90 day notification receipt lost in the mail

Sent my 90 day report end of last month for my OA visa. They have confirmed and recorded they received it no problem and posted back my receipt but after 3 weeks it hasn't turned up in the mail. We rang the Khonkaen office initially for advice and they told us we would have to come in immediately (3 hours drive for us). They also told me they don't keep copies of the receipts. Just sounded ridiculous to me. I find that a lot here. Someone in one of the govt departments will quite happily put you to extraordinary levels of inconvenience if it means they can get you off the phone and back to facebook as soon as possible. Anyhoo, we spoke to someone else and they said I will have to redo a 90 day report and post it to them again which I did yesterday. They didn't say this would sort the matter by the way....only asked me to resend probably the only thing they could think of.

Has anyone else had this experience and how did you sort it out?

By the by I sent my report by registered mail but it appears impossible to have them return by registered mail because you can't send a prepaid registered mail envelope.

I know they have the online reporting thing now too but when I reported by all accounts the website is unserviceable. I had a look at the instructions on how to use the site and they were in Thai hahaha. All par for the course

Only thing I'm worried about is my time to report has expired a week ago if they are going to use the new form. I had a look at my last report receipt and its nothing special. Just has the next report date and a signature. Can't see why they couldn't have just printed out a form, ripped that off the bottom and redid it. Just too much to expect any logical thought process. All they wanted to say yesterday that it wasn't their fault...they posted it.

impossible to have them return by registered mail because you can't send a prepaid registered mail envelope.

This is not correct. Prepaid EMS, not a problem. I did it quite regularly when sending TW's passport to the Australian Embassy for visas prior to on line applications.

By having a PO Box (only 200 Baht per year) I have never had a 90 Day Report receipt go missing, fortunately!

As far as the ems thing goes the post office told me I cudnt buy a pre paid track able / registered. Ems is express and track able isn't it? I wonder why they didn't suggest that? I guess normally people don't want to pay the money. The Po Box is an awesome idea! We're out in the Boonies and to me our address is not clear. Will check that out tomorrow. Much appreciated

Edited by Kenny202

OP - definitely keep a hold of the EMS slips which the PO provided last month and yesterday if I were you. If you still don't receive any acknowledgement back in the post after 30 days, it might be best for you to go to the immigration office in person (despite the 3-hour drive) armed with these EMS slips as evidence that you did report on time. Otherwise, despite what they told you yesterday about the original acknowledgement having already been allegedly posted back to you, you are at risk at having a 2,000 THB fine slapped on you for late reporting if they conveniently (from their point of view) have a collective attack of amnesia and deny all knowledge of you having reported at all.

Well I have the ems slip saying they received and and they have confirmed on the telephone 3 times they did actually receive it but as we all know means nothing here. Yes tomorrow they cud say they have no knowledge. I posted the new one yesterday and have the online tracking tell me they have received the second copy so I'll call them this afternoon and see what happens now. I checked with the PO again and they have no knowledge of a pre paid ems or express envelope u can buy where u get the tracking number at time of purchase. They're telling me the tracking number can only be paid for and given at the time the other party returns post. I'll check with our big city PO next time I go in

"By the by I sent my report by registered mail but it appears impossible to have them return by registered mail because you can't send a prepaid registered mail envelope"

Put the correct postage on covering the mail and registration and it will automatically be sent back registered.

Darn clever those Thais.

Yeah thats kind of what the lady at the post office said but she didn't say it will automatically get sent registered unless the Immigration office asked for it and then it was up to them if they wanted to record the tracking number or not, which I'm guessing they wouldn't. Like most things....not clear. Im speaking to immigration again soon so will ask them.

Just spoke to immigration and they don't record or receive ems numbers even if paid for. They simply pop the receipts in the mail box and return. The whole ems thing is a farce anyway. It's good if your sending and you can even see a name and signature of who received but I have received 2 things in the post over the last few months that the website said was delivered and they weren't. Wen I enquired at the post office it was just blank stares and open mouths

• Like 1

I had a similar problem with my 90 day receipt in Chiang Mai. I sent the documents registered mail, tracked online showed receipt the next day but waited two weeks for my returned self addressed envelope to arrive. Finally when it didn't I went to Immigration with my post office registered receipt, they checked their records and saw it had been sent so they just wrote me a new 90 day slip. I didn't have to redo the paperwork. The original receipt finally did arrive, taking about 17 days to travel across the city.

Now my 90 day enclosed self addressed envelope always has a registered sticker and sufficient stamps that I buy in advance at the local post office. I think it costs about 18 baht. Although it's not trackable, the post office seems to notice the stamps so my self addressed envelope takes only two or three days to arrive instead of 17 days. For all my other mail I have a post office box but didn't think I could use it for my 90 day report. I've never lost any mail using my post office box address.

I always send mine by EMS both ways. Trackable and signed for either end.

You need to explain to the PO you want signed for return mail.

As far as your lost 90 day report, you'll need to attend in person to pick up a new receipt.

As far as your lost 90 day report, you'll need to attend in person to pick up a new receipt.

Well as I said the best I can do is put enough stamps on the return envelope to cover EMS. They don't issue the tracking number when I pay for the stamps / postage.

