What If ? - What if ISIS became ative in the South ?

The Malaysian government has never been a sponsor of Muslim terrorism.

An escalation of violence in Thailand's south would likely see more cooperation between the two countries.

Confrontation is in no one's interest.

Malaysia doesn't want to see a radical Muslim state created on its northern border.

Even though Malaysia is becoming more radicalised. http://www.quora.com/Are-Malaysian-Muslims-getting-radicalized

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From reading some of the members comments I see that the US fear mongering is working...what if the sky starts falling?

Most people want peace and that will only happen when the US stops invading and occupying Muslim lands. (For whatever reasons)

I am not pro Muslim nor anti American I do not glorify any war or violence! To date no act of congress (other than

providing the money) as declared a legal war in any Muslim country. Prove me wrong! How would people from the US

UK, Australia, Thailand any country feel if they were invaded by anyone? Friends and family killed? How much apathy

would you all still have?

It is not necessary to prove you wrong; you submit a strawman and then ask us to address that- congress approving war or not. Congress has not approved a war in a generation. They have only ever addressed use of force resolutions secondary to the War Powers Act of a President otherwise first sticking our noses in crap. http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2014/12/when-congress-once-used-its-powers-to-declare-war/

(However, just for clarity, I think it is BS that the US went to war in these places under any pretext, least of all executive authority=despotism. In fact, I see very few just wars in contemporary history).

In order to accept that the current issues being discussed are the result solely of Western involvement on muslims lands we must first tend a few exclusions to narrow to the conclusion we seek to make:

First, we must exclude from consideration 1,400 years of islamic conquest and history informing us that the imperative for muslims to war upon non muslims is inherent in the expansion of their faith.

Second, we must not consider both the entire import of the koran or its individual pieces; this must be removed because the entire aim is to war upon non believers. (Islam=Submission, not "Peace").

Third, we must exclude from consideration the hadith, life of the prophet, and thousands of years of islamic jurisprudence informing us there is an imperative to war upon others in islam.

Next, we must not consider the sharia which is entirely predicated upon a chain of being with pagans and Buddhists, etc., on the bottom, next jews then Christians, with muslims at the top.

Next, we must exclude nearly countless millions dead so as to not muddy our choice to see this as the result of the victim- non muslims.

Indeed, islam has been warring upon the world with only one brief respite since 632CE. http://www.politicalislam.com/tears-of-jihad/

The post takes a very selective view of current events and their antecedents. You cannot look upon the world (often) from the narrow view of one lifetime and declare you know. Look at the long train of islamic history for context. It is unimpeachable. It is not vague. It does not require gymnastics to believe. It is shocking and evident when you look past the media clips.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2014/05/the_greatest_murder_machine_in_history.html

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/02/12/isis-upset-with-obama-kerry-heretics-for-slogan-that-islam-is-religion-of-peace/

You have valid points but your conclusion is wrong. This would be happening as surely as it did under Thomas Jefferson had the US ever touched land in Arabia or not.

Maybe we can organize an angry farang brigade from Thai Visa and send them to the conflict.

Some people get angry about the smallest things here.

Q: Why did the Thai smile when they CHEATED me out of 5 baht in the market?

A: Prices in markets are negotiable. Thai smile near all the time. Wasn't that why you moved here in the first place?

From reading some of the members comments I see that the US fear mongering is working...what if the sky starts falling?

Most people want peace and that will only happen when the US stops invading and occupying Muslim lands. (For whatever reasons)

I am not pro Muslim nor anti American I do not glorify any war or violence! To date no act of congress (other than

providing the money) as declared a legal war in any Muslim country. Prove me wrong! How would people from the US

UK, Australia, Thailand any country feel if they were invaded by anyone? Friends and family killed? How much apathy

. You have Putin and his schemes , North Korea,ISIS, and China making moves in the Ocean and Artic, are you that detached from Current Events, Fear Mongering, OK if that's what you wanna call it...Geez, TVF never ceases to Amaze.

Russia? North Korea? ISIS? China? What about oh let's see Hahahahahaha! You prove my point!

Making moves? I try and do my best not to keep up on Corporate controlled Media propaganda current events.

