Despite the coup, Thailand is 'friends with every country,' minister says

webfact

Pathetic really,..like the nerd saying those chicks like me ...standing alone at the prom.

Australia still bans the military from even travel to its shore ( Thai government)

It's like having a date where she turns up to eat ( trade deals ) and you don't get anything and are not allowed to drive her home , and even claim it happened.

It's most embarrassing .

The Thai leader went near Tony Abbott to talk and Abbott immediately ignored him and spoke to the Japanese leader.

The Swiss leader shunned him.

This idea the world is friends mistakes the diplomatic cycle with something deeper..

Perhaps when sanctions bite and stronger language is applied the emotional maturity of the Thai government will improve and it can face the reality it's unappealing to all and sundry and only being used for what it can offer.

Which increasingly isn't much.

Wow, if this current circus is embarrassing for you I hate to think how you felt about the previous government freak show and the message they sent the world - leader in "self imposed exile", blockading of the capital city, destroying government and privately owned infrastructure, terrorists in the employ of the leader attacking the army etc etc etc.

Cannot imagine how you must have felt. Were you hiding behind the sofa, you drama queen you ? clap2.gif

Only a true drama queen applauds her own performance....the topic is the statement that "Foreign Minister General Tanasak Patimapragorn insisted the Kingdom's status on the global stage remained unchanged" ,which is patently untrue, with human trafficking, looming trade sanctions, the lottery and the PM's buddies, with the poor evicted from land, with Herr Suthep declaring he and the PM designed the coup months before it happened.

Maybe propaganda is more important than truth to you. ?

wai2.gif

Didn't the previous regime engage in the same sort of bullshite propaganda?

Trafficking was an issue then, as was IP infringement, counterfeiting, the rice scheme (World Bank, IMF, Moody's), issues with child labor, slave labor etc etc.

Remember when some PTP lackey even suggested Yingluck was being considered for a Nobel Prize facepalm.gif

Thai governments of whatever persuasion and allegiance are made up of Thai people - same same but different.

Nothing changes other than the pockets that get filled. Don't you think the international community are aware of this? Apart from blurting out the usual tripe they always do, most couldn't giver a toss about Thailand. No oil, gas or earth metals to worry about.

Wasn't he refused entry to the U.S. ?

No.

What you are referring to was Prayut's possible attendance to a UN meeting in NYC. The US as host for the UN facilities cannot block attendace by heads of state unless there is an international arrest warrant. However, if Prayut were to apply for a US tourist visa instead of a diplomatice visa, he would certainly be denied.

How do you know what the US policy would be on issuing visas?

They issued a visa to a known criminal fugitive, who was then met with lots of protests from his own nationals there.

since when does Thailand decide which countries like them or not?

Since Uncle Too siezed power and enacted article 44 and threatened to execute anyone who didn't say nice things about him and his country.

Would you like to provide the link which quotes the words you claim he said please?

Or, alternatively feel free to admit you made it up.

yea I made it up. He didn't stage a coup and sieze the country, he didn't enact article 44 and he didn't threaten to shoot journalist who didn't say nice thing about him. This whole coup and aftermath have just been a very bad nightmare.

Since Uncle Too siezed power and enacted article 44 and threatened to execute anyone who didn't say nice things about him and his country.

Would you like to provide the link which quotes the words you claim he said please?

wow 4 posts one after the other going for a record?

the facts are... the country was seized by the Army with guns and there is no democracy - what more do you need? of course the international community abhors junta's as you should too

None of your business how many posts I or anyone else writes - or what I abhor.

The facts are the previous government was corrupt, lied, ignored the law, refused any kind of transparency and were hell bent of doing as Thaksin instructed and pushing through a whitewash amnesty for him, his family and all his lackeys. Totally abhorrent to anyone with a sense of decency.

They were removed because they were refusing to apply law and order, and many would say actually promoting violence and murder of their opponents (Chalerm's not so veiled threats); and also openly calling for the illegal forming of an independent state, then name of which you choose for you avatar. Although that threat was quickly downplayed when some woke up to the consequences.

They were replaced my a military Junta who appear to have little concern for democracy and may or may not change things for the better. Time will tell. There has been a considerable amount of cleaning up and removing of the corrupt. What will the replacements be like as yet to be seen.

The international community (well certain parts of it) say the usual things. Yet many of those who condemned Thailand's coup d'etat supported the Ukrainian one which led to the breakaway of Crimea and the current mess. But, Thailand is still probably viewed as a venue for tourists and entertainment, that seems riddled with corruption and unable to change.

