Recommendation for upmarket bars in sukhumvit area

narkeddiver

Hi,

Looking to make a recommendation to my mate for somewhere nice he can take his wife - they've enjoyed having a laugh in nana area, etc but looking for something a bit more trendy(?) for their last night

Thanks in advance

Speakeasy at Hotel Muse- just round the corner from Sukhumvit.

musebangkokbar.jpg

Or even close to the areas he's been hanging out- Above Eleven @ Fraser Suites on Soi 11 -

jehan-Photo-JPG.jpg

Or Nest @ Le Fenix Soi 11 -

520ef48233a9a-bangkok-s-trendy-soi-11-pa

If they're not looking for something on a rooftop though, I'd take xtof2's advice and head down Thong Lo.

I like the bar on the top of the Hotel "Le Bua," I believe it's on the 64th floor and open air, sometimes a band is playing. The sights are unbelievable, you can look down on the Chao Phreya and all of Bangkok... Incredible place, very romantic, and totally unforgettable. BTW, you can eat their but be warned it's expensive.

I've got a wedding anniversary coming up... Like to surprise the wife, and the Sukhumvit scenic places mentioned above -- Above Eleven, Speakeasy and Marriott -- fit with that plan...

Except, although they're obviously bars, which of the Sukhumvit scenic places mentioned above also will do meals for dinner...or, are they just drinks and snacks?

PS - Not going to Lebua for dinner, and not going to No Idea Gastro either...

I've got a wedding anniversary coming up... Like to surprise the wife, and the Sukhumvit scenic places mentioned above -- Above Eleven, Speakeasy and Marriott -- fit with that plan...

Except, although they're obviously bars, which of the Sukhumvit scenic places mentioned above also will do meals for dinner...or, are they just drinks and snacks?

PS - Not going to Lebua for dinner, and not going to No Idea Gastro either...

The one at Marriott on Soi 57 is three levels.....one floor is only for dining. It's a nice place with a great view and prices that match.

Yeah, I'd recommend Above Eleven for food but I'd also recommend phoning for a reservation first (maybe even the day before) as it can be tough to get a table if you just show up.

Speakeasy only does small bites. Very small bites but not the place to go for a meal.

Red Sky at Centara Grand might be a good call for a wedding anniversary though- more romantic.

http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/redsky/

Ashley Sutton's new bar in Park Lane Ekkamai - A.R. Sutton & co Engineers - is worth a look.

No views, but an intimate, quirky, artistic and unique experience. Stop in there for a cocktail on the way to one of the other gems mentioned up the page.