Four Nigerians arrested in online love scam

Thaivisa News

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I got into the Thai dating scene, I expected that there were many Thai women scamming Farang men. Many Farang men have more money than brains and deserve what they get. I was surprised to find how many women, looking for true love, are scammed. These women have no money! Men who perpetrate this sort of scam should be neutered. Taking the money a woman needs to live and breaking her heart? I am happy to see that there are prosecutions in these cases. Truly despicable!

And you believed them?

Altalake, read 419eater.com and you will have a good laugh. These guys are geniuses in hunting scammers or lead them into a merry-go-round.

I love that site. I've laughed more from this site than about any other. The whole thread with the squirrel in the woodcarving is priceless!

This type of scam is more common than we imagine. I recalled when I met my lady in Thailand she told me a similar story. When she answered a request from an online dating site , it was some guy claiming to be working in an oil company in the USA. According to him, he was hired to do some repairs on some oil equipment in Singapore. The company that enlisted his services had ordered the required part for the damaged equipment and it was the wrong part. Now he needed some money to make a new order and wanted my lady to send him some funds. She was not taken by this scam but I am sure many others have fallen victims. I think the lesson here for Thai women is to beware of any online person asking for funds to bail them out in some hardship encounter.

Just to maybe clear something up: when KLover said woman expected to get 160,500 baht and others pointed out Nigerians got 160,000 off her, that he put 165 in error. I think he did it as humor, that someone would send 160k in hope of making 500 baht profit. Made me laugh anyway...

I think he was exercising a little sarcasm and suggesting that a Thai would do anything for 500 baht.

Like put up 160,000 baht on the hope of getting 160,500 in return (from a scammer).

The victim, whose name was withheld, told police that she met a man online via chat application and the man claimed to be a white American, called Kelvin David.

It makes me feel quite nostalgic for the good old days of Prince Abubu sending me personal emails every morning, promising to share his palace that was brimming with gold bullion and fine raiments for me to wear as I swanned gracefully around the palace gardens. I liked all that, it was exotic and romantic, and made me feel like I was really special every time I went to read my emails.

This Kelvin David and gift parcel business, will never come close to those fond memories I have of Prince Abubu.

coffee1.gif

Did you ever go to see the palace?

What with all the major crime, corruption, human trafficking, and counterfeit property racketeering in Thailand, another petty bust makes the headline news. Thais just don't get it. They perceive that throwing flack up, they will win world consensus that they are fighting crime in Thailand and making groundbreaking major busts.

This "Headline" is only on the Thai Visa News Page. Nowhere else.

What with all the major crime, corruption, human trafficking, and counterfeit property racketeering in Thailand, another petty bust makes the headline news. Thais just don't get it. They perceive that throwing flack up, they will win world consensus that they are fighting crime in Thailand and making groundbreaking major busts.

This "Headline" is only on the Thai Visa News Page. Nowhere else.

And just look what great entertainment value it has garnered on TVF. It's added "color" to a sometimes, somewhat boring forum.

How and why Nigerians get visas here is amazing. One thing my wife pointed out is there aren't many around Pattaya/Jontien. I noticed tons around soi 4 in Bkk tho.

Didn't you read about the recent promotion of 6 immigration officers stationed at Sadao?

More officers around the country also deserve promotion.

Are you implying that Immigration here is doing there job without having to randomly stop white guys for drug tests?

I'll say this much though....I have watched programs from Europe and Australia (Talk shows) where elderly men and women have been scammed out of their life savings and even borrowed money in search of a bit love and a companionship in their latter years. The police seldom if ever find the scammers...excepting when a crime investigation team from the TV companies try to entice them out from under their rocks to make a good TV show. Bravo.....I say to the Thai police for tracing and arresting these thieves....I wish the police in the West were as diligent.

Delighted to see them getting caught.. Now deport them back to their own country and blacklist their passports to Thailand..

As for the Thai lady transferring THB 160,000 on basis of a picture.. ??? Well that is just plain stupid....

Black listing the passport will do no good, you can get a new passport in Lagos in a week, different name, different number...............coffee1.gif

How fat would a newspaper be if all the scams from Thais to farangs were reported

And what scams would that be ? When 50 and 60 something farang act like 12 year old boys on their first date, they are not being scammed...they are just being morons.

Well here is one topic posted at the same time as this article was posted. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/825671-traffic-light-offence-how-would-you-react/?utm_source=newsletter-20150516-1535&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

Not to mention taxi and transport scams, JetSki scams, double pricing just to mention a few. Nothing to do with mature men acting like 12 year olds!

Oh that makes my day. Wait, that makes my week. Wait that makes my year

So happy to see these scamming scum that pray on the hearts of people have been caught Good on you scammers

May you rest in jail for a long time

The only thing better would be about 20 of them sitting up there to be sent back to where they come fromthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

The email I received today.

HELP HELP..

My family water buffalo fell from stairs. Water buffalo hip broken, need new hip.

Send 200,000.-

Your friend

Don't you mean My friend your friend ?