I don't believe anything the news media reports period when it comes to world events and how it may negatively effect the 1st world powers ...It's all slanted and shaved and produced into nice little tightly controlled sound bytes.

Just enough truth to satisfy the 10 to 20 second attention span of the privileged masses.

Conditioning us to be fearful (and to stay stupid) to offer the belief that any Government can protect and maintain security for the individual

is naive at best.

. You have Putin and his schemes , North Korea,ISIS, and China making moves in the Ocean and Artic, are you that detached from Current Events, Fear Mongering, OK if that's what you wanna call it...Geez, TVF never ceases to Amaze.

Russia? North Korea? ISIS? China? What about oh let's see Hahahahahaha! You prove my point!

Making moves? I try and do my best not to keep up on Corporate controlled Media propaganda current events.

I don't believe anything the news media reports period when it comes to world events and how it may negatively effect the 1st world powers ...It's all slanted and shaved and produced into nice little tightly controlled sound bytes.

Just enough truth to satisfy the 10 to 20 second attention span of the privileged masses.

Conditioning us to be fearful (and to stay stupid) to offer the belief that any Government can protect and maintain security for the individual

is naive at best.

. As they say in Thailand, Up To You...

is naive at best.

In this world, everything we get fed is controlled by the government to keep us 'on-side' - here in the UK more than anywhere. Yet dismissing it through other prejudices and claiming it to be all lies is the act of an idiot.

You should research and form your own conclusions. Read books from people who actually lived through it and find reports on the web. It is amazing how much our governments don't tell us about what people like ISIS are really doing because they are scared of the backlash. It would be great if some people (eg you) could be sent to an ISIS controlled village in Iraq or Syria to live in fear and find out the truth for themselves.

You seem unable to grasp that ISIS are not an 'Anti-American' movement. They are murdering anyone who is not the right kind of Muslim. Of course that doesn't fit your agenda so you ignore it.

I would love to see you proved wrong - but by that time there are much bigger problems in the world and people like you suddenly forget what they said in the past and find something new to criticise.

It is not necessary to prove you wrong; you submit a strawman and then ask us to address that- congress approving war or not. Congress has not approved a war in a generation. They have only ever addressed use of force resolutions secondary to the War Powers Act of a President otherwise first sticking our noses in crap. http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2014/12/when-congress-once-used-its-powers-to-declare-war/

(However, just for clarity, I think it is BS that the US went to war in these places under any pretext, least of all executive authority=despotism. In fact, I see very few just wars in contemporary history).

In order to accept that the current issues being discussed are the result solely of Western involvement on muslims lands we must first tend a few exclusions to narrow to the conclusion we seek to make:

First, we must exclude from consideration 1,400 years of islamic conquest and history informing us that the imperative for muslims to war upon non muslims is inherent in the expansion of their faith.

Second, we must not consider both the entire import of the koran or its individual pieces; this must be removed because the entire aim is to war upon non believers. (Islam=Submission, not "Peace").

Third, we must exclude from consideration the hadith, life of the prophet, and thousands of years of islamic jurisprudence informing us there is an imperative to war upon others in islam.

Next, we must not consider the sharia which is entirely predicated upon a chain of being with pagans and Buddhists, etc., on the bottom, next jews then Christians, with muslims at the top.

Next, we must exclude nearly countless millions dead so as to not muddy our choice to see this as the result of the victim- non muslims.

Indeed, islam has been warring upon the world with only one brief respite since 632CE. http://www.politicalislam.com/tears-of-jihad/

The post takes a very selective view of current events and their antecedents. You cannot look upon the world (often) from the narrow view of one lifetime and declare you know. Look at the long train of islamic history for context. It is unimpeachable. It is not vague. It does not require gymnastics to believe. It is shocking and evident when you look past the media clips.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2014/05/the_greatest_murder_machine_in_history.html

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/02/12/isis-upset-with-obama-kerry-heretics-for-slogan-that-islam-is-religion-of-peace/

You have valid points but your conclusion is wrong. This would be happening as surely as it did under Thomas Jefferson had the US ever touched land in Arabia or not.

I think IS would take over the south in short order

Cannot see the Thais being prepared and cannot see them knowing what to do if it started

Thailand have been fighting a war in the South of Thailand for years, dont underestimate them,

The years part kind of denotes your argument.

