Frenchman killed in South Pattaya Road Crash

Rimmer

Frenchman killed in South Pattaya Road Crash

french-1.jpg

PATTAYA:--On Sunday Morning a 67 year old Frenchman lost his life in a road crash on the Sukhumvit Road in South Pattaya, which Police suspect was caused due to an intoxicated car driver.

Police and medics rushed to the scene of the crash in front of Soi Sukhumvit 54 and close to the Tepprasit Road junction. Lying on the road next to his badly damaged motorbike was the body of Mr. Christian Brune. Police assumed from the level of damage and injuries sustained to Mr. Brune, that this was a high-speed impact.

At the location was the badly damaged Toyota Soluna of Khun Anaeg aged 39 who claims to work for Makro, located near the crash site. He told Police that he left the store and was preparing to make a U-turn at the Tepprasit Road junction when the motorbike of Mr. Brune, came out in front of him, allowing him no time to avoid a collision.

Read more:http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/194603/frenchman-killed-in-south-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2015-05-17

I rode by this accident very soon after the impact...

As soon as I realized what I was looking at, I looked away, but not before realizing the victim was farang.

Not 10 minutes earlier I had said to the lady riding pillion that "Sunday morning is a good time to ride. Not that many cars..."

The Frenchman probably thought the same thing. sad.png

It only takes one.

An employee leaving Makro drunk?

It's crazy and it won't stop. A few days ago, i ate a sandwich at a new bakery shop on second road jomtien. So i watched while eating how people do the u-turn. Within 20 minutes i saw two quite dangerous situations. No wonder they closing more and more u-turns....

I still do not understand why the BiB don't do their job. Jump over a red light, do a illegal u-turn, speeding. Who cares? Nobody. Not even the police.

And the carnage goes on....

What does that mean??

It's a Thai road issue, or a road fatality happens every 25 seconds worldwide?

Anyhow was the French guy wearing a helmet, and would it have made a difference?

What does that mean??

Anyhow was the French guy wearing a helmet, and would it have made a difference?

I also passed this shortly after it happened. heading north, first there was a large part of the bike fairing, then 40 meters further on the victims body and another 60 meters further along to the pickup truck with the greater part of the motorbike still jammed under the front bumper. A crash helmet would have done absolutely nothing for Mr. Brune.

RIP.

It's crazy and it won't stop. A few days ago, i ate a sandwich at a new bakery shop on second road jomtien. So i watched while eating how people do the u-turn. Within 20 minutes i saw two quite dangerous situations. No wonder they closing more and more u-turns....

I still do not understand why the BiB don't do their job. Jump over a red light, do a illegal u-turn, speeding. Who cares? Nobody. Not even the police.

If its the new bakery shop near the 7/11 directly opposite the u turn, then yes it is a dangerous u turn, although it should not be, given there is plenty of visibility up the road.

However i often find that the cars parked outside the bakery do not make it easy for u turns especially for bigger vehicles, as if the cars are not parked right outside the bakery but in the area between it at the 7/11, often larger vehicles cannot get round the u turn without having to back up once to make it round.

If people do not regularly use this u turn, and the cars coming down Jomtien road are not aware of the potential issue, i can slightly understand how issues can arise.

I know that U-turn. You only saw two? Must have been a very quiet day.

I drive past there multiple times every day and I see the aftermath of at least one accident every week, usually more. I saw two incidents there yesterday alone and one at the U-turn a few klm's south towards Boonkanjana. And I'd not rate yesterday as anything out of the ordinary.

I would now say that Jomtien 2nd Road is more dangerous to ride than Sukhumvit.

What does that mean??

I thought my Statment was obvious..., Ok for you....

What I meant was , and as the stats say, Thailand is one of the most dangerous countries to be driving anything on the road....

I read something tragic everyday... Sad....

Thai kills farang whilst drunk, shhhh,nothing will happen, farang kills thai all hell breaks loose they come out of the woodwork baying for money and blood, but first the money, i would like to see the follow up to this story, but I don't think so, again

Thai kills farang whilst drunk, shhhh,nothing will happen, farang kills thai all hell breaks loose they come out of the woodwork baying for money and blood, but first the money, i would like to see the follow up to this story, but I don't think so, again

. I was struck by a Man driving a Company Truck, I Got Nothing but a Trip to Hospital, Those Joker Jomtien Cops...

