Help Transferring Money To Thai Bank

Shrek

We are trying to transfer money to a friend who has an account with BAAC (Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives) and having problems. The telegraphic transfer fails to recognise the name of the bank. Anyone any idea ? :o

We are trying to transfer money to a friend who has an account with BAAC (Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives) and having problems. The telegraphic transfer fails to recognise the name of the bank. Anyone any idea ? :o

Try asking the friend to ask the bank if they have a SWIFT code ?

Try asking the friend to ask the bank if they have a SWIFT code ?

dont think they have one I couldnt find one on the net and have just been on swift.com you can search banks and the name returns nothing

Most likely BAACBKTH.

Mind, I've never heard of a bank called "Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives". You sure it's not just Kasikorn (Thai Farmers) Bank?

It does exist several banking pages on the net have addresses and phone numbers but no mention of swift or bic codes

That is a specialized government financial service and is not a real bank. I seriously doubt you can transfer money into such an account (we have not been able to do so from bank accounts inside Thailand).

Thanks

Had come to the same conclusion

Have sold sister to open a new acct with BangkokBank

New motorbike will have to wait a week !

That is a specialized government financial service and is not a real bank. I seriously doubt you can transfer money into such an account (we have not been able to do so from bank accounts inside Thailand).

Thanks

...hope your sister didnt' mind..... did you get much for her? :o

Thanks

...hope your sister didnt' mind..... did you get much for her? :o

ooops