The facts are the previous government was corrupt, lied, ignored the law, refused any kind of transparency and were hell bent of doing as Thaksin instructed and pushing through a whitewash amnesty for him, his family and all his lackeys. Totally abhorrent to anyone with a sense of decency.

They were removed because they were refusing to apply law and order, and many would say actually promoting violence and murder of their opponents (Chalerm's not so veiled threats); and also openly calling for the illegal forming of an independent state, then name of which you choose for you avatar. Although that threat was quickly downplayed when some woke up to the consequences.

They were replaced my a military Junta who appear to have little concern for democracy and may or may not change things for the better. Time will tell. There has been a considerable amount of cleaning up and removing of the corrupt. What will the replacements be like as yet to be seen.

The international community (well certain parts of it) say the usual things. Yet many of those who condemned Thailand's coup d'etat supported the Ukrainian one which led to the breakaway of Crimea and the current mess. But, Thailand is still probably viewed as a venue for tourists and entertainment, that seems riddled with corruption and unable to change.

"Yet many of those who condemned Thailand's coup d'etat supported the Ukrainian one"

making it up again?

yea I made it up. He didn't stage a coup and sieze the country, he didn't enact article 44 and he didn't threaten to shoot journalist who didn't say nice thing about him. This whole coup and aftermath have just been a very bad nightmare.

No, you twisted and exaggerated and took things out of context and placed them in the context you wanted.

You must live a very different world to me. Our worldviews and mental models construct things so differently.

The totally corrupt previous regime, which allowed a convicted fugitive to run the country, intimidated, attacked, and murdered opponents. and innocents who got in the way, lied, broke laws and regulations at will, refused to obey the courts, provide accounts or any transparency are supported - because the were elected. What a joke. In your country, as in most, the previous gang would be in prison waiting trials.

A non democratic Junta, imposing laws and running the country as they see fit is not desirable. But the previous regime were hardly democratic in the way they governed either. If they'd got the amnesty bill through and brought Thaksin home, the feted conquering hero, then the nightmare would have been, IMO, much much worse. The retribution, the corruption, the stranglehold on free speech, the way opposition would've been dealt with under a Thaksin autocracy is very scary to think about.

Edited by Baerboxer

The Kingdoms status on the world stage remains unchanged. Says who, Thailand or the International community. If everyone is still mates and buddies with Thailand why is it that Thailand is the only one in the class who doesn't get invited to the birthday party.

Ms. Bishop seems to be matey and visits. Guess Abbot forgot to tell her about the ban on Junta members. Or is that just for appearances - say one thing and do the opposite?

Australia - who takes them seriously?

You might wish to review her itinerary, who she met with and read the transcript of what she publicly said. Do you consider her to be matey and straying from Australian foreign policy when she said the following:

Transcript, E&OE Bangkok, Thailand 9 May 2015

JULIE BISHOP: ..................... I will reiterate Australia's support for a return to democracy here. We look forward to welcoming Thailand back into the countries that embrace democracy as a fundamental value.

She just yanked someone's chain didn't she?

JOURNALIST: Minister, Gwen Robinson, Nikkei Asian Review. You're also seeing the key opposition politician Abhisit and former Prime Minister Yingluck. I was just wondering if you could tell us what kind of messages or, you know, priorities that you've got in discussions with them?

JULIE BISHOP: Well it is a common practice for me as Foreign Minister to meet with representatives from all sides of politics when I visit a country and so I am taking the opportunity to meet with the former Prime Ministers. Again it's an exchange of ideas and views. I'm here to listen to better understand the situation in Thailand and to gain some understanding of where politics will head over the coming months and years, and so I am looking forward to meeting with them, to gaining their ideas and perspectives. Likewise, I'm sure we'll have a very full agenda in my discussions with the Deputy Prime Minister and the Prime Minister.

Translation: It is unusual for a foreign minister to meet with opposition leaders and a deposed prime minister. It means she places a value on their position and this is a subtle reinforcement that the government of Australia sees them as legitimate participants in the political process.

JOURNALIST: This is Suppattra from ABC. Do you think Thailand is moving fast enough toward democracy, and what would be your suggestion toward Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha?

