Neighbours won't eat food from my house.

they might feel more at ease if you wore pants.

Underpants that is....cheesy.gif

SO...where did you carry the Jar of Vegemite???...

Sorry Weegee my old buddy...I took it to you under the seat.

But don't worry.....I had clean undies on that day.

Whew!!...thats a relief to hear...biggrin.png

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my minds eye I see a guy driving up to his driveway. Pulling into the carport, hoping off a Honda PCX and popping the seat up to get the groceries out. Kinda like where I live. Where all the Thai neighbors do the same.......

It is a PCX.

So....so far, one other poster has heard of the same thing, and one, you, the opposite.

Interesting.....perhaps it's a locale thing. Since being told the reason for the neighbours not wanting food from me anymore, I have observed carefully everyone in the market every morning. I have never seen anybody put food under the seat. Same at the supermarket.

I'm down South.

I mentioned to a farang chap from around here...he'd never heard of it, but he said it sounds similar to how men will not walk under a washing line with ladies underwear on it, and how female muay Thai boxers have to enter the ring under the bottom rope so as their nether regions don't go over the rope.

Underpants that is....cheesy.gif

Whew!!...thats a relief to hear...biggrin.png

I can't vouch for Mrs S though, sitting behind me.

I hope it tastes ok.

Underpants that is....

But would that make the Vegemite any worse? Or perhaps even improve it?

We are in the Pub Section, right?

Gawd ...dont tell me you eat that revolting Marmite, do you?bah.gif

What's their view then on dogs lying about the place in restaurants...BTW...my wife (Thai) says that's a load of cobblers about bringing food home under the seat (with words to that effect). She asked do Falangs think we are stupid? (her words exactly).

Too easy if your bike does not have a hook put one there by the steering column, respect local views. This might be related to why you never touch an adult Thai on the head as the head is the furthest away from the ground. I was told by my ex-girlfriend I could only touch the top of her head a little bit when we are romantic. There were other places to touch so it was all good.

I am told it has more to do with what else is under the seat. Usually spare motor oil, brake fluid and the like is kept there, and food will absorb the odour. Nothing to do with being under your butt.

Possible - When you bring food for the monks and give alms in the morning you are also not putting it under the seat even so my lassie bought it from the market and put it under the seat.

I think they are a bit old fashioned so I would just ignore it.

aw buggarit, I passed this one to the missus, and she flat out says "No, because you sit on it".

So it doesn't matter at all to her about there being a storage cavity.

About the closest analogy to something I wouldn't eat is:

someone else's old sticky lollie that I find stuck to the underside of the lounge-chair cushion (at least this is real!!)

The same thing applies to Thai men not walking under a washing line, or under a dogs running lead line which I have for my dog. All akin I suppose to in the UK it's bad luck to open an umbrella indoors or put shoes on the table.

Kind of odd if the whole perception about being under the seat is that it is close to the bottoms - if you hang your food shopping on the hook under the handlebars, it is right in front of the balls (sorry not sure how to say it better, but you know what i meant)

Oh man. .... that's great to know that they dislike that. From now on I would ALWAYS put my stuff under the motorcycle seat, just to make sure that they don't drink your beer and eat your food. That will help you to save a lot of money.

Edited by dodojero

I have had my bottom placed in close proximity above the food.

In today's world...there are many more bottom-feeders than there used to be...

Maybe if you exposed your bum to them...they would see that it is not lethal...smile.png

Possible - When you bring food for the monks and give alms in the morning you are also not putting it under the seat even so my lassie bought it from the market and put it under the seat.

I think they are a bit old fashioned so I would just ignore it.

If I wasn't so lazy and could be bothered to get up early and cook some "food" for the local "monks" the fact that my ass had been hovering over it would be the least of their worries, those thieving vile beggars wouldn't be back to my place for second helpings I can tell you!

Do they happen to know most plant foods are raised in dirt, aka soil? And the best of those have all sorts of "organic matter" in them? Such as rotting compost, bacteria, microscopic bugs, feces, and all that? Maybe put a powerpoint presentation together to show them they are eating processed crap, literally, and that becomes them. This applies to meat too of course, usually just an extra step (dirt etc to veg to animal to human animal).

Op this must be the best thing thats ever happened to you... Its a god send.. Put your beer under the seat... No more feeding them..perfect.

Sent from my c64