One of the biggest soapie customers are those ISIS guys, so I don't think they'll mess with Thailand.

It wouldn't be ISIS in Thailand...it would be ISIT

ISIS stands for Islamic State In Syria, Thailand ain't Syria, thank Bhudda!

Cannot see the Thais being prepared and cannot see them knowing what to do if it started

Thailand have been fighting a war in the South of Thailand for years, dont underestimate them,

I would agree. I feel much safer from Islamic terrorism here than I would in the US.

REALLY !!!! Back in the USA I have all my weapon's and amo just waiting for them and here in Thailand I watch gang beatings of helpless people.

is naive at best.

Yes they are spoon feeding us fear big time.

I would agree. I feel much safer from Islamic terrorism here than I would in the US.

REALLY !!!! Back in the USA I have all my weapon's and amo just waiting for them and here in Thailand I watch gang beatings of helpless people.

Yes America is full of nut jobs ,,

You cannot beat gorilla warfare, So you will never win a war fighting them,

I would argue that back in the early colonization of the US and the forming of the Constitution that, had the Muslim's landed on the shores of America

we would have fought a war as we were laying claim to the Americas as well. I am almost sure in my understanding of the US Constitution that the US would not have invaded any of the Muslim nations in the pretext of "a clear and present danger to the US and their far reaching interests in those days thus eliminating any hatred or terror from the vast Muslim Governments. I believe that the slow integration of Muslim people to western countries is changing those societies to a degree, such as food, dress and language issues. I have yet to see wars breaking out organically from the immigration of Muslims to western countries, instead what I have and am observing is the US presence whether covert or otherwise in those Muslim lands that fuel the hatred and plots of destruction from the marginalized Muslim people that have chosen or otherwise find themselves living among non believers of the Muslim faith. Can we really trust either history's of the US or Muslim nations? I mean I was raised on the belief from US history that native Americans were savages an non Christians thus the need for genocide. I was taught that my friend and now we know that it was a false and inaccurate history lesson...although I appreciate your post very much!

The main enermy of IS is the USA, rightly or wrongly doesnt matter. They have a deep seated hated for the US and anyone who is helping them. It is possible they could set up in Thailand but dont think that will happen unless the USA has airforce bases here that are bombing muslim countries in the vicinity which as far as I know they are not.

is naive at best.

In this world, everything we get fed is controlled by the government to keep us 'on-side' - here in the UK more than anywhere. Yet dismissing it through other prejudices and claiming it to be all lies is the act of an idiot.

True! I did mention corporate controlled media but other mind sets as well...Sorry I just cannot be afraid of properly placed propaganda.

You should research and form your own conclusions. Read books from people who actually lived through it and find reports on the web. It is amazing how much our governments don't tell us about what people like ISIS are really doing because they are scared of the backlash. It would be great if some people (eg you) could be sent to an ISIS controlled village in Iraq or Syria to live in fear and find out the truth for themselves.

Hahahahahaha! Where were these "terrorist" before the US meddling in those lands. History shows that allies and enemies of the Muslim Governments change behind closed doors. What would be so great about going to Syria or Iraq? I have no business being there other than to shed tears for the innocents. Those people need to work this all out between themselves, we don't belong there for the reasons we are there.

You seem unable to grasp that ISIS are not an 'Anti-American' movement. They are murdering anyone who is not the right kind of Muslim. Of course that doesn't fit your agenda so you ignore it.

I have no "agenda" They are Killing folks who are not their version of being Muslim? Why is that on me isn't that their history? I love the Peaceful Muslim peoples and their cultures. food and art...I actually know and have worked with many Muslim peoples. So please I am more informed than your critique would suggest!

I would love to see you proved wrong - but by that time there are much bigger problems in the world and people like you suddenly forget what they said in the past and find something new to criticise.

So now your a predickter of the future? and you somehow found away to lay a personal attack against me? So I'm not your kind of westerner then hey?......

Well there aye some very interesting comments and sharing of opinions but apart from "LuckyLew" no one has answered the question, rather gone of at distinct tangents.

Now to focus ones mind the question I asked was " Do you think the Thai army has the skills, discipline and leadership qualities to send them packing ? or do you think the Thai military will just run away due to poor leadership and ill-discipline, just like the Iraqi army ?