JULIE BISHOP: This is clearly a matter for the Thai people. Thailand has a long history. There have been some political challenges. Australia has made its views known in recent times about the political challenges. We want to support Thailand in returning to democracy. But ultimately the pace will be determined by the support that the Thai people give to this process. But I'll be very interested to hear from the Prime Minister and the Deputy Prime Minister as to progress. There are constitutional issues to be determined. There is the timing around that, and I'm here to understand the proposed process.

Translation: Diplomatic fluff around the key point that figures in all of her answers - A return to democracy.

JOURNALIST: Rob Corben, Australian Associated Press. Do you feel that Thailand is moving back on that, the road map? Are you satisfied, is Australia satisfied by their moving, it's moving in the right direction?

JULIE BISHOP: We certainly follow this issue very closely and we are concerned to ensure that all countries in our region are peaceful and stable, and hopefully prosperous. We were concerned by the events here in Thailand and we stated so at the time. But my visit here is designed to understand more about the progress that is being made and the government thinking around a return to democracy and the timeframe in which that will occur. So I'm here to understand more deeply the process that we understand is underway.

Translation: Reinforcement of Australia's position on democracy in Thailand. She is calling the general out on his yet to be determined, but promised return to democracy.

Please do not misinterpret politeness and diplomatic talk for approval. It's an understandable mistake. Australians tend to speak bluntly, to the point and are not given to empty words. When an Australian is in diplomatic speech mode, it can indeed be confusing.wink.png

Edited by geriatrickid

No, you twisted and exaggerated and took things out of context and placed them in the context you wanted.

You must live a very different world to me. Our worldviews and mental models construct things so differently.

The totally corrupt previous regime, which allowed a convicted fugitive to run the country, intimidated, attacked, and murdered opponents. and innocents who got in the way, lied, broke laws and regulations at will, refused to obey the courts, provide accounts or any transparency are supported - because the were elected. What a joke. In your country, as in most, the previous gang would be in prison waiting trials.

A non democratic Junta, imposing laws and running the country as they see fit is not desirable. But the previous regime were hardly democratic in the way they governed either. If they'd got the amnesty bill through and brought Thaksin home, the feted conquering hero, then the nightmare would have been, IMO, much much worse. The retribution, the corruption, the stranglehold on free speech, the way opposition would've been dealt with under a Thaksin autocracy is very scary to think about.

Elected democratically every time and still loved by millions. I am not a supporter of him coming back but your judgement is flawed and hysterical

"Yet many of those who condemned Thailand's coup d'etat supported the Ukrainian one"

making it up again?

No, unlike you I actually read and follow the news.

The West supported the removal of an elected, and arguably corrupt, President. (Who Russia supports). In Thailand the West didn't support the removal of an elected and arguably corrupt caretaker regime.

See the irony?

Elected democratically every time and still loved by millions. I am not a supporter of him coming back but your judgement is flawed and hysterical

Don't be silly. What's hysterical ? Do you understand what the word means?

Loved my millions, hated by millions. But, a convicted criminal fugitive also wanted on 15 serious charges. Unable legally to stand for election. Non elected. But, the country was handed over to this man by those that were elected as he pays them.

And you think that's democratic, and legal.

And you think my judgement is flawed! Good luck - you'll need it.

making it up again?

The West supported the removal of an elected, and arguably corrupt, President. (Who Russia supports). In Thailand the West didn't support the removal of an elected and arguably corrupt caretaker regime.

See the irony?

you have a political agenda (which is fair enough)

but you obviously set yourself fairly low standards (then fail to achieve them) in your analysis and make tons of presumptions and you must KNOW that we cannot discuss the real reasons here yet you continue to spew out the yellow propaganda "as if' it were true

The Kingdoms status on the world stage remains unchanged. Says who, Thailand or the International community. If everyone is still mates and buddies with Thailand why is it that Thailand is the only one in the class who doesn't get invited to the birthday party.

Ms. Bishop seems to be matey and visits. Guess Abbot forgot to tell her about the ban on Junta members. Or is that just for appearances - say one thing and do the opposite?

Australia - who takes them seriously?

You might wish to review her itinerary, who she met with and read the transcript of what she publicly said. Do you consider her to be matey and straying from Australian foreign policy when she said the following:

Transcript, E&OE Bangkok, Thailand 9 May 2015

JULIE BISHOP: ..................... I will reiterate Australia's support for a return to democracy here. We look forward to welcoming Thailand back into the countries that embrace democracy as a fundamental value.

She just yanked someone's chain didn't she?

