subsistence agrarian background. They traditionally had large families because most of the children died due to disease and starvation. In excess of 30,000 Ethiopians were given refuge in Israel during the 1980's. Today, that population has increased to 125,000+. If there had been forced birth control and sterilizations, we would not see such a large population, would we?

Birth control is discouraged in the PLA territories and has been difficult to obtain in Hamas controlled Gaza. Arabs living in the west bank have much easier access because of their ability to use Israeli health facilities and hospitals. The end result is that younger educated west bank arabs have opted for birth control, and the shrinking of families to something more rational has directly resulted in an improved standard of living for the families. The Vatican has been vocal in its opposition to the access to family planning advocated by both arab and Israeli social development activists. The Cardinals and Rome can use their new political position to keep arguing to prevent intelligent family planning in favour of having more people that the planet cannot support. I will be surprised if the better educated arabs, particularly those who lean towards secular thought, are overly thrilled by having the Church of Rome as its new best friend.

What happened?

Were that true it is sailing away from the facts at 180 degrees. Since 1948 the Christian population of the lands governed (sic) by Palestinians has decreased by around 70%, which mirrors similar declines throughout the middle east. Israel is the only exception, where the Christian population has increased by 400% since 1948. It helps if you put glasses on the right way round.

Quote from link :

"Rosenwald is the founder and president of Gatestone Institute."

"She has served on the board of directors of many pro-Israel organizations, including Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP), the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) and the Hudson Institute and was vice president of Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA).

In 2003, she was a recipient of the Louis Brandeis Award, given by the Zionist Organization of America for her pro-Israel advocacy."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nina_Rosenwald

Glasses won't work for US-Israeli political uncorrectable strabbism...

Edited by Thorgal

What happened?

Quote from link :

"She has served on the board of directors of many pro-Israel organizations, including Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP), the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) and the Hudson Institute and was vice president of Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA).

In 2003, she was a recipient of the Louis Brandeis Award, given by the Zionist Organization of America for her pro-Israel advocacy."

Ah ha! I nearly ended my last post with a prediction you would resort to source policing. This is the argument of last resort for facts someone can't refute, facts that hole your false narrative below the water line.

What happened?

Quote from link :

Gatestone isn't a credible source. Never has been

Not for obsessive Israel-phobes anyway. With a Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, a Nobel Peace Prize laureate and former Central Intelligence Agency Director on the board, it seems pretty credible otherwise.

The Gatestone Institute, formerly Stonegate Institute and Hudson New York, is a think tank based in New York City that specializes in strategy and defense issues.[2] Gatestone was founded in 2012 by Nina Rosenwald, who serves as its president.[3][4] Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John R. Bolton is its chairman.[5][6][7]

Gatestone publicizes the writings of authors as diverse as Alan Dershowitz, Robert Spencer, Palestinian journalist Khaled Abu Toameh, and Harold Rhode.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatestone_Institute

Edited by Ulysses G.

Not for obsessive Israel-phobes anyway. With a Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, a Nobel Peace Prize laureate and former Central Intelligence Agency Director on the board, it seems pretty credible otherwise.

The Gatestone Institute, formerly Stonegate Institute and Hudson New York, is a think tank based in New York City that specializes in strategy and defense issues.[2] Gatestone was founded in 2012 by Nina Rosenwald, who serves as its president.[3][4] Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John R. Bolton is its chairman.[5][6][7]

Gatestone publicizes the writings of authors as diverse as Alan Dershowitz, Robert Spencer, Palestinian journalist Khaled Abu Toameh, and Harold Rhode.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatestone_Institute

And a little bit further down that page is this telling bit....

The Institute for Policy Studies has noted that "[t]he institute was founded in 2011 by Nina Rosenwald, an heiress of the Sears Roebuck empire who has been a key philanthropic backer of anti-Muslim groups and individuals in the United States".[22] Sheila Musaji's The American Muslim includes it and Nina Rosenwald in a Who's Who of the Anti-Muslim/Anti-Arab/Islamophobia Industry,[23] Ali Gharib, of the blog Open Zion, describes it as "a spin-off of the Hudson Institute where right-wingers (along with Alan Dershowitz) champion hawkish, often "pro-Israel" policies and, not infrequently, rattle off Islamophobic blogposts."[24]

So Muslims and far-left radicals claim they are "Islamophobic". That probably means that they have published articles that are critical of Hamas.

