Android - Overriding Silent Mode for Notification for Specific Email

When i go to sleep, i put my phone into the silent mode.

I look for a solution which allows me to get a acoustic notification - even in silent mode - when gmail receives a mail from a particular sender. I thought there would be a app for that, but i can't find it.

Some ideas?

Thanks, but while the phone is in silent mode, it won't be a acoustic alert.

I think the point is that you turn off alerts for all except the sender.

If you don't get alerts, it doesn't matter if they're silent or not, does it?

blink.png

I guess you understand me wrong. I set my phone into silent mode. That means, no ringtones, no vibration, no acoustic notifications from Line and so on. That's why i asked for override the silent mode in particular cases. Like the alarm clock, which gives a acoustic alarm even when the phone is in silent mode.

I guess you understand me wrong. I set my phone into silent mode. That means, no ringtones, no vibration, no acoustic notifications from Line and so on. That's why i asked for override the silent mode in particular cases. Like the alarm clock, which gives a acoustic alarm even when the phone is in silent mode.

You don't need it in silent mode if you've turned off alerts except for the ones you want.

Anyway, good luck.

Added: What about this one?

Edited by Chicog

Look in the app store at a program called 'Automated Device' it maybdo what you want. There is a more powerful but paid app called 'Tasker' which is very similar.

Lots of info on the net on how to use these apps

Edited by thaimite

Download the tasker app. It can be a little fiddly to setup but can do what you want and a lot more.

I have sms from certain numbers and certain push notifications trigger an alarm independant to other ringtones/volumes, sure will work for email too.

Just need to setup the trigger (email, sender=xx) and action(play audio, file=yy).

Thanks guys. I give Tasker a try. It seems a bit tricky to configure it. But your right. It is possible to realize my desire, although not with gmail, but with K9 mail.

I look forward to hearing of your success

Ok Guys. I got it. Tasker with K9 Email. I get alerted when i receive a email from particular sender with a particular subject, even when the phone is set to silent mode. I had some difficulties to configure the profile and task. But now, actually it seems quite simple. That's great stuff. Exactly what i looked for. Now i only have to do some minor adjustments like choose the right alarm sound and so on.

Tasker seems to be a very powerful app. For now, I'm happy I realized it.

• 6 months later...

You can also do this with an app called eNotify. It is much easier to use than setting up Tasker. It works with K9 or any other email app.

It supports use cases like:

Override phone's silent profile with 'Godzilla Roar' email alert my wife emails between 8am and 8pm.

In addition to overriding silent, you can also set the volume that you want to use for the override.

Cheers,

Tundra