Advice on fans & water filters.

malt25

Howdy all.

This should probably be 2 different threads, but here goes.

1. Ceiling fans v wall mounted fans. I'm in the process of setting up a room for my wife to use as a hairdressing saloon. Ceiling height is 3 mt. Initially I was planning to have 3 wall mounted fans. Now wondering if ceiling fans are more efficient... in cooling, not cost. Thoughts please.

2. Water filters. We buy the BIG bottles, home delivered, of drinking water. I'm not at all familiar with water filters. Any info & advice on under bench water filters will be most welcome. Economical. Efficiency. Servicing, cartridge changing.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers..... Mal.

I have 7 ceiling fans, two wall mounted fans and 1 ceiling mounted oscillating fan in my house plus 1 12000 BTU air Con in the bedroom. The ceiling fans are all the same brand, CEI SUNLIGHT, with light fixtures. I bought them at Home Pro 15 years ago.

The problem with the ceiling fans is that the direction is not controllable. You have to basically sit directly under them to get full benefit. In addition, the ones that I have are three speed, but the capacitors that control the speed are under rated and the "fast" cap opens and makes the fan only one speed, medium.

The wall and oscillating ceiling fan are directional, You can set them to either oscillate or pop the button and make them directional.

If I were to do it all over again I would choose wall and oscillating ceiling fans. As far as the Air Con, it hasn't been turned on in over 3 years,