JOURNALIST: Minister, Gwen Robinson, Nikkei Asian Review. You're also seeing the key opposition politician Abhisit and former Prime Minister Yingluck. I was just wondering if you could tell us what kind of messages or, you know, priorities that you've got in discussions with them?

JULIE BISHOP: Well it is a common practice for me as Foreign Minister to meet with representatives from all sides of politics when I visit a country and so I am taking the opportunity to meet with the former Prime Ministers. Again it's an exchange of ideas and views. I'm here to listen to better understand the situation in Thailand and to gain some understanding of where politics will head over the coming months and years, and so I am looking forward to meeting with them, to gaining their ideas and perspectives. Likewise, I'm sure we'll have a very full agenda in my discussions with the Deputy Prime Minister and the Prime Minister.

Translation: It is unusual for a foreign minister to meet with opposition leaders and a deposed prime minister. It means she places a value on their position and this is a subtle reinforcement that the government of Australia sees them as legitimate participants in the political process.

JOURNALIST: This is Suppattra from ABC. Do you think Thailand is moving fast enough toward democracy, and what would be your suggestion toward Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha?

JULIE BISHOP: This is clearly a matter for the Thai people. Thailand has a long history. There have been some political challenges. Australia has made its views known in recent times about the political challenges. We want to support Thailand in returning to democracy. But ultimately the pace will be determined by the support that the Thai people give to this process. But I'll be very interested to hear from the Prime Minister and the Deputy Prime Minister as to progress. There are constitutional issues to be determined. There is the timing around that, and I'm here to understand the proposed process.

Translation: Diplomatic fluff around the key point that figures in all of her answers - A return to democracy.

JOURNALIST: Rob Corben, Australian Associated Press. Do you feel that Thailand is moving back on that, the road map? Are you satisfied, is Australia satisfied by their moving, it's moving in the right direction?

JULIE BISHOP: We certainly follow this issue very closely and we are concerned to ensure that all countries in our region are peaceful and stable, and hopefully prosperous. We were concerned by the events here in Thailand and we stated so at the time. But my visit here is designed to understand more about the progress that is being made and the government thinking around a return to democracy and the timeframe in which that will occur. So I'm here to understand more deeply the process that we understand is underway.

Translation: Reinforcement of Australia's position on democracy in Thailand. She is calling the general out on his yet to be determined, but promised return to democracy.

Please do not misinterpret politeness and diplomatic talk for approval. It's an understandable mistake. Australians tend to speak bluntly, to the point and are not given to empty words. When an Australian is in diplomatic speech mode, it can indeed be confusing.wink.png

Or to be blunt they were either hedging their bets, wanting to be "seen to do the right thing" i,e cover your arse, or both.

The reality of international diplomacy - change views, standards and "friends" as the day dictates.

But, as I said, who cares about what Australia thinks but Australia.

making it up again?

See the irony?

you have a political agenda (which is fair enough)

but you obviously set yourself fairly low standards (then fail to achieve them) in your analysis and make tons of presumptions and you must KNOW that we cannot discuss the real reasons here yet you continue to spew out the yellow propaganda "as if' it were true

What nonsense. I have no political agenda. But I don't like criminals, thieves, liars, cheats, and those who exploit the poor. Which rules out most politicians.

Who are you to comment on my standards? Just another Shin apologist who wants to deny reality, and support the Shin PR history re-writes? If you disagree with my analysis provide you own and support it. Or is that too hard for you?

Of course we can't discuss the more sensitive underlying reasons here. But, if you think I've said things that are not true, challenge me, and support your argument intelligently, if you can.

So, do you think it democratic and legal for an elected government to hand the control and running of the country over to a convicted criminal wanted on other more serious charges - Yes or No ?

Edited by Baerboxer

Pathetic really,..like the nerd saying those chicks like me ...standing alone at the prom.

Australia still bans the military from even travel to its shore ( Thai government)

It's like having a date where she turns up to eat ( trade deals ) and you don't get anything and are not allowed to drive her home , and even claim it happened.

It's most embarrassing .

The Thai leader went near Tony Abbott to talk and Abbott immediately ignored him and spoke to the Japanese leader.

This idea the world is friends mistakes the diplomatic cycle with something deeper..

Perhaps when sanctions bite and stronger language is applied the emotional maturity of the Thai government will improve and it can face the reality it's unappealing to all and sundry and only being used for what it can offer.

