Russian woman robbed in Bangkok

Thaivisa News

My friend had his phone stolen like that in Kuala Lumpur

I had something stolen in Barcelona on Las Ramblas - Thailand is very safe for tourists compared to most cities in the world. I spent years wandering around back streets at all hours drunk and never got mugged.

Are you bragging or complaining?

Is anyone else getting tired of this obvious clickbait? Someone of whichsoever nationality getting robbed/assaulted in any country is 'news' now? Guess so as they are able to report on sod all else. Oh wait! Same as before then.

In a civilized country the authorities do not charge you to file a report and ask for a fee to pursue the criminal.

I was robbed in Geneva once and on another occasion in Amsterdam. My colleagues briefcase was snatched in Paris.

U.K and the U.S have numerous cases of robbers and the U.S of course is notorious for gun violence.

T.V has an abundance of Thai Bashers, who ae only there to make callous remarks. Their only pleasure in life seems to be attacking Thais and Asians for that matter by looking at those profiles.

These are sick individuals are losers who have no other satisfaction in life

Agree. Weak people 'attack' the perceived weak. I have experienced 'theft' crime in other areas of 'our' world. Seems that the experts on TV, exclusive though they are, simply dwell on negatives. It's their thing of course...

Can happen everywhere. It happened to me in Barcelona. Have I complaint all Spaniards?

No and neither do you go on about Spanishness.

The problem is that the Thai bashers don;t have the slightest idea what Thainess is.

It is a topic that they are taught in school - "kwam bpen thai" which, in the curriculum says - "The GOOD characteristics of a Thai - eg, 'benevolence, compassion, sacrifice, deference, dress conduct, selflessness, protecting the development and continuation of these POSITIVE traits, reverence for the king, teachers and elders etc.

For some idiot to say, theft, corruption etc is Thainess is pure ignorance.

I wish all students would take the Thainess lesson onboard, but as we all know any transgression can be quickley recinded by a trip to the Wat.

Thai is not a race... you can't refer to Anti-Thainess as racism, get your facts straight if you want to have an opinion !

If you "want to have an opinion" (do you mean express an opinion?) check on the meaning of "being pedantic" first.

Is anyone else getting tired of this obvious clickbait? Someone of whichsoever nationality getting robbed/assaulted in any country is 'news' now? Guess so as they are able to report on sod all else. Oh wait! Same as before then.

In a civilized country the authorities do not charge you to file a report and ask for a fee to pursue the criminal.

Neither do the authorities here in Thailand, as evidenced by this case.

Edited by Sviss Geez

I was robbed in Geneva once and on another occasion in Amsterdam. My colleague’s briefcase was snatched in Paris.

U.K and the U.S have numerous cases of robbers and the U.S of course is notorious for gun violence.

T.V has an abundance of Thai Bashers, who ae only there to make callous remarks. Their only pleasure in life seems to be attacking Thais and Asians for that matter by looking at those profiles.

Utter Bee Ess.

Of the approx. 28,000 gun deaths per year in the US, 2/3rds are suicides.

That leaves about 9,700 gun deaths per year in a country of 320 Million plus people.

Another issue is that a certain demographic that makes up about 5 or 6% of the population is responsible for over half of those gun deaths in cities like Chicago, Detroit, D.C., New Orleans, Baltimore, Oakland, etc...

BTW, Japan has a suicide rate 3x that of the US and they have virtually no guns, so blaming guns for suicide is a false argument.

Facts are that less than 10,000 gun deaths per year in a country of over 320 million people and over 180 Million gun owners is hardly "notorious" for gun violence.

As for so-called "Assault Rifles", less than 500 deaths per year. More murders are committed with knives and blunt objects than with rifles in the US.

Most of these gun deaths are gang-bangers killing off each other.

• 1 month later...

Happens everywhere else.

Everywhere else doesn't sell themselves to the rest of the world as some kind of bastion of morality.

The U.S. does and it's 10X more violent.

Edited by copa8

I was robbed in Geneva once and on another occasion in Amsterdam. My colleague’s briefcase was snatched in Paris.

I have been in some right Shit holes, Thailand include, I have never been robbed anywhere, because i am streetwise,

Pepper spray is kind of semi legal to carry around. It depends how and who you use it on basically.

As for the comment above, I'd never had any real problems in Thailand in 15 yrs until last year, when I was robbed in the early hours in Thonglor by a motorbike following me into the soi where I'd parked up.

I would suggest at night not using a shoulder bag of any sort, or using a phone in dark streets. There is only so much you can do tho.