Four Nigerians arrested in online love scam

Thaivisa News

All these frauds here are peanuts compared to frauds on Wall Street.

At last, a reply that is actually insightful, absent of gormless racism and "men's rights activism."

So, who is starting the petition to ban any citizen of a particular country from entering another country. If someone does that, I will start the campaign to save the endangered Western male in Thailand.

I mean, Western males in Thailand must be the most heavily oppressed and exploited group of people in the universe—since the dawn of time, in fact. Surely!

Edited by tookwan cottage

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catweazle, thanks for your credentials.

I have to add:

1. to turn up at Thai police in a fraud case without a good lawyer is now good idea at all.

2. and many, many more Thais are cheated by Thai scammers, latest: Wat Phra Dhammakaya and UFUN

3. Surprising, the reaction about this thread, must be quite a lot of posters, who also got stung, one way or the other

Just to maybe clear something up: when KLover said woman expected to get 160,500 baht and others pointed out Nigerians got 160,000 off her, that he put 165 in error. I think he did it as humor, that someone would send 160k in hope of making 500 baht profit. Made me laugh anyway...

When I got into the Thai dating scene, I expected that there were many Thai women scamming Farang men. Many Farang men have more money than brains and deserve what they get. I was surprised to find how many women, looking for true love, are scammed. These women have no money! Men who perpetrate this sort of scam should be neutered. Taking the money a woman needs to live and breaking her heart? I am happy to see that there are prosecutions in these cases. Truly despicable!

Okuderi said he used to play for Angthong AFC, a team of Thai League Division 1, but he later suffered a knee injury so he decided to form an online scam with his three friends.

I bet he faked it to claim compensation. Now he's got to go with his other name O'kuderi from Dublin. To be sure to be sure!!!

The following should be mandatory information for scammers, want-to-scamers and scammed peoples

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/419_scams
Should be a mandatory reading for all, unfortunately not in Thai language available. So, an expat who want to make a real input into Thailand and its peoples, should do a Thai wiki translation. It would be a real contribution to the country you live in.
When you like to have a night or day of laughing, read website 419eater.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scam_baiting.

Sorry, if links are not allowed but these are valuable.

How about these 10,000 PLUS of Thai women and their countless scams against farangs?

How come we never see them at police station with the farang victims pointing their fingers?

Och well i get it its simply a matter of priorities!

The moment I saw the thread headline, I took a guess as to how many posts it'd be before someone was going about the evil Thai women and their scams, as always happens. I guessed post #10. I was pretty close, only off by six posts.

Now to read on and find where someone inevitably declares every Nigerian to be a crook and why they should all be banned from Thailand. I'm guessing post #25.

ThaiVisa bingo. Everyone's a winner, everyone loses IQ points :)

Edited by Rumblecat

What with all the major crime, corruption, human trafficking, and counterfeit property racketeering in Thailand, another petty bust makes the headline news. Thais just don't get it. They perceive that throwing flack up, they will win world consensus that they are fighting crime in Thailand and making groundbreaking major busts.

"Thais just don't get it."

So until we achieve world peace, we ignore everything else. In Farangland, until all the murders are solved, no more arrests for speeding or petty theft or anything else.

Farang-ness solves all the world's problems. If only the entire world was just like Europe or America or Australia, it's be heaven on earth.

Before you comment on the sliver in someone else's eye, take a good look at what the logs that exist in the eyes of authorities back where you think everything is perfect and farangs have mastered the universe.

I use to get an email from a Nigerian claiming his wife was gravely ill and there would be an inheritance of millions. But to access the money he needed $4,000 ... he said if I send the money I would be entitled to half of the inheritance.

I sent him $0

Edited by steven100

Some great replies here but I wonder how many of the members posting have at one time been scammed? If so, and maybe it has only been for a few hundred Baht, they are not really in a position to mock this Thai girl.

Some great replies here but I wonder how many of the members posting have at one time been scammed? If so, and maybe it has only been for a few hundred Baht, they are not really in a position to mock this Thai girl.

if you follow thaivisa, you would know,

many times for millions and not only hundreds !!

Sorry you misses out completely.

The Thai lady would have never digged out the money if she would have seen or heard the scammers for sure.

All cases you whine about, the love stroke expat had her standing or lying in front of him and heard here siren like voice whispering in his ear: My buffalow needs a dentist!

Sir Charles IV, who knighted you? Must have been a Nigerian scanner?

Or put your wife something in your meals because of such a post!

sorry it was a really from a Nigerian scammer or scanner to make his victim guilty. Slick but the victim must be naive too.

The woman also mailed her a photo of the parcel and told her that she needed to pay Bt160,000 for customs clearance. She transferred the money to her and found out later that she was deceived.

No sympathy at all. There is one born every minute.

My email spam box becomes infested with scam messages every day, from promises of huge payments of money, lottery wins, business proposals and even from alleged young, blond Russian models who want to visit Thailand and marry me.

Simple, don`t even bother reading them, just click that good ole delete button and forget them.

Sorry Sir Charles IV, the automatic correction on my handphone drives me crazy, specially when forget to switch languages. And proof reading, I am like a good hearted scammed victim. I believe too much in my Lumia.

you are not alone mate. I do it all the time.

Anyone who is stupid to send a stranger 160,000 deserves to lose it.

What about the 1000's of Thai bar girls that do this to 1000's of foreign men everyday? Oh its OK for them to do that because they're doing it for their family. They're making merit when providing for the family.

Go boil your head you stupid neive woman. And if you want to know next weeks lottery numbers just send me 250,000 baht and il guarantee youll win 2,00000 baht jing jing

These bar girls offer a service, if you want for short time or 24/7. Whose fault is it, when men stop thinking with their brain and use their penis?

These men are naive if they believe they love them too much. There're always two sides of the coin. People who <deleted> and those who get <deleted>.

you really lost,

hope one day you will not be lost by force !!

out of house and out w no money from LOS !!

This scam happens all the time and is not relegated to Thailand. The targets are usually middle-aged women who are desperate for love.I watch an interview with a 40-something university-educated American woman who had been scammed out of $600,000, all in the name of love.

Here in Thailand, my wife asked me to talk to a friend of a friend. The woman was in her 40's, not very attractive, and never married. She was in the process of getting scammed, but she would not listen to anyone, saying they just didn't want her to find love. As the resident foreigner, my wife thought she might listen to me. I gave her examples from online reports of various Thai women getting scammed, and what was happening to her might as well have been from a script. She actually ended up getting angry at me, accusing me of not wanting her to find love. She would not believe that her "Scottish doctor fiance" was probably African (based on his or her writing style), but was certainly not a what he purported himself to be.

She ended up yelling at me to leave her alone. In the end, she never sent the money, but she blames my wife and her other friend and will not speak to them anymore.

Love is a strong motivator, and it has a way of blinding people to reality. They believe what they want to believe, not what makes sense.

handsome farang would normal people even from some internet dating site need to view the handsome man in the flesh before handing over your life savings to him and get to know him personally for at least 10 minutes after all we are all just alien's at the end of the day even people from Nigerians how could a Thai lady fall for a scam like this a farang man would never fall for some rubbish story from a Thai lady and hand over all their life savings would they.