Salsa Baby!

khall64au

Am visiting Hua Hin 13-15 Sept - this week - and need to write a swinging article for a young readership (18-45 yrs) ... any idea any where to go, what to do, who to talk to?

My angle is "Salsa baby: Get down (to Hua Hin)" ... :D

Help!!!!! :o

OK - let me put it this way - if any TV members would like me to visit their business in Hua Hin with the view of a mention in airline magazine article - feel free to PM me.

Will be in HH tomorrow.

:D

Am visiting Hua Hin 13-15 Sept - this week - and need to write a swinging article for a young readership (18-45 yrs) ... any idea any where to go, what to do, who to talk to?

OK - let me put it this way - if any TV members would like me to visit their business in Hua Hin with the view of a mention in airline magazine article - feel free to PM me.

Will be in HH tomorrow.

You're on the wrong forum - don't give up the day job!

You don't have an angle, you have a title. Not the same thing.

Might be a good idea to work out your subject first. The title usually comes last.

"A swinging article" would refer to style not subject.

"Young readership (18-45 yrs)..." well good luck on finding stuff that interests people both 18 and 45.

Might be a good idea to work out your subject first. The title usually comes last.

"Young readership (18-45 yrs)..." well good luck on finding stuff that interests people both 18 and 45.

Despite being thrown a last minute assignment and a total of 36 hrs in the region, I got my story

(& my salsa) and some magic photos in out-of-way- places that probably you locals don't even know about..... thanks for all your help!!! :D

Despite being thrown a last minute assignment and a total of 36 hrs in the region, I got my story

(& my salsa) and some magic photos in out-of-way- places that probably you locals don't even know about..... thanks for all your help!!! :D

Glad to see you made out. Last-minute assignments are the reporter's life...I was one for 20 years.

Glad to see you made out. Last-minute assignments are the reporter's life...I was one for 20 years.

Cheers Johnnyk... are you still writing? :D

Irrespective, you can learn litle about Hua Hin from this forum - JK knows that. I'm amazed anyone still bothers?

Irrespective, you can learn litle about Hua Hin from this forum - JK knows that. I'm amazed anyone still bothers?

We're hoping to change that Ollie... am happy to share what I learned if you're interested!!! :D

and some magic photos in out-of-way- places that probably you locals don't even know about.....

how can you assume that you have somehow managed to discover "magic out of the way places" that have remained strangely hidden to locals and residents.

"magic out of the way" places , (and there are many in the prajuap/phetchaburi area) are better off left unpublicised , left to be come upon accidently by those exploring the area.

especially if that publicity is in one of the throwaway magazines that live in the rack next to the toilet on aircraft and written by a "journalist" literally begging for the chance to give free plugs to local businesses.

you'd be better employed in benidorm or blackpool.......

selling timeshare!

Edited by taxexile

and some magic photos in out-of-way- places that probably you locals don't even know about.....

how can you assume that you have somehow managed to discover "magic out of the way places" that have remained strangely hidden to locals and residents.

"magic out of the way" places , (and there are many in the prajuap/phetchaburi area) are better off left unpublicised , left to be come upon accidently by those exploring the area.

especially if that publicity is in one of the throwaway magazines that live in the rack next to the toilet on aircraft and written by a "journalist" literally begging for the chance to give free plugs to local businesses.

you'd be better employed in benidorm or blackpool.......

selling timeshare!

Well, taxexile... nice chatting with you too! :D Most people I know actually think Hua Hin is a boring place. My challenge was to prove them wrong.... :D

Since, my taxi-driver and other HH locals had no idea of the whereabouts of my pre-researched destinations - written in Thai - I can assume that my chosen topics were a little off-beat. With only one full day to get out there, find the places and get the shots required - time was of the essence.

I thank those expat locals who took the time to share local knowledge and give me assistance with the help of their friendly Thai staff. Indeed, a small mention in my feature is all I can do to help them promote business in the beautiful region in which they call home.

There are some jewels in the region and maybe a few adventurers will stumble upon them - after all, I'm not about to give directions ... it's all about discovery, ain't it? :o

Oh and btw... this is how I felt when I read your nasty, bitchy post: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2228796688476060493

Well Khall,

Your comments are a little patronising! In one day, you did all there is to see, little known out of the way places? Now I'm hardly an expert on the area and I'm glad you took some advice from the local ex-pats, after all a lot have been there a long time. But what can you really achieve in a day?

I've been travelling there since 2000 and find and learn something new everytime I'm there. Had a car for 10 days in the area recently and still only skimmed the surface of the region - north, south and west.

If anyone thinks HH is boring, fine - let them. They can go somewhere else. Tha place is changing rapidly enough as it is.

Well Khall,

Your comments are a little patronising! In one day, you did all there is to see, little known out of the way places? Now I'm hardly an expert on the area and I'm glad you took some advice from the local ex-pats, after all a lot have been there a long time. But what can you really achieve in a day?

I've been travelling there since 2000 and find and learn something new everytime I'm there. Had a car for 10 days in the area recently and still only skimmed the surface of the region - north, south and west.

If anyone thinks HH is boring, fine - let them. They can go somewhere else. Tha place is changing rapidly enough as it is.

Aaaaaw c'mon Ollie... it looks like it's you, me, johnnyk, kayo and "special guest" whatsisname... and none of us even live in Hua Hin. :D Oh well, hasta la vista ... btw did you notice that the landscape to the south seriously resembles the Yucatan Penisula of Mexico? :o

Anyways... thanks for all the input! Am writing up the story now, will be sure not to mention the murder stemming from the Rainbow Bar. Am sure there are plenty of positives in the region as it sure looked beautiful to me.

I must say, this thread has been so unhelpful... too bad!

Anyways... thanks for all the input! Am writing up the story now, will be sure not to mention the murder stemming from the Rainbow Bar. Am sure there are plenty of positives in the region as it sure looked beautiful to me.

Bye.

Please have the decency of letting us know where the article is published, if.

Oliie

Aaaaaw c'mon Ollie... it looks like it's you, me, johnnyk, kayo and "special guest" whatsisname... and none of us even live in Hua Hin.

Well johnnyk lives in the area I believe some of the time, sure he's bought a house here also taxexile!

As for getting around more than one hidden 'out-of-way place' and getting a good feel for them in one day, well I reckon that's pants. I can make my back garden here in HH look a beauty spot on film and it's also 'out-of-way'. 1 day and you are dictacting to Expats about so called 'out-of-way' no wonder there is so much junk on paper!

Edited by jflundy

Bye.

Please have the decency of letting us know where the article is published, if.

Oliie

Ok Ollie, will post a link to the online version when it goes up - may be a few months though. Apologies for winding you guys up... until then! :D:o

Edited by khall64au

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I see what you mean... bad networks bad!!! Can assure you, my story is lurking out there 'cos I saw it with my very own eyes just hours ago - PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!!!

Their server is down. I tried to access it from the Tiger Airways main page and couldn't... :o

Will try again later...

Cheers,

Mike

Sorry Tiger Tales (Tiger air) mag server still down - to tell the truth my past month... or more, has been filled with online server nightmares ... with a capial N!!!!

Not happy.... but what can we do??

Current prob? We are looking for a Hua Hin feature story in Tiger Tales!

In it's abscence we are going to read another feature - written by me - the same author: http://www.one2go-magazine.com/insidestory.htm