The EMS tracking number can only be given when the returning party goes to the post office and sends back to me. Khonkaen office have told me they don't actually go to the post office, they only throw the return addressed envelopes in the post box and thats it. They don't have time to wait at the PO for registered numbers etc....or so they told me. If I am missing something here let me know but as far as I can tell unless they actually go to the PO and ask for a tracking number I wont get it even the PO send it registered due to higher value of stamps on envelope. And yes they did tell me I would have to return in person to get another copy of the receipt at first (3 hours drive) but then relented and said if I send another form they would do it for me again. Its ridiculous really. Has anyone had a look at their notification receipt? Fair enough they say they don't keep copies but how hard would it be for them to reprint a blank form and refill the information on the tear off receipt? Its just a date and a signature. All they could say was it wasn't their fault, they sent it.

i just drove 12 hours to do a 2 minute report.

We were out of town...on holiday (visiting relatives and parks) \

we did the report online 2 weeks ago, but nothing but a Pending status.

I had the wife call, and they said....simply come in and do it..no problem.

Inconvenience??? 12 hour drive !!!! Hope they get their act together soon.

Well as I said the best I can do is put enough stamps on the return envelope to cover EMS. They don't issue the tracking number when I pay for the stamps / postage.

The EMS tracking number can only be given when the returning party goes to the post office and sends back to me. Khonkaen office have told me they don't actually go to the post office, they only throw the return addressed envelopes in the post box and thats it. They don't have time to wait at the PO for registered numbers etc....or so they told me. If I am missing something here let me know but as far as I can tell unless they actually go to the PO and ask for a tracking number I wont get it even the PO send it registered due to higher value of stamps on envelope. And yes they did tell me I would have to return in person to get another copy of the receipt at first (3 hours drive) but then relented and said if I send another form they would do it for me again. Its ridiculous really. Has anyone had a look at their notification receipt? Fair enough they say they don't keep copies but how hard would it be for them to reprint a blank form and refill the information on the tear off receipt? Its just a date and a signature. All they could say was it wasn't their fault, they sent it.

It's not difficult to write out another receipt, that's not the problem.

Who pay's for the return mail of the receipt? Do you expect one of the Imm officers to fork out of his own pocket? That's why you have to go in person.

They are telling you porkies! The PO delivers the mail to Imm (EMS....signed for) every day. When they deliver, they also collect mail.

I bet they lost your report, is more the case.

They have already recorded your 90 days in their computer system so you will not get charged for late reporting You should be ok

Yes, his report was successful. Problem is he doesn't have a receipt of that report, for his next report.

No that's not correct. I reposted a new report form with a new return paid envelope. They have recorded they have received my report so the report isn't lost. The return receipt is lost. As far as them telling porkies I can only go by what they have told me. Had a fair bit to do with local and national government departments here and haven't had one good experience yet leg alone someone who was helpful. It's always "I'm important, Ur presence is annoying, go away" . I cud help if I wanted to but I'd rather u travel around and waste Ur time for 2 days rather than me stop playing with my phone for 5 minutes and make a small effort.

Sorry if i sound like I'm Thai bashing but this has been my experience time and time again and no amount of humbling myself or congeniality seems to help

That depends on the local office.

Besides, the OP has proof that he send it.

I had proof and they accepted they received it and posted it back (CW) they seemed to think it getting lost was my fault, trust me it's not worth the bother when they get lost. Hopefully the online reporting will work- one day!

Edited by dragonfly94

So that is proof ,,that if you want to have things done correct you have to do it yourself,,don't rely on anything ,go and do everything in person than you can do it right and sleep like a baby .I don't care if I have to drive a few Ks it is worth it .

OP - definitely keep a hold of the EMS slips which the PO provided last month and yesterday if I were you. If you still don't receive any acknowledgement back in the post after 30 days, it might be best for you to go to the immigration office in person (despite the 3-hour drive) armed with these EMS slips as evidence that you did report on time. Otherwise, despite what they told you yesterday about the original acknowledgement having already been allegedly posted back to you, you are at risk at having a 2,000 THB fine slapped on you for late reporting if they conveniently (from their point of view) have a collective attack of amnesia and deny all knowledge of you having reported at all.

You can check the acceptance of an EMS and see the signature then print it out. Email it to the Immigration office. Had to do it once when I had a TM47 lost internally. Had to post it again and got the new date a month later than when it was originally due. Nobody is perfect so suspected that two were accidently picked up together or felll on the floor and binned.

They have already recorded your 90 days in their computer system so you will not get charged for late reporting You should be ok

Yes, his report was successful. Problem is he doesn't have a receipt of that report, for his next report.

He can do the next report on-line.

So that is proof ,,that if you want to have things done correct you have to do it yourself,,don't rely on anything ,go and do everything in person than you can do it right and sleep like a baby .I don't care if I have to drive a few Ks it is worth it .

Or just do it correctly in the first place and everyone sleeps like a baby.

Well immigration told me they received my new report form this morning and is in the post and on the way back to me. The thing that concerned me was my report date was 4th May so well and truly too late to report now even though they acknowledged they received the first one on time. Will be interesting to see if they give me a later report date for next time