Confirmation letter from bank re funds for visa

Hi

Can anyone help me?, does the confirmation letter from your Thai bank, that you have enough funds for your retirement visa, have to be dated on the same day as your visit to immigration ( jomtiem) or can you get the letter the day before. Thanks stempy

Extension of stay and retirement visa, are they not the same??

There is NO retirement visa !

If you qualify you may be given an " extension of stay based on retirement" IT IS NOT A VISA ! smile.png

Oh gee, that took a bit of explaining didn't it?

• Like 1

I recently had to get the same letter. I did ask the immigration official how long it is valid for and was told 7 days. If you have any doubt take out 500baht from an ATM and present the printed receipt.

Depends on the immigration office, some will say that day, others 3 days and some 7 days. One shoe does not fit all.

I went last week & was attended to by the Belgian (Robert?) as the queue was not moving because the lazy-left-handed Thai was on his usual go-slow. Robert discarded my bank letter (obtained that very day for 100 baht + 20 kms round trip). He was only interested in the very expensive letter from Rip-off British Embassy which specified my monthly income. Incidentally this letter is almost exactly DOUBLE the US price!

gdaya folks

how long is the bank letter considered valid by jomtien immi 3 or 7 days ???

wbr

roobaa01

I have read where they say 7 days. But in my opinion it would be best to get it as near as possible to the date you plan on applying.

gdaya folks

how long is the bank letter considered valid by jomtien immi 3 or 7 days ???

wbr

roobaa01

I have read where they say 7 days. But in my opinion it would be best to get it as near as possible to the date you plan on applying.

In effect, it is down to what the officer thinks is the requirement, and I agree to be 100% certain do it the day before.

I have never done same day there and they do NOT require that, I can assure you.

I have always done the day before or on Friday before a Monday.

I agree don't raise issues by making it older than that if you don't have to.

I did mine day before and knowing those crazy people would not trust it to any longer. I updated the book on the day of the extension as well.

Not only that but if you do it in bkk, it is possible you don't even get in on the day you go to make the visa if you arrive too late. Then, you'd be next day sure.

They also turn you away for the most ridiculous thing, ypud also be back next day. We were turned away for two tiny issues. We returned with only one rectified, same day. Different person - did not even say a word.

Edited by Rocketsurgeon

Update the book same day as the letter for Jomtien. That's it. No need to update on date of application at Jomtien. So don't!

I agree with JT on this one, if you withdraw money (for example 100 THB) and you update the book when you go to Immigration the Balance in the book will be different then the bank letter.

The bank will update the book when you get the letter.

good morning,

good info thks to all.

but what are you advising for a fixed deposit 500 k scb 15 months due in november 15, step up interest, funds can be drawn against

penalty loss of interest. there is not movement on the account ???

wbr

roobaa01

good morning,

good info thks to all.

but what are you advising for a fixed deposit 500 k scb 15 months due in november 15, step up interest, funds can be drawn against

penalty loss of interest. there is not movement on the account ???

wbr

roobaa01

Some immigration offices will want to see another account that you have moneys that your living on and the same if you hold foreign currency account. As for no movement, some immigration offices will want another letter from your bank stating this. You need to check with the immigration office that you plan to use as for THEIR requirements.

Edited by khwaibah

Ok, went this morning, letter from bank obtained yesterday, the letter and the bank book MUST show the same balance,.had to copy front page of bank book and page showing last 3 months transactions, went at 8.30 and out the door at 8.42 all done and dusted. Than guys for info

Oh and the guy who states it's not a "retirement"visa, you must be the only person in Thailand who doesn't call it this, my suggestion get out more.

• Like 1

Ok, went this morning, letter from bank obtained yesterday, the letter and the bank book MUST show the same balance,.had to copy front page of bank book and page showing last 3 months transactions, went at 8.30 and out the door at 8.42 all done and dusted. Than guys for info

Oh and the guy who states it's not a "retirement"visa, you must be the only person in Thailand who doesn't call it this, my suggestion get out more.

"Oh and the guy who states it's not a "retirement"visa, you must be the only person in Thailand who doesn't call it this, my suggestion get out more."

I'm sure nzexpat is not the only guy in Thailand who prefers to refer to immigration matters using the correct terms. This particular chestnut has been roasted to ashes.

Using the terms "extension of stay" or "extension of permission to stay" are correct. What's the problem. Live 'n learnrolleyes.gif

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 1