The Institute for Policy Studies

Harvey Klehr, professor of politics and history at Emory University, in his 1988 book Far Left of Center: The American Radical Left Today said that IPS "serves as an intellectual nerve center for the radical movement, ranging from nuclear and anti-intervention issues to support for Marxist insurgencies".[20] Joshua Muravchik, a former scholar with the American Enterprise Institute has also accused the institute of communist sympathies.[21] An analysis from The Heritage Foundation described IPS as, "an avowedly radical organization."[22]

There is propaganda and narratives to tell on both sides.

That is normal and expected in a prolonged conflict.

But sorry, I just can't get past some basic facts that are really real ... the genocidal intention of Hamas, the refusal of Palestinian leaders to give up the demand of right of return into Israel, to name a few.

Edited by Jingthing

There is propaganda and narratives to tell on both sides.

That is normal and expected in a prolonged conflict.

But sorry, I just can't get past some basic facts that are really real ... the genocidal intention of Hamas, the refusal of Palestinian leaders to give up the demand of right of return into Israel, to name a few.

Agree...there are narratives, and there is propaganda from both sides.....including in your post.

The idea of the "genocidal intention of Hamas" has long ago been discredited as out-of-date....as out of date, perhaps, as Likud's "From the river to the sea" proclamation....so stop harping on that bit of sensationalist nonsense.

Some basic facts that you shouldn't go past must include Israel's continued expansionism (which is the crux of the entire situation), and Israel's refusal to parley.

No, not only Jews.

Migrating gay Jews can acquire Israeli residency and nationality.

Their foreign gay spouses can perhaps be married overseas, but the marriage has no legality in Israel. Even so, a gay marriage in Israel is impossible because same-sex marriages are not yet declared legal by the Rabbinate of Israel and the Knesset.

Same-sex marriages often happen but are symbolic and have no legal value.

Furthermore, the spouse can only receive conditionally residency. There are no (more) laws supporting citizenship AND nationality for foreign spouses. You can only apply after long proven residency. Citizenship and nationality separately are not 'rights' for foreign spouses.

The children from Jewish bloodline and legally adopted children to Israeli law can acquire citizenship and nationality.

The children of the foreign spouse can have residency, but no citizenship and nationality.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage_in_Israel

http://alicerothchild.com/2014/06/can-you-be-an-israeli-citizen-and-what-does-that-mean-anyway-part-two-june-21-2014/

http://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa/aboutisrael/state/pages/acquisition%20of%20israeli%20nationality.aspx

Edited by Thorgal

The idea of the "genocidal intention of Hamas" has long ago been discredited as out-of-date...

Nonsense. The Hamas Charter calls the destruction of Israel and the genocide of Jews and Hamas has never renounced it. Please quit posting false information.

The Hamas charter is alive and kicking – and Israeli civilians are dying

On Monday, we awoke to news that four worshipping Jews, one of them a British national, were murdered by Palestinian terrorists as they prayed in their Jerusalem synagogue. Hamas praised this atrocity, as it praises every terror attack in which the victim is an Israeli Jew. There should be absolutely no doubt: Hamas’s recent statements celebrating terror attacks are entirely consistent with its charter, which calls for the murder of Jews.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/20/hamas-charter-israeli-civilians-dying-ahmed-yousef

Hamas' targeting of Jewish civilians is part and parcel of its mission — as set out in its governing Covenant or Charter — to "fight the Jews and kill them" and to replace Israel with an Islamic state. According to the Charter, any type of peace negotiation and diplomatic end to the conflict "stand in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement."

http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=56&x_miscitem=20

Edited by Ulysses G.