Wow, if this current circus is embarrassing for you I hate to think how you felt about the previous government freak show and the message they sent the world - leader in "self imposed exile", blockading of the capital city, destroying government and privately owned infrastructure, terrorists in the employ of the leader attacking the army etc etc etc.

Cannot imagine how you must have felt. Were you hiding behind the sofa, you drama queen you ? clap2.gif

Embarrassing for them I would imagine ....but I stand perhaps corrected by you..

The Government might well be delusional in thinking they are actually popular .

( not including the mention that the Australian FM told them also the ban on them won't be lifted )

Like a girlfriend saying you can't come around my house again and the nerd telling his family she loves him.

That's not dramatic that's accurate.

Thailand have communists and arms dealers and North Koreans as friends .

Gone are the others except for taking what they can.

As for prior Governments YS was warmly received in Australia and her state dinner for Obama lite up the Social media sites with speculation after the US president and her seemed transfixed with each other.

And, she's the only one who knows how to hold a wine glass properly, i.e. by the stem.coffee1.gif

Everything is hunky dory. He still had a 6 motorcycle escort. If that had been reduced to lets say 3 we would know there is trouble in Denmark. No slur intended towards Denmark. Its on my bucket list but age and lack of funds is holding me back.

It's most embarrassing .

were you hiding behind the sofa during the Suthep and Mad Monk rampage?

No.

It's most embarrassing .

Only a true drama queen applauds her own performance....the topic is the statement that "Foreign Minister General Tanasak Patimapragorn insisted the Kingdom's status on the global stage remained unchanged" ,which is patently untrue, with human trafficking, looming trade sanctions, the lottery and the PM's buddies, with the poor evicted from land, with Herr Suthep declaring he and the PM designed the coup months before it happened.

Maybe propaganda is more important than truth to you. ?

wai2.gif

Fang, I am not too concerned about your comments directed at me as you have a bad reputation for posting bs and then when confronted about it you lie low for a while.

In your crazy mind everything was just rosy in Thailand under the PTP rule (tell the rice farmers that) which tells me you either live under a rock below the high water mark or you have no idea what you are on about.

And no, propaganda is not more important to me than the truth, but it seems to be working on you. biggrin.png

......................Thailand is the only one in the class who doesn't get invited to the birthday party............................................

because all others would be able to speak English? Or it was Buddha-Day?

What nonsense. I have no political agenda. But I don't like criminals, thieves, liars, cheats, and those who exploit the poor. Which rules out most politicians.

Who are you to comment on my standards? Just another Shin apologist who wants to deny reality, and support the Shin PR history re-writes? If you disagree with my analysis provide you own and support it. Or is that too hard for you?

Of course we can't discuss the more sensitive underlying reasons here. But, if you think I've said things that are not true, challenge me, and support your argument intelligently, if you can.

So, do you think it democratic and legal for an elected government to hand the control and running of the country over to a convicted criminal wanted on other more serious charges - Yes or No ?

ask yourself (i dare you) is it right, honest and decent for the military to take over from a democratically elected government? you might not like them but they were elected by the THAI people - yes or no?

you are getting angry because I have exposed your posts for what they are... a right wing farangs rantings on a subject, half of which, we cannot discuss here and you exploit that fact with insinuation that you have the 'key' to it all and the basis for this 'key' is that it's all 'Thaksin's fault"

"Thailand still stands among the world of democracy - but we may be in a process of restoration for further stability," he said. Since when was a coup democratic? Or martial law and article 44 come to that?

Edited by Alwyn

International diplomacy is something of a chess game with it's own language and the trick is to be able to read between lines of what's said, unsaid.and studiously avoided.

LoS is the hub of exaggerated claims and they are so lucky that other nations don't repeat in public the sort of comments they receive in cables from their embassy here. The most said openly will be to encourage Thailand to return to democracy as soon as possible which will be translated locally as the international community understands and supports all the junta is doing.

Wow - you've got access to all the cables from every embassy in Thailand. Impressive.

well, just a perusal of the US embassy emails etc on wikileaks would have given you some idea of how other countries (e.g.US and Allies) think about Thailand....... needless to say any analysis of these cables was banned in Thailand so you are too late.

Or to be blunt they were either hedging their bets, wanting to be "seen to do the right thing" i,e cover your arse, or both.

The reality of international diplomacy - change views, standards and "friends" as the day dictates.