I think he means "My Friend You"

No, to my lasting sorrow I stopped receiving emails from my brave Prince Abubu some years ago. I worry that something terrible has befallen him.

I was unable to send him the monies he needed, which were to be used in a legal battle to reclaim his rightful ownership of the palace. When Abubu's father (a wise and noble man) died, the palace ownership was stolen by the evil Grand Vizier, who had been a loyal servant of Abubu's father for many decades, but had later become consumed by greed and wickedness.

The Grand Vizier and his gang of barbarous desert brigands were living in the palace, frightening all the lute players, and killing all of Abubu's beautiful prize-winning peacocks, which he had raised by hand since they were little chicks. I still have photos of Abubu nursing his peacocks, with his usual warm caring smile.

If only I could have raised the quite substantial legal fees in time, there is no doubt that the palace ownership case would have been won quickly. The Grand Vizier had no rightful claim to the palace, and everyone knew it. But sadly I was a little short on cash at the time, and so tragically it was never to be. But Abubu and I will always be together, no matter how far it seems, we'll always be together, in electric dreams.

How and why Nigerians get visas here is amazing. One thing my wife pointed out is there aren't many around Pattaya/Jontien. I noticed tons around soi 4 in Bkk tho.

Yes, better known as little Africa competing with the Middle East sector of Bangkok.

I see them often enough but none of them ever approach me while I never see then soliciting anyone, rather just hanging about in certain places.

Cheers

No, to my lasting sorrow I stopped receiving emails from my brave Prince Abubu some years ago. I worry that something terrible has befallen him.

I was unable to send him the monies he needed, which were to be used in a legal battle to reclaim his rightful ownership of the palace. When Abubu's father (a wise and noble man) died, the palace ownership was stolen by the evil Grand Vizier, who had been a loyal servant of Abubu's father for many decades, but had later become consumed by greed and wickedness.

The Grand Vizier and his gang of barbarous desert brigands were living in the palace, frightening all the lute players, and killing all of Abubu's beautiful prize-winning peacocks, which he had raised by hand since they were little chicks. I still have photos of Abubu nursing his peacocks, with his usual warm caring smile.

If only I could have raised the quite substantial legal fees in time, there is no doubt that the palace ownership case would have been won quickly. The Grand Vizier had no rightful claim to the palace, and everyone knew it. But sadly I was a little short on cash at the time, and so tragically it was never to be. But Abubu and I will always be together, no matter how far it seems, we'll always be together, in electric dreams.

I am deeply touched, I may have to lie down in a darkened room for a while.

Coincidentally, I know Prince Abubu. He has raised the money for his legal case, but the evil Visier has frozen his account. Abubu needs to transfer it to a third party to access it. Now if you would send me your bank details. ......

I'm in soi 4 now and there were two of them fighting in the corridor outside our room at 5am this morning. Dickheads!

I am astounded aghast even thai women scammed well that's one for the book I always thought thai women were clever they certainly pulled a lot of strokes and to be scammed by Nigerians that's something else .

Delighted to see them getting caught.. Now deport them back to their own country and blacklist their passports to Thailand..

As for the Thai lady transferring THB 160,000 on basis of a picture.. ??? Well that is just plain stupid....

If you said ' blacklist a Nigerian's passport ' in the UK .............tut-tut very un P C.

The victim, whose name was withheld, told police that she met a man online via chat application and the man claimed to be a white American, called Kelvin David.

It makes me feel quite nostalgic for the good old days of Prince Abubu sending me personal emails every morning, promising to share his palace that was brimming with gold bullion and fine raiments for me to wear as I swanned gracefully around the palace gardens. I liked all that, it was exotic and romantic, and made me feel like I was really special every time I went to read my emails.

This Kelvin David and gift parcel business, will never come close to those fond memories I have of Prince Abubu.

coffee1.gif

Agree, and the princess Gugu Umbele with all her funds stuck in some Swiss Bank account.......

rumble at, it seems you are close to enlightenment.

So, what is your contribution to solve or minimize this hazard?

Education and information. Two things lead to people falling for online scams like these- lack of knowledge and letting greed cloud judgement. The first is simpler to tackle, the second is harder.

Mind you, not sure what that has to do with the dullards of ThaiVisa who flock to threads like these to trot out the same tired and battered cliches about dastardly Thai women ripping off the poor innocent farang. How do we minimise that hazard? laugh.png

rumble at, it seems you are close to enlightenment.

So, what is your contribution to solve or minimize this hazard?

Education and information. Two things lead to people falling for online scams like these- lack of knowledge and letting greed cloud judgement. The first is simpler to tackle, the second is harder.

Mind you, not sure what that has to do with the dullards of ThaiVisa who flock to threads like these to trot out the same tired and battered cliches about dastardly Thai women ripping off the poor innocent farang. How do we minimise that hazard? laugh.png

Spot on

Glad these thieves were caught.

Pick up a girl in the bar and expect her to be Mother Theresa, idiots.

Small minority of Thai women are like this!

The vast majority of Thai women are like any others, decent and honest.