Quick O Visa Question

Hello!

I'm certain this has been asked or covered a million times before but sadly none of my searches came up with an answer so here goes....

Regarding the O visa. I am engaged and we are pushing ahead with the paperwork before the religious ceremony. My question is regarding income. I make more than the requested amount a month and I am going to schedule an appointment with the US embassy for an Affidavit of Income. With that in mind, my funds are currently deposited every two weeks from within the US to my bank account in the US. I understand if showing 400,000 baht this money needs to have been in a Thai account for two months. Regarding regular income, must this also be deposited into a Thai account? Can I simply use my American account to qualify for this? Please let me know, thank you for your time.

It does not need to be deposited in a Thai account. That is why many people choose to use the income method. You can keep your money working where you want.

Not 100% true. Some immigration offices will want to see other moneys inside Thailand as they are looking for what your actually living on. Your income letter will qualify you but you need to be prepared for the other.

• Like 1

It does not need to be deposited in a Thai account. That is why many people choose to use the income method. You can keep your money working where you want.

Not 100% true. Some immigration offices will want to see other moneys inside Thailand as they are looking for what your actually living on. Your income letter will qualify you but you need to be prepared for the other.

My bank statement with frequent withdraws from ATM's in Thailand (I know that this is not wise, I do have a Bangkok bank account available for transfer) would suffice, would it not?

Very few offices insist that a bank book showing funds coming in a back up to the income document. income is needed. Most of the few that ask for back up will accept a US bank account showing funds and ATM transfers to here. However a bank book for an account here that shows regular transfers in is by far the best proof.

You will do an income affidavit at the embassy to prove your income. See: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/notarial-services.html#income_affidavit

You will not get through the front doors at the embassy unless you have an appointment. Info is on same page I posted a link to.

My bank statement with frequent withdraws from ATM's in Thailand (I know that this is not wise, I do have a Bangkok bank account available for transfer) would suffice, would it not?

Yes on both. Thats what I do. Either option is accepted by my immigration office.

Dependent upon your bank I think you will find sending money to your Bangkok Bank account via their branch in New Your would be less costly than doing ATM withdrawals. It costs me about $12 a month to bring my money in.

See here for info: http://www.bangkokbank.com/BANGKOKBANK/INTERNATIONALNETWORK/INTERNATIONALBRANCHES/NORTHAMERICA/Pages/BranchinUSA.aspx

• Like 1

"You will not get through the front doors at the embassy unless you have an appointment. Info is on same page I posted a link to."

Or go to one of the ACS outreach visits where no appointment is needed.

"You will not get through the front doors at the embassy unless you have an appointment. Info is on same page I posted a link to."

Or go to one of the ACS outreach visits where no appointment is needed.

The outreaches are not convenient or anywhere near where they live for everybody.

You need to learn to use the quote button instead of quoting a small portion of a post.

"The outreaches are not convenient or anywhere near where they live for everybody."

"You need to learn to use the quote button instead of quoting a small portion of a post."

The 'Or' I posted was giving them a potential option.

Some might not be aware that there even is an option for American citizens.

"The outreaches are not convenient or anywhere near where they live for everybody."

"You need to learn to use the quote button instead of quoting a small portion of a post."

The 'Or' I posted was giving them a potential option.

Some might not be aware that there even is an option for American citizens.

And you still haven't fathomed the use of the quote button.

• Like 1

You should get a letter from your bank manager if you want to show your bank balance as part of the equation for an extension. Baht 100 at Bangkok Bank. Copies are OK for visa applications or conversion to a non-Imm O, but the original should be submitted for the extension.

I have sufficient income, documented by my embassy letter, but also get a letter from my bank manager that indicates foreign sourced deposits, along with copies of my bank book that show both deposits and withdrawals. Probably not absolutely necessary if you have the income letter, but having it all there has resulted in very quick process for the renewal.