So does any one else have anything to contribute in direct response to this question ?

When Thai military ground forces engaged in South Korea and South Vietnam they were highly praised for professionalism and effectiveness. The Thais were also effective fighting communists in the border areas,

If the Thai State were to be presented with direct threat to it's existence the military and security agencies would not "run away" and would respond aggressively. Just my opinion, but I believe only a very small number of Thai Muslims would support hard line Salafi jihadism, the likes of DAESH would not be able to gain sufficient support for their agenda.

Holy moley, Batman. Now we're fighting the gorillas?

Yes the Thai special forces broke into Bangkok Zoo, shot the Gorillas and set the ostiges free,

Yes and that is the problem. The RTA have 440 000 men and the insurgents 9 000, so why is the war been dragging on for decades ? There are few truths about the war you will never read in any Thai press, if I write it here I stand a chance of being deported. But do your own homework on the quality of leadership in the RTA, the strategy used, the drug trade and drug routes used in Thailand, who is behind the drug trade in the country and now we also know about the human traffic through the south. A few pointers, look at the ranks of the soldiers that dies in the south, see if you can see any officers dying ? The strategy in the south haven't changed for a decade, its clear its not working so why continue with it ?

Yes and that is the problem. The RTA have 440 000 men and the insurgents 9 000, so why is the war been dragging on for decades ? There are few truths about the war you will never read in any Thai press, if I write it here I stand a chance of being deported. But do your own homework on the quality of leadership in the RTA, the strategy used, the drug trade and drug routes used in Thailand, who is behind the drug trade in the country and now we also know about the human traffic through the south. A few pointers, look at the ranks of the soldiers that dies in the south, see if you can see any officers dying ? The strategy in the south haven't changed for a decade, its clear its not working so why continue with it ?

Both Governments have interests in the South, Thailand and Malaysia, The people in the middle who want to be completely ortonimus are the ones in he middle, both Governments stoke the hatred,

Yes the Thai special forces broke into Bangkok Zoo, shot the Gorillas and set the ostiges free,

Well, good then. So we don't have to worry about the gorillas, and ostiges can't shoot worth a darn, what with no hands....

I would argue that back in the early colonization of the US and the forming of the Constitution that, had the Muslim's landed on the shores of America

we would have fought a war as we were laying claim to the Americas as well. I am almost sure in my understanding of the US Constitution that the US would not have invaded any of the Muslim nations in the pretext of "a clear and present danger to the US and their far reaching interests in those days thus eliminating any hatred or terror from the vast Muslim Governments. I believe that the slow integration of Muslim people to western countries is changing those societies to a degree, such as food, dress and language issues. I have yet to see wars breaking out organically from the immigration of Muslims to western countries, instead what I have and am observing is the US presence whether covert or otherwise in those Muslim lands that fuel the hatred and plots of destruction from the marginalized Muslim people that have chosen or otherwise find themselves living among non believers of the Muslim faith. Can we really trust either history's of the US or Muslim nations? I mean I was raised on the belief from US history that native Americans were savages an non Christians thus the need for genocide. I was taught that my friend and now we know that it was a false and inaccurate history lesson...although I appreciate your post very much!

I can agree with you on most points; but they are some different points and dont tidy up to a single conclusion.

Yes, the US would have taken an action similar to current muslims if the US had been "occupied. I agree.

We have yet to see wars breaking out in western nations because history is playing out quite differently; it is simple as that. The absence of something is not a declaration; it does not become a positive. In our current events the issue is outside of western lands with a questionable rear guard forming within. This is controversial but it is my position. The nature of this will evolve to obscure the front lines in short time, if not already. This is the way it is playing out.

We do see US/Western interests being savaged and protested abroad and it is anathema for islam to have infidels on their soil; ok, I get that. But I also see everything being protested by islam, nearly everything. For every inch that's accommodated I see another foot being demanded- it cannot be otherwise within an ideology that has as its foundation dhimmitude for all non muslims. This is the nature or lawfare, rear guard action, of the immigrants you referred to not waring organically- within the host. As a group, muslim immigrants are most definitely not integrating, and why should they? Islam expressly forbids integration and was recognized as a potential dilution threat by no less than the prophet himself when, in Media, the hirja/"migration", he noted express requirements for living in non muslim lands, duties upon the muslim, etc (http://chersonandmolschky.com/tag/hirjah/). The islamic ummah must always exist as a supranational entity with oath only to islam. This is emphatic in the scriptures and universal sharia. That many nations have upstanding muslim citizens and productive assets to society simply does not change this fact.

My general response was to causation and I maintain that the Third Great Jihad would have been coming irrespective of how history unfolded. To assert the present is amputated from the past leaves 1200 years of islamic history without an exclamation point- (how then can the past be explained?). We know what that point was; they tell us all the time and have since 632CE. They even stated this clearly upon the repeated sacking of Vienna leading right up to the days you speculate about- during the time America was coming to pass islam was savaging the Western world. Indeed, they began sacking the western world as early as immediately. They only ever stopped because of combination of lethal blow from post enlightenment Europe and the rise of the industrial age. This was kept in check in a post WW world by the rise of a bipolar world. When these chains broke, and the social age unfolded, the jihad once again began. If we separate the present from the past we can only reach wrong conclusions. When history is so contiguous it cannot be ignored; it must at least be considered.

I can agree with you on most points; but they are some different points and dont tidy up to a single conclusion.

Yes, the US would have taken an action similar to current muslims if the US had been "occupied. I agree.

We have yet to see wars breaking out in western nations because history is playing out quite differently; it is simple as that. The absence of something is not a declaration; it does not become a positive. In our current events the issue is outside of western lands with a questionable rear guard forming within. This is controversial but it is my position. The nature of this will evolve to obscure the front lines in short time, if not already. This is the way it is playing out.

We do see US/Western interests being savaged and protested abroad and it is anathema for islam to have infidels on their soil; ok, I get that. But I also see everything being protested by islam, nearly everything. For every inch that's accommodated I see another foot being demanded- it cannot be otherwise within an ideology that has as its foundation dhimmitude for all non muslims. This is the nature or lawfare, rear guard action, of the immigrants you referred to not waring organically- within the host. As a group, muslim immigrants are most definitely not integrating, and why should they? Islam expressly forbids integration and was recognized as a potential dilution threat by no less than the prophet himself when, in Media, the hirja/"migration", he noted express requirements for living in non muslim lands, duties upon the muslim, etc (http://chersonandmolschky.com/tag/hirjah/). The islamic ummah must always exist as a supranational entity with oath only to islam. This is emphatic in the scriptures and universal sharia. That many nations have upstanding muslim citizens and productive assets to society simply does not change this fact.

My general response was to causation and I maintain that the Third Great Jihad would have been coming irrespective of how history unfolded. To assert the present is amputated from the past leaves 1200 years of islamic history without an exclamation point- (how then can the past be explained?). We know what that point was; they tell us all the time and have since 632CE. They even stated this clearly upon the repeated sacking of Vienna leading right up to the days you speculate about- during the time America was coming to pass islam was savaging the Western world. Indeed, they began sacking the western world as early as immediately. They only ever stopped because of combination of lethal blow from post enlightenment Europe and the rise of the industrial age. This was kept in check in a post WW world by the rise of a bipolar world. When these chains broke, and the social age unfolded, the jihad once again began. If we separate the present from the past we can only reach wrong conclusions. When history is so contiguous it cannot be ignored; it must at least be considered.

That was awesome reading! I appreciate your insight!

Well there aye some very interesting comments and sharing of opinions but apart from "LuckyLew" no one has answered the question, rather gone of at distinct tangents.

Now to focus ones mind the question I asked was " Do you think the Thai army has the skills, discipline and leadership qualities to send them packing ? or do you think the Thai military will just run away due to poor leadership and ill-discipline, just like the Iraqi army ?

So does any one else have anything to contribute in direct response to this question ?

The Thai army will hold out long enough for the Kurds and the Shia militias to arrive and defeat ISIS.

You can join in too if you like.

Dont worry Robin....The Bat Plane is standing by at the airport.

That will be fun.....will like to see how all the white farangs go on with their lives thencheesy.gif

" And today we will be beheading Mr Doe, aged 84 from......... for fornificating with a ladyboy from Pattaya, Allah Oh Akhbar, ....Splash!!! " blink.png

Archived