Diplomatic talk is often open ended. It's an art: Making a point in an inoffensive manner. I can't do it rolleyes.gif

Your point on diplomatic positions does have some merit, but your assessment of Australia's influence is not correct. Australia is considered the key country when it comes to Asian Pacific security issues. It may be hard to accept, but the USA and EU do listen to Australia and take its views seriously. . This doesn't mean the USA and the EU are always in agreement with the special folks in Australia, but Australia is the country which has provided the security assets for its immediate region, so it does have influence. Both the USA and Canada treat Australia as an important partner with Australia providing vital intelligence on shared problems such as illegal fishing, illegal migrants and drug trafficking. True, you might say, who cares about North America, but I would counter and say that when the PM of Australia picks up the phone and calls a counterpart in a G7 country, the call is taken immediately. Few countries are given that treatment. Australia is a country with some clout that can always be counted on to respond when there is a global crisis, and has the respect that attaches to such behaviour.

ask yourself (i dare you) is it right, honest and decent for the military to take over from a democratically elected government? you might not like them but they were elected by the THAI people - yes or no?

you are getting angry because I have exposed your posts for what they are... a right wing farangs rantings on a subject, half of which, we cannot discuss here and you exploit that fact with insinuation that you have the 'key' to it all and the basis for this 'key' is that it's all 'Thaksin's fault"

You haven't exposed anything - except in your own mind with some wishful thinking. Note you've avoided my direct question and tried to ask your own instead.

So to help you, here it is again "do you think it democratic and legal for an elected government to hand the control and running of the country over to a convicted criminal wanted on other more serious charges - Yes or No ?"

Go on dare yourself and answer.

You simply repeat the usual Shin apologist denials whilst ignoring the real issue with PTP, the illegality of a non elected criminal running a government he pays for and owns.

You have no idea what my political views are - but seem to be keen to perpetuate the left / right division of the West. Thaksin isn't a left wing socialist. Just an opportunistic crook who exploited a situation and would like to do so again given the chance.

So, do you think a non elected criminal, who pays salaries to MP's and Ministers from his party, to vote how he instructs is really democracy?

Diplomatic talk is often open ended. It's an art: Making a point in an inoffensive manner. I can't do it rolleyes.gif

Your point on diplomatic positions does have some merit, but your assessment of Australia's influence is not correct. Australia is considered the key country when it comes to Asian Pacific security issues. It may be hard to accept, but the USA and EU do listen to Australia and take its views seriously. . This doesn't mean the USA and the EU are always in agreement with the special folks in Australia, but Australia is the country which has provided the security assets for its immediate region, so it does have influence. Both the USA and Canada treat Australia as an important partner with Australia providing vital intelligence on shared problems such as illegal fishing, illegal migrants and drug trafficking. True, you might say, who cares about North America, but I would counter and say that when the PM of Australia picks up the phone and calls a counterpart in a G7 country, the call is taken immediately. Few countries are given that treatment. Australia is a country with some clout that can always be counted on to respond when there is a global crisis, and has the respect that attaches to such behaviour.

That's all your opinion - which you're entitled to. Britain has a long relationship with Australia for obvious reasons. US, I think sees Australia as a useful gofer in this region. The EU and other member states - not sure what their view of Australia is, but doubt they have the same fondness for it Britain does. Not saying they don't like it, but don't see it as anything special either.

Australia isn't, on it's own, a country whose opinions any of it's neighbors in this region would care much about. Ask Indonesia.

International diplomacy is something of a chess game with it's own language and the trick is to be able to read between lines of what's said, unsaid.and studiously avoided.

LoS is the hub of exaggerated claims and they are so lucky that other nations don't repeat in public the sort of comments they receive in cables from their embassy here. The most said openly will be to encourage Thailand to return to democracy as soon as possible which will be translated locally as the international community understands and supports all the junta is doing.

Wow - you've got access to all the cables from every embassy in Thailand. Impressive.

well, just a perusal of the US embassy emails etc on wikileaks would have given you some idea of how other countries (e.g.US and Allies) think about Thailand....... needless to say any analysis of these cables was banned in Thailand so you are too late.

Yes - you can believe everything you read on Wikileaks.

Probably the governments all releasing them deliberately to let us all know what's really going on, eh?whistling.gif

Yes - you can believe everything you read on Wikileaks.

Probably the governments all releasing them deliberately to let us all know what's really going on, eh?whistling.gif

you do know what wikileaks are, don't you?