Making things too complicated

Just a bit of humor.

I was on the balcony and saw a bird on the wire so thought would take a shot. The zoom was too short, 24-80mm f/2.8 so wasn't close enough for detail, just a quick test. Was pixel peeping a bit and saw dots all over the image. Thought first the lens was dirty though you would never see dirt or smudges on the lens show up on the photo like that. Lens flawlessly clean. Sensor can do that if small dusts get on it and block sensor sites. But I'm super careful with lens changes, prep the lens for switch and 2-3 seconds with the sensor facing either straight forward or down swap lenses.

Next I thought hot pixel issue. Ran a hot pixel test and it was flawless, even zooming in 3000%, not a single noisy or hot pixel. Scratching my head for a second then remembered it just started a very light sprinkle of rain. Yep, took another shot without the rain and photo was clean.

The shutter speed was 1/5000s at ISO 200 f/2.8 so it froze ever drop in mid flight.

Moral of the story, don't over think a problem. biggrin.png Anyone else with an amusing anecdote feel free to join in.

post-566-0-90061700-1431945050_thumb.jpg

OP, please don't try to put me off my new hobby.

All these technical terms and settings, frighten me.

Do I have to go back to university to learn how to take proper pictures?

Too old for thatsad.png

Too old for thatsad.png

Nah, just hang around here and ask questions. For example, anything in the OP will be glad to answer. My guess 'hot pixels', 'pixel peeping', 'hot pixel test'.

But as you can see from my experience, knowing too much can have its own set of problems. tongue.png

Just Freeze it like I did

large.jpg

Nothing more boring than seeing a photo which is not with your own eyes and shopped around and made to look water is made of Thai silk

large.jpg

Yes, I did both just to show you all, that a real photo is as the OP's posted and a false one is like above.

Lets get a Sub-forum, Chat Forum or whatever you wish to call it, please, as posting in different threads about this topic pointless.

Thank you for your understanding and help in this most urgent matter. wai.gif

Win

large.jpg

Nothing more boring than seeing a photo which is not with your own eyes and shopped around and made to look water is made of Thai silk

large.jpg

Yes, I did both just to show you all, that a real photo is as the OP's posted and a false one is like above.

Lets get a Sub-forum, Chat Forum or whatever you wish to call it, please, as posting in different threads about this topic pointless.

Win

If you are referring to the 2nd one using Photoshop I would probably agree. But to make it a real photo can still be done and it is only a matter of time. You can use a fast shutter speed and freeze the action or you can put an ND filter on and take a 30+ second exposure for the smooth effect. No post processing necessary and it is still a real image. wink.png

I'll see what I can do about your request Kan.

Too old for thatsad.png

Keep it simple mate, don't get to bogged down thinking about settings to much, I find that having a image in your mind how you want the shot to look helps you plan a way to achieve the best image possible^^

Too old for thatsad.png

Keep it simple mate, don't get to bogged down thinking about settings to much, I find that having a image in your mind how you want the shot to look helps you plan a way to achieve the best image possible^^

thumbsup.gif

I'm a technical person, occupational hazard, and study all aspects and theories on photography but it certainly hasn't made me a better photographer. But there are a handful of the technicals that have made me look at a subject a lot differently then from before.

Too old for thatsad.png

thumbsup.gif

I'm a technical person, occupational hazard, and study all aspects and theories on photography but it certainly hasn't made me a better photographer. But there are a handful of the technicals that have made me look at a subject a lot differently then from before.

Absolutely, there is a huge technical aspect to photography that will only improve your work, for me its planning a shot using your skills to get where you want to be, using this knowledge is what makes a great shot, thinking about the image you see in your mind is how I plan for a shot, though that also depends and whats in your bag.

Also thinking about any post editing can change the way you shoot, sometimes it necessary to shoot for post, so then you need plan and shoot that way.

All I would say is enjoy shooting as thats what its all about.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Win

When your eyes look at a waterfall, they don't see a frozen moment in time; they see movement. I agree a photoshopped effort like the above is horrible; but a slow exposure of running water can look quite beautiful and is more representative of what is real.

Archived