I've been living and working mainly in Thailand since 1970...Nothing about police attitudes or duties will ever change. Don't strain your brain....This country has been running like this for centuries!

What does that mean??

Would wearing a helmet or not have stopped / prevented the accident??

What does that mean??

I also passed this shortly after it happened. heading north, first there was a large part of the bike fairing, then 40 meters further on the victims body and another 60 meters further along to the pickup truck with the greater part of the motorbike still jammed under the front bumper. A crash helmet would have done absolutely nothing for Mr. Brune.

RIP.

You must have passed something else, because there was no pick up truck involved, it was a Toyota Soluna, which is confirmed by the picture of it in the Pattaya one article.

Keep in mind that I wasn't in full "record" mode once I realized what I was looking at, but....

There was definitely a motorbike wedged underneath a truck a fair bit further (50-100m?) down the road. Not a Soluna.

Perhaps collateral damage.

UTurns Are A Death Sentence in This Country...Especially the Main Roads. RIP

. It should be Mandatory you drive 24/7 with Headlamps on, I've been cited in Khon Kaen for driving on bypass rd. to Korat SB for Headlamps being on, 100 baht , hard to explain a Safety Issue to a Thai Officer, he even told me it was for a cup of tea, TIT

UTurns Are A Death Sentence in This Country...Especially the Main Roads. RIP

I wonder how many accidents there are each year over LoS with people trying to do U turns. 2 drivers in cars looking at each other ,neither daring to pull out into the main stream of traffic. Solution could be roundabouts , but we know Thais don't understand them.

he was drunk, so he didn't know what he did !

will he be responsible as tHAI IF HE DIDN#T KNOW IT ??

Gotta be careful what we we wish for but...

If the Highway Police just cruised Sukumvit from Naklua to Na Jomtien and back again,and lit the cherries up when warranted (constant on thumbsup.gif ), would be a good earner and a notice to the "who, me?" drivers....

When I first moved to Thailand in 2009, my girlfriend and I got to go out for an evening in her companiy's van, driven to a uselss dildo who worked for the same boss. After we all ate and drank a lot ( ate but I don't drink alcohol) and karaoke'd the night away, he was driving back and I watched him, unbelievably, pull into the U-turn, slowly, without paying an attention to the traffic and slowly edging out into the light night traffic, as the Thais do for reasons unknown, and then sneak into the lane and then - to my total unbelief = SLOWLY accelerated and got into his lane as headlights raced at us from both directions and swerved around us. He did not even understand <deleted> I was yelling about as I tried to make he get a clue that he was endangering everyone by acting oblivious to the life-and-death situation he had created. I was all I could do to not move over and stomp on his foot to accelerate out of danger.

IN time I came to realize that this is how all of these people drive. They have no concern about vehicles coming up behind them at highway speeds and zero awareness of all the lives they are endangering by just moving over to the right to get into a U-turn lane without looking to see if the next lane is clear to move into; they don't think about the looking into the reaview mirror to ascertain if someone is coming up behind or on the side before deciding to move left or right - or to just STOP - to buy mangoes or bullshit with a friend. ANd many of them disregard the lane marking anyway, preferring to just drive like a mob down the street, passing anyone or being passed without respect for anyone's right of way.

Later on, while riding in a different g/f's car on a trip from CM to Phrae, I could not get over it that she disregarded lanes and acceleratd so slowly as to cause traffic snarles and yet drove too fast on the highway. When I tried to force her to get the point, even drawing pictures and emphasising that she would lose her license in one day driving in L.A., with so many violations - she replied that she had been driving 29 years without an accident - and she would not tolerate the loss of face I put on her.

Just saying that you have accept T.I.T. and get with it or go home does not solve anything. This carnage will go on until the government takes responsibility to teach people to drive properly and trains competent police to enforce traffic regulations consistenty.

Archived