A military conscript in jealous rage sets fire on a girlfriend

Bangkok: –Police are requesting the military cooperation to hand over a conscript to face charges for setting fire on a girlfriend who is being hospitalized for third-degree burn.

The Paveena Hongsakul Foundation, an advocacy group for women’s and children’s rights, has called for police to ensure justice by solving the case in a straightforward manner.

The incident happened on May 8 and family members of the victim voiced suspicion about the lack of progress in the police investigation.

The family members have petitioned the foundation to intervene and ensure justice in the case.

Burn victim Sinithra Kummai, 34, has been dating military conscript and boyfriend Sunai Tanlimsoon, 22, since 2012, according the statement of family members.

Sinithra is a divorcee with two children, a daughter, 14, and a son, 9, from the previous marriage.

1974573.png

[Photo credit: dailynews.co.th]

After Sunai went into the military service last year, he often had jealous rage because of his suspicion that Sinithra might be seeing another man when he served in the army camp in Pranburi district, Prachuab Khiri Khan.

Sunai would take weekend leave to check on Sinithra.

On the night of the incident, he slept in a couch while she went to sleep with her children.

While she and the children were fast asleep, he suddenly opened the bedroom door, poured a bottle of petrol on her and set fire.

The incident took place right in front of the children. During the commotion as family members tried to put out the fire and rush the victim to hospital, he fled to seek safe haven in the military camp.

Family members filed a complaint at Nong Khang Phlu police station in Nong Khaem district.

Police station superintendent Colonel Narong Thadthapong said he has already activated the legal proceedings against Sunai.

The investigation will proceed once the military agree for the police to take custody of the suspect.

What possible reason would the army have for failing to hand him over ?

Please don't tell me it's face as part of the well known rivalry and the army's instance of their special status within the law.

Always a little dangerous going for young rough trade...but maybe that was the attraction. It's hard to imagine any other attraction a 22 year old army conscript would be for a mother in her mid-30's. The perp is obviously a sociopath and needs to be locked up for a long time to protect society.

I remember many years ago an army major was arrested for, and ultimately convicted of, a provincial governor.

News footage showed him sitting at a table laughing and carrying on in a manner that raised doubts as to his sanity.

The army were outraged when he was arrested, not because it was for murder but because he was in uniform and that just wasn't on.

What possible reason would the army have for failing to hand him over ?

Please don't tell me it's face as part of the well known rivalry and the army's instance of their special status within the law.

They are planning to use him to clear out newly discovered migrant camps, having shown an aptitude with a unique skill set.

Bet he's up for a promotion.

Mr. Prayut...are you really going to allow this man to go free? Is this what you really want your military doing...protecting a disgusting human being for burning a mother to within an inch of her life in front of her children.

Really?

Reality is we are still under martial law so probably military will have to discipline their soldier. Also keeps a lid on how their soldiers are perceived after that military sgts matter happened a week ago in Bkk.

Reality is martial law was lifted months ago.

Mr. Prayut...are you really going to allow this man to go free? Is this what you really want your military doing...protecting a disgusting human being for burning a mother to within an inch of her life in front of her children.

Really?

I have a feeling the PM will keep away from this because as ex-army chief he will not want to have to tell his old pasl to hand someone over to their main rivals.

If, big if, this is raised and the reporter doesn't get his / her head ripped off i would expect him to say something like it's not his job to interfere.

Remember the copper in Kanchanaburi who hacked off both the hostess' arms with a machete for rejecting him.

Guess how many days he spent in jail.

Oh christ! I wish you had not reminded me of that. I had a very slender connection to that situation, and spent all day trembling in rage and wanting to race out to Kan and tear that effer apart limb by limb.

A week later and no arrest. Disgraceful. This man should be killed slowly with no mercy shown.

And what right minded person shields people like this willingly. Worse than scum, the lot of them. Its gonna be a brutal revolution when it happens & with episodes like this it'll be fully justified

Absolutely no excuse for the fact that so much time has transpired and this sad little sack of shit is still not in police custody. 48 hours would be more than sufficient for the Army to get its facts strait.

Whatever transpires the picture already painted is of a failed and tainted state.

Worst pig of a coward! Castration is too lenient a penalty. Disfigured someone for life, she has to endure extreme pain for years while healing. He's below that of a pig. Disgusting!

Edited by jerojero