Non Imm O, 1 Year Multi-Entry (Marriage) from Glasgow

Just collected my visa from the Thai Consulate Glasgow (first day I could get there).

Applied last Monday, received a call at 11am Wednesday saying the visa had been approved by the Thai Embassy in London.

Documents provided, copy of wife's ID card and passport, Thai marriage certificate and registration along with translations of both.

Not sure if the translations were required, but had them handy so included them.

Excellent service from the staff in Glasgow.

• Like 1

Do you need to be aged 65 or over and have to go to London Thai embassy in person to try and get either a Non O Visa or a Non Immigrant OA Long stay visa 1 yr i am only 61 yrs old from Hamilton The lady in Ldn embassy could not get me off the phone quick enough, impatient totally unlike Glasgow where they are helpful. My Thai Girlfriend thinks all I need to do is get a tourist triple visa then in my first month transfer over 800,000 THB into my Kasikorn bank and leave in bank for 60 days then get a letter from bank manager and my bank book updated on the day I go to my local police immigration office to try and get a 1 year extension based on retirement by choice. I would use the 800k method as London embassy tells me there is no way I can get either a non imm O Visa or a Non imm OA Visa under the age of 65 yrs and I must produce proof of a state pension. I have no intentions of working in Thailand. I thought I could get a non imm O Visa if i was over 55 yrs old in Thailand. Can you give me any advice or from Ubonjoe. I want to avoid a 1000 mile round trip to London and spend overnight then I have to get 3 different certs and they told me i have also to pay a solicitor to notorise all 3 docs. A medical cert + a police criminal check + bank letter and statements stamped and signed plus letter of oension in the UK. I Have a small private pension but not 65,000 thb and i am not in receipt of a state pension yet for another 4 yrs. I do have well over the 800k equivalent in my Bank of Scotland account which I intended to transfer over to Thailand or some of it to cover the 800k. Is getting a triple tourist visa going to be my only option and travelling to and from the UK for the next 4 years. I will have sold my house by the end of June 2015 and then I had hoped not to have to come back to the UK just to go to London Thai embassy. Is this really my only option? My gf thinks all I need is to have 800k in my Kasikorn bank and managers letter, my bank book up to date for 60 days or more. My passport + 2 photos then go to local immigration office and she takes her house book and Thai ID Card. Do you know if she is right or wrong!

Do you need to be aged 65 or over and have to go to London Thai embassy in person to try and get either a Non O Visa or a Non Immigrant OA Long stay visa 1 yr i am only 61 yrs old from Hamilton The lady in Ldn embassy could not get me off the phone quick enough, impatient totally unlike Glasgow where they are helpful. My Thai Girlfriend thinks all I need to do is get a tourist triple visa then in my first month transfer over 800,000 THB into my Kasikorn bank and leave in bank for 60 days then get a letter from bank manager and my bank book updated on the day I go to my local police immigration office to try and get a 1 year extension based on retirement by choice. I would use the 800k method as London embassy tells me there is no way I can get either a non imm O Visa or a Non imm OA Visa under the age of 65 yrs and I must produce proof of a state pension. I have no intentions of working in Thailand. I thought I could get a non imm O Visa if i was over 55 yrs old in Thailand. Can you give me any advice or from Ubonjoe. I want to avoid a 1000 mile round trip to London and spend overnight then I have to get 3 different certs and they told me i have also to pay a solicitor to notorise all 3 docs. A medical cert + a police criminal check + bank letter and statements stamped and signed plus letter of oension in the UK. I Have a small private pension but not 65,000 thb and i am not in receipt of a state pension yet for another 4 yrs. I do have well over the 800k equivalent in my Bank of Scotland account which I intended to transfer over to Thailand or some of it to cover the 800k. Is getting a triple tourist visa going to be my only option and travelling to and from the UK for the next 4 years. I will have sold my house by the end of June 2015 and then I had hoped not to have to come back to the UK just to go to London Thai embassy. Is this really my only option? My gf thinks all I need is to have 800k in my Kasikorn bank and managers letter, my bank book up to date for 60 days or more. My passport + 2 photos then go to local immigration office and she takes her house book and Thai ID Card. Do you know if she is right or wrong!

To get a single entry non-o visa based upon being 50 for over you may just be asked to show financial proof. The 65 for over is for a multiple entry visa.

What is the registration. Is this a 2nd part of the marriage certificate?

It is the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry. It is not normally required to get a non-o visa at an embassy or consulate.

A little more information to help anyone else applying.

I included the Khor Ror 2 and the translation because it states there that my wife will continue to use her maiden name on her Thai documents, so the copies of her ID card and passport therefore match that information.

I handed in my documents personally at the consulate and they did not give them straight back after checking what I was submitting, so maybe they were useful.

I did not need to show any financial information but the London Embassy and Hull Consulate websites have different information, so check the requirements where you apply !

• Like 1