Sources of Iron for Kids

KVJ

if you are in doubt, get the kids iron level tested with a blood test ?

Was told from Isaan Private school, pupils had been tested, my son has not enough iron in his system,

came with some prescription of tablets he should take.

Not easy to get him to eat that medicine regular.wink.png

Re-do the test before you do anything else.....tests in schools can be easily mixed up.

• 1 month later...

Not trying to bump this thread, but here's a scary thing. I'm an omnivore - I eat meat - and I eat loads of other good sources of iron. I've been working out my whole life, and for the last five years I've been suffering like a dog, trying to hold on to physical work capacity but realising that it's a losing battle. I use lab-standard exercise kit, so there's no doubt about the numbers. So nearly six years ago I could do a specific workout - I won't bore you with the details! - and I'd finish it knackered, soaked in sweat and stinking of ammonia. Holding on to that ability has proved progressively difficult, and as of six weeks ago I hadn't managed it in nearly a year: close to it, but not quite. Recently, though, I started managing it again. Then it got easy. Then I found I could do the whole thing and a bit more. Then I found I could do 50% more - thirty minutes rather than twenty. This was loony tunes, so I thought about what could be happening. A couple of months ago Sainsbury's in the UK had an entire fridge full of half price lamb's liver. Being a tight **** I bought the lot, froze it, and have been eating two packets a week since. So there is is. I've been borderline anaemic for years and I never realised. If that's where even a really good diet can leave you there must be a lot of people who would benefit from more iron. In some places jok comes with slices of cooked liver in the bottom, and the egg also contributes to the iron content. That might be a morning